JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree, they kept repeating the same key words and key phases,
" we have to keep domestic abusers, felons, and mentally Ill from having easy access to guns, 48% less violence, 48% less cops killed" over and over and over until people assume it's fact when it's actually bullsh!t.

I also hate how they say "there were X people killed by gun violence and if one life can be saved it's worth it" Well how many of those killed were criminals that died committing a crime? How many were suicides? How many were criminal killing criminal? I'll tell you what, we need MORE criminals being killed by gun violence, the criminal should be taught to fear society, not the other way around.

I was there till about 8:15 close to the ragged end. they ran out of supporters and was just running the people against the bill one rep from I think Jackson county said they have been receiving e-mails and letters to the tune of 3,200 plus against to less than 5 yes , I said 5 for.
If they pass this bill on it will, as sheriff Glen Palmer said be almost treason.

I was there till about 8:15 close to the ragged end. they ran out of supporters and was just running the people against the bill one rep from I think Jackson county said they have been receiving e-mails and letters to the tune of 3,200 plus against to less than 5 yes , I said 5 for.
If they pass this bill on it will, as sheriff Glen Palmer said be almost treason.

No Almost at all............... it will be.

I watched that part and I am glad that he spoke up about that.

I got the after 6 and was testifying around 715. They closed early because the was Noone else to testify. A little disappointed by our side on that front.

I got reprimanded by the chair for saying anyone who tells you this bill will work is either stupid, ignorant, or lying to you. I wish more of you guys would have shown up.

I got the after 6 and was testifying around 715. They closed early because the was Noone else to testify. A little disappointed by our side on that front.

I got reprimanded by the chair for saying anyone who tells you this bill will work is either stupid, ignorant, or lying to you. I wish more of you guys would have shown up.

Saw that :D

" we have to keep domestic abusers, felons, and mentally Ill from having easy access to guns, 48% less violence, 48% less cops killed" over and over and over until people assume it's fact when it's actually bullsh!t.

I also hate how they say "there were X people killed by gun violence and if one life can be saved it's worth it" Well how many of those killed were criminals that died committing a crime? How many were suicides? How many were criminal killing criminal? I'll tell you what, we need MORE criminals being killed by gun violence, the criminal should be taught to fear society, not the other way around.

image.jpg

I wish I could have been there because I would love to call folks out (especially those plebes from the Oregon Episcopal school) on the "if we can save just one life" claptrap. It really pisses me off every time I hear someone say that. And the reason I get so pissed is the outright hypocrisy of that statement. "If we could save just one life" has become the cry of those trying to take away certain rights, but not others. The reason? Who wants to argue with saving a life? No reasonable person, certainly. And they count on the fact that people won't challenge them on this very point for fear they'll come across as some sadistic prick.

But take their argument to it's logical conclusion (one tactic of debate). If "saving just one life" is now the supreme moral code of our society, then we should apply it evenly, with full force, to all of our life's decisions. So, with that in mind, I would like to propose heavily restricting or outright banning the following, as we could save not "just one life", but many, many lives:

* Cars, trucks, motorcycles
* Airplanes
* Trains
* Bicycles
* Baseball Bats
* Chain Saws
* Steak Knives
* Smoking of all kinds
* Any food not made from 100% organic, raw foods
* Meat
* Alcohol
* Soccer Matches (especially in Britain)
* Pretty much all sports
* Electricity
* Water
* Jails (people die in those things)
* Hospitals, doctors
* Prescription and non-prescription drugs
* Any other item that is sharp, blunt, heavy, rusty, dirty or slippery

Of course these folks would call this little exercise 'ridiculous'. No one would ever suggest further restricting or banning the items in my list, and they would do so knowing that every one of those things is responsible for hundreds, thousands, even hundreds of thousands of deaths every year. Of course we can't ban all of those things, we need them, want them or make a lot of money from them (cigarettes, alcohol, etc.). Why, no rational person would even suggest such things. Guns, however, are evil, as we all know, they must be restricted/removed now!

Calling them out on their false logic would be so easy to do, again, not that it would really help, but shame on this 'teacher' at the Oregon Episcopal school for not pointing it out to his students. Many of them used the "save just one life" argument, one that is clearly flawed. Did he not realize that? Or did he teach them to use that, knowing it would likely not be challenged?

This battle is not about saving lives. They prove that by making such statements, yet not equally applying it to other areas. They prove it by admitting that it's unenforceable and likely won't do much to change anything. They prove it by admitting that many of the crimes they weep over wouldn't have been affected by this law. They prove it by ignoring honest to goodness suggestions by legislators and citizens to alter this law to be fair to the law abiding, choosing rather to ignore them to push their agenda through.

It's all a dog and pony show, but ultimately, they're all just a$$es.

I am also reminded of two things Thomas Jefferson wrote to James Madison back in 1787:

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" and "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."

These politicians would do well to be learned in both of these statements. In a free society, there will be danger, that is both unfortunate and unavoidable, but it is the cost of living in such a place. Rather than overly restrain the populace, you move in reaction to those that choose to abuse their freedom at the cost of others, while allowing the rest their free movement. These folks think they can maintain a free society by restricting us to the point that we can barely breathe. I'm afraid I have to defer to the honorable Mr. Jefferson on this one.

As to the 2nd, well, I'd say it would be good for any and all politicians to read that one every day after they wake up. Otherwise, they may find themselves on the wrong end of a citizenry that "wakes up" to their dishonorable intentions.

Does anyone know the best way to get the name of the teacher that brought his students down to testify? I'm seriously considering writing that whole class to assist in a proper education by addressing some errors in logic.

Does anyone know the best way to get the name of the teacher that brought his students down to testify? I'm seriously considering writing that whole class to assist in a proper education by addressing some errors in logic.

I do not know the name, But i dont think those kids would ever see your writings but instead get the teachers view on what you said.

I do not know the name, But i dont think those kids would ever see your writings but instead get the teachers view on what you said.

Quite likely, but staying silent doesn't appeal to me. I think the kids might find a response to their testimony interesting.

Kudos to everyone who attended the hearing.

Reality v. emotion in Oregon gun control hearing

Yesterday's marathon public hearing in Salem on the proposed "universal background check" measure being considered by the Oregon legislature produced plenty of rhetoric but probably changed few minds on either side of the debate.

<broken link removed>

Was anyone asked by OSP if they were carrying yesterday? Did they ask to see your CHL? I was expecting this, but when I walked by a dozen officers by the front door, all they said way "good evening", and politely directed me to the Hearing Room when I asked if I was at the correct entrance. I sat right next to another OSP in the Hearing Room, and nothing said there either.

Just wondering if seeing me roll up in my completely non-tacticool Subaru Outback and business attire made them believe I was on the other side, r if they just got tired of asking, and figured we weren't a threat?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top