JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to getting into shotgun hunting again, mainly duck and turkey. Any suggestions on a versatile 12 ga. that could do the job for both, i.e. has an interchangeable choke. What's your favorite? I've been looking at Brownings, but don't quite have the cash for one as of right now.

Any input is appreciated!

Browing is a good choice with many available aftermarket chokes. Must be careful though of the invector + styles. The Super Nova is another good gun as is the Remington 1100 and 11-87. I prefer pump over semi auto's but to each his own. If you really want a decent gun for a small amount of money go for a Stoegor, they have a 12 gauge semi for 450 and they go on sale every now and then. That's about a low as you can go for a semi nice gun.

Scott

I use a 870 express remington. I have shot countless ducks, gease, and upland bird. It even makes a great close range deer hunting gun with a slug. The price is right and it will last a lifetime. I prefer a pump also. I know too many people that have had a problem with the semi in a bad time. And they seem to have proplems when its freezing cold and raining in the duck blind.

My 12 is a Browning BPS, and I've never had any problems with it, but I don't hunt ducks or geese. I mainly use it to keep crows out of the fruit trees, and during elk season around my house, since I live in a restriction area.

Must be careful though of the invector + styles.
Scott

What's wrong with the invector + tubes? I've never had any problems with mine.

My 12 is a Browning BPS, and I've never had any problems with it, but I don't hunt ducks or geese. I mainly use it to keep crows out of the fruit trees, and during elk season around my house, since I live in a restriction area.

What's wrong with the invector + tubes? I've never had any problems with mine.

No there is nothing wrong with them the problem lies when people go to buy aftermarket chokes browning accepts different kinds and you have to make sure you get the right choke for the gun. Other than that I love my BPS. One problem again with this gun. I take apart all my guns to clean and inspect and only BPS owners can relate to this. If you look at the manual for the BPS is just says take off the barrel and clean it well I decided to go farther and then all of a sudden like 8 pieces just fell out of the receiver. I googled for info and all I got was pay for info on this becasue everyone experiences it. It took me 3 hours to figure out how to put it back together. Again only BPS people can understand this. Try it out and I can't figure out why they built it like that. My Benelli's and Remingtons are made to come apart but Browning had a different idea.

Scott:cool:

I have a 10ga Browning BPS in Wetlands camo and that thing is a turkey/goose slayer. I've even flock shot a group of what I thought were green wing teals and dropped 2. Turned out it was a flock of Mallards at about 80yds. The action on the BPS is great! Also, my Benelli Super Nova has the recoil reducing stock and is a dream to shoot. I would highly suggest either.

Thanks for the heads up on the chokes. I've never bought any extras for mine, but I'll keep that in mind.

Yeah, the BPS is a PITA to take apart. I started once, but quickly gave up. Now I'm stuck using q-tips to get as much as I can.

Like pirateer said, the action is nice. I think it's partly because the BPS has dual action bars, which are nice.

I bought mine because I'm a lefty, but my brother borrows it whenever he's in town and he shoots righty. With the bottom eject and tang safety, it's completely ambidextrous, which is nice.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top