JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw one episode.

I found it hard to believe they didn't know the British Isles were west. They never sailed down the coast before? You can see it from France.

I kinda liked the "come here slave" bit right before they sailed.

I think the point is this is when they first sailed WEST at all. It mentions they always raided to the East towards Russia.

Also this is but one group of Vikings.

I find it pretty good. Within limits of Television.

I found it hard to believe they didn't know the British Isles were west. They never sailed down the coast before? You can see it from France.

The first recorded Viking raids on the British Isles were in 789BC. They believe the Norse likely first set foot in North America around 1060-1100, way before Columbus.

Modern day the ferry from Newcastle, UK to Oslo takes 16 hours. So I bet it would take a few days with favorable winds to get there by longship.

Fairly believable fiction so far---although the Brit/Irish accents are a bit much at times.

I agree.

You can ever notice that anytime they do a historical fiction show or movie that they default to a British accent, no matter what the intended language is?

I feel like they are trying to do a strange staccato accent. And when they are among the English, the Vikings speak a very Germanic, Nordic language and the Saxon Priests seem to be speaking a form of Old English, so I do give Kudos for that...But yes, all the British and Aussie actors do revert to an "English" type accent.

At least it's better than Kevin Costner's accent in Robin Hood!

I have rather enjoyed it so far. Ragnar.... Actually a name of a fairly famous Viking. Yeah, agree with Mark(yeah hard to believe, I know) but it seems to be set very early in the Viking exisitance. The setting seems to be Norway or Sweden. Denmark is flat. And the invention of the long boat was a major deal.... My ancestry comes from that part of the world so always interested in the topic.

I thought the Vikings were much more violent than whats on the show. I mean last week when Ragnor's wife stopped the rape of the Saxon woman was stretch. I thought in Viking culture of the time raping and pillaging were not only sanctioned and condoned but also encouraged.

But I have ancesters who are Viking and I'm enjoying the show.

I thought the Vikings were much more violent than whats on the show. I mean last week when Ragnor's wife stopped the rape of the Saxon woman was stretch. I thought in Viking culture of the time raping and pillaging were not only sanctioned and condoned but also encouraged.

Well maybe the women folk especially ones who had recently just fought off a rape attempt weren't in on the program! not to mention she didn't like Kanute anyway.

Yeah, and that society was different anyhow...The Norse, Pict, and Celtic societies in general held their women in very high regard. But raping your pillage victims was not out of bounds, though, I imagine the female warrior types were not fond of the practice.

1/19/16

Vikings-Season-4-poster-539x700.jpe

Vikings-Season-4-poster-539x700.jpe

Just finished watching the first season of Marco Polo on Netflix and was mildly entertained.
I'll have to check on Xfinity to see if I can view the Vikings.

Just finished watching the first season of Marco Polo on Netflix and was mildly entertained.
I'll have to check on Xfinity to see if I can view the Vikings.
You've got just enough time to watch all three seasons before the fourth!
I just repowerwatched the third to get all primed for the new season. axe me anything..! lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top