JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Industrial buildings near airports are more likely to be the site of plane crashes, merely because most accidents take place during takeoff and landing.

The Idaho crash is a prime example of a business being able to build in a spot that is obstructing the path of takeoffs and landings. A 60' tall chimney in such an area is asking for trouble. The pilot clearly had no intention of hitting the building.

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Industrial buildings near airports are more likely to be the site of plane crashes, merely because most accidents take place during takeoff and landing.
Or in the flight path period.

I live on a mountain that is only ~1400' at the peak, but is on the flight path between Hillsboro or Stark's (which is much closer), and Newberg/Salem. So aircraft fly over several times a day. The mountain has it's share of aircraft that have come down on it during bad weather because pilots (private aircraft) tried to sneak under (or thru) the clouds and didn't clear the mountain. None of the pilots were trying to hit the mountain - at least that is the assumption, as none of them survived AFAIK.

So he rumor mill has progressed to 21 plants and two hit by airplanes?

Define "disabled"

Source for this rumor?
1650906120834.png

Multiple Large Food Processing & Distribution Plants in US Have Recently Exploded or Burned Down

Matt Agorist April 21, 2022

It's all over the news feeds everywhere. +20 facilities going up in smoke. I forget which one had a industrial insurance rep on saying it is statistically impossible (1 in 14 million) for this many plants to have accidents in such a short time frame. I don't have a crystal ball for answers or insight but this seems highly unlikely it's random. Forces are at work in ways we cannot have ever predicted.

I was just wondering if anyone has any concerns about a food shortage? I know with a of the flooding in the Midwest that a lot of farmers gave up on planting this year.

Illinois farmers give up on planting after floods, throw party instead

I am not sure how dependent we are on corn or other crops for from the Midwest but would expect higher prices since millions of acres of corn were not planted. I am thinking about stocking up on some canned goods and other items now.

I am not sure if MSM has posted anything yet either but I expect food prices to rise in the future.
Shortages no. Fluctuating prices perhaps.

View attachment 1184896

Multiple Large Food Processing & Distribution Plants in US Have Recently Exploded or Burned Down

Matt Agorist April 21, 2022

It's all over the news feeds everywhere. +20 facilities going up in smoke. I forget which one had a industrial insurance rep on saying it is statistically impossible (1 in 14 million) for this many plants to have accidents in such a short time frame. I don't have a crystal ball for answers or insight but this seems highly unlikely it's random. Forces are at work in ways we cannot have ever predicted.
It's no coincidence that the legalization of cannabis coincides with this uptick of derpitude.

Went grocery shopping, prices are way up. My favorite soup was up 75 cents a can. Odds are we won't run short of food but money we will.
I keep an eye on sales on Woot/Amazon/etc.

I bought a half case (a flat of 24) of Progresso roast beef soup at 10 cents off per can compared to the best sale price at Winco. Delivered to my door (free Prime shipping) - although I when I go into town for my chiro/massage is when I hit Costco/Winco.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top