JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This app has been updated again. Overall, it has improved and there is a new option to add a gun-friendly establishment (green flag). People are also starting to contribute friendly or non-friendly businesses.
When I press the Search Nearby button, just show the map and the flags visible in that map range. The problem right now is I am asked for a radius. It works, but if I keep scrolling on the map outside of that radius then flags are not appearing as expected.
I'm glad you like the improvements; it was a major update in both UI and new functionality. I understand your point about the map. It will show all locations that are within whatever radius you pick. You can pick "All" distance if you'd like, and it will then show all flags no matter how far you zoom out. But it will take a couple of minutes to generate that huge map. The DB has to do a running calculation on each location that is added. I recommend using 20 miles or 50 miles for performance reasons. (You can also show all locations within a state by entering the State field only, but again that will be a bit slower query.)

Question for Xwing: as we go through our lives and discover anti-gun establishments and then add them to the program does this update everybody's database or just mine?
It will update everyone's DB. Just hit "Refresh DB" button to see all the latest, from all users, immediately. (If you don't ever hit that button, the phone will ask to automatically refresh after 7 days.)

it's great on the one hand about not going to business that don't allow ccw but at the same time you should call or email those business
I agree. That's another feature of the app. It lets you call or email businesses on the list (for entries where the poster added a phone number or email address.)

I think this is a great idea. It is really easy to simply ignore the signs and continue on doing what you like, but supporting businesses that don't support the 2nd amendment is not okay.

I think this is a great idea. It is really easy to simply ignore the signs and continue on doing what you like, but supporting businesses that don't don't support the 2nd amendment is not okay.

I haven't seen a "no weapons" sign in ages except for the one that USED to be at the local mall. -That sign has been removed.

I live in Yakima. I walk into a courthouse and check my gun and the cops want to gawk at it. (custom 1911). I OC around town and no one even notices. This is one of the reasons I love my home town. If you choose to live in liberal-land, you're going to run into a lot more of this. But I've OC'd in Walmart, Walgreen's (A known anti-gun corporation) Costco, and any number of other businesses in town and never had ANY, as in NOT ONE question, much less an objection. I CC a lot more than I OC. But honestly, I just haven't seen any issues on this. It's all dependent upon "community standards."

The more urban you are, the more unlikely it is that people have dealt with guns AT ALL. More than likely, the objection you may run into is based not on any rule but on simple fear because of ignorance.

When I ran into this stuff living in Massachusetts, I used it as a teaching opportunity. You'd be surprised how many gun-phobes will come meet you at the range for a day of shooting and leave the day solidly on our side. They don't know any better. They are afraid of the unknown. It's our job to introduce them to that unknown world in a helpful, friendly and non-scary way. Remember that every urbanite you convert will convert some other urbanite. And urbanization, NOT liberalization, is our great enemy.

I think this is a great idea. It is really easy to simply ignore the signs and continue on doing what you like, but supporting businesses that don't don't support the 2nd amendment is not okay.

Thanks! There's also a "Call" and "Email" button on each business to make it easy to let them know why you won't be patronizing them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top