JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to get off topic, but I'm fed up with all the robo-calls to my cell phone. So unless I know you and the number I don't even answer it anymore. Sorry in advance for the topic drift.

Not to get off topic, but I'm fed up with all the robo-calls to my cell phone. So unless I know you and the number I don't even answer it anymore. Sorry in advance for the topic drift.
That's actually right on target. While many people let everything go to message, some are sufficiently curious to dial a number back and ask what the caller wanted (especially if, for instance, they're waiting to hear from a doctor/lab).

I'm retired 2+ years and keeping busy with more projects than ever. I would, however, happily volunteer 20 hours a week, or more, to any outfit actively engaged in tracking down scammers, especially those who prey on mentally fragile elderly people. But, sadly, the oxygen bandits are mostly offshore and well-insulated from detection/prosecution.

It would be a delightful privilege to beat a scammer with my bare hands.

Last Edited:
I just got a robot call saying my "Social Security number has been suspended due to criminal activity, press one to speak with an officer."

Okay sure. :s0141:

They got yours too? Dang it!!

Yah, had that call the other day...

Get hang up/no message calls every day.

Dunno what those are about.

The scammer calls, press 1 to be removed etc I can kinda see. As they are fishing, or just confirming a real number they then can sell on some list. But the hang ups? Argh!

They got yours too? Dang it!!

Yah, had that call the other day...

Get hang up/no message calls every day.

Dunno what those are about.

The scammer calls, press 1 to be removed etc I can kinda see. As they are fishing, or just confirming a real number they then can sell on some list. But the hang ups? Argh!
Pressing 1 "to be removed from our list" only confirms to the computer at the other end that a human responded at your end, so now it treats your number as legit and available for ongoing exploitation.

Last Edited:
Got Similar text two days ago that my Wells Fargo account was suspended due to suspicious activities... difficult to do since I've never have a Wells Fargo account.
Is it weird that I already miss having It Anyway?

Last Edited:

My phone allows me to block phone numbers. I'd assume most smartphones do the same. It saves a lot of annoyance.

Yah, but new hang ups almost everyday...

I believe if you answer them, your number ends up in a database for more to call. At this point, (as others have said) I don't even answer my phone unless I know the person calling, then if they leave a voicemail and it's spam I block it. If I get a call from the same number that I don't know repeatedly and they don't leave a voicemail, I also block it. People who care to try and get a hold of you will leave a voicemail, especially if they don't know you that well and their number isn't already in your phone.

We don't get cell reception at my place, so we have a landline. I got rid of my cell phone some time back since I never use it in my new carreer as a Professional Hermit.

The machine and the phone show the caller ID but so many are fake it's almost pointless to look. Spoofed numbers are common with the calls I get, so I have to answer sometimes.
The whole thing is a PITA. :mad:

My new truck is only five months old and I get at least two to three calls every day claiming my warranty is ready to expire. Dang, I thought Chevy had a better warranty, LOL

ALL this can be resolved/stopped if the FCC would do their part!!
Problem is they don't care.

As several have said, I don't answer the land line, period.
Leave a message. No message= not worth my time.

Cell phone gets answered by number recognition based on my contact list.

Then there are those who use a cell phone and an "app" to place calls (pranksters) from any number they input in.
In otherwards, I've received calls from my home phone number, to my cell phone. When I'm in the vicinity of both.
The calls can also come from known numbers and appear legit.

All this CRAP, the FCC can put a STOP too, IF they wanted too.

Got the same message in my voicemail a few weeks ago.

I'm pretty much at the point where if whoever's calling isn't already in my address book, I don't bother picking up the phone. If it's important, they'll leave a message.

I got what I think was a new one today too. When the phone rang I looked and saw it was from an "800 Service". I went back to what I was doing outside. I saw they'd left a message a bit later. I missed the first part of the robo message due to my announcement on the machine. The caller robot was saying all I needed to do was get to the computer and follow the directions given to me and I could get my refund.

It's depressing to think there are that many people that will be that gullible?

I just got a robot call saying my "Social Security number has been suspended due to criminal activity, press one to speak with an officer."

Okay sure. :s0141:

LOL. Does that mean I can stop paying into Social Security?

Ditto. I'd say 80-90% of voice calls I receive on my cell are robo-crap, so I don't answer unless it is someone on my contacts list.

No you have to keep paying so my checks continue. By the time you young guys retire it will be twelve thousand units or $1.47 in today's dollars. Your great, great grandchildren will be working to pay the tab by then.

Lockbox my Aunt Fanny.

Sorry.

:s0137:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR