JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is the article. Doesn't look like the intention was to incite violence to me. but then I have a rational imagination.

2qeiBqv.jpg

Rep. Post was even less ambiguous and it triggered the antis to call the cops. And he lost his committee seat to boot. This is a copy and paste of my response on twitter @pro2aoregon

For those who only speak "Victim", let me translate Rep. Post's tweet. Be ready means, make appts with your Legislators. Be there means, don't miss or be late to those appts. Rep. Post doesn't promote or condone violence unlike Antifa & Bam thugs.

Of course I spelled BAMN wrong. Here is link to Rep. Post tweet: Bill Post on Twitter

"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

I'm not saying you have to go around like you're walking on eggshells, but maybe it's worth being a little more careful? No need to add more fuel to the fire. Or, maybe it just doesn't matter anymore: Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

Last Edited:
Hmmmmm....

Snowflakes enraged by the disclosure of truth of what the dimwit party is up to...

So surprising. We know the opposition prefers to operate under cover of darkness... Not the least bit above board.

Time for everyone to take a reality pill and call things for what they truely are...

Hmmmmm....

Snowflakes enraged by the disclosure of truth of what the dimwit party is up to...

So surprising. We know the opposition prefers to operate under cover of darkness... Not the least bit above board.

Time for everyone to take a reality pill and call things for what they truely are...
I don't think any of these "victims" are really afraid of us. This is simply a way to gain sympathy, attention and support. Oh and to make us look bad. I agree with @MarLin72 in that higher profile people and orgs should be more careful with public comments to avoid giving the victims what they desire.

Growing up as a kid I never noticed that melting snowflakes actually make noise.

:rolleyes:

One as a young Airman in uniform, I was checking out of a hotel and trying to call a cab to make a flight. A little girl ran up and told me to solute her. Uh, okay, I did but that wasn't enough. She went on to yell a bunch of orders to me that ended with, you have to do what I say.

Every time I see Nancy Pelosi she reminds me of that crazy little girl. About the same size and all. Screaming a bunch of nonsense and not worth listening to.

Last Edited:
The sub-headline explains the title: "Congressional Democrats Target Gun Owners......"

There's nothing ambiguous about the intent of title - Gun owners are the targets of Democrats. We are their "Target Practice".

Anti-Gunners, once again, proving they have gone off the deep end.

The sub-headline explains the title: "Congressional Democrats Target Gun Owners......"

There's nothing ambiguous about the intent of title - Gun owners are the targets of Democrats. We are their "Target Practice".

Libs, once again, proving they have gone off the deep end.

^^^

This!

WE are the targets of the anti gun Ds, Rs, etc.

MAJOR Gun Control Bills Move To U.S House Floor For A Vote

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/02/maj...#ixzz5gNmt5znq

USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- H.R. 8 and H.R. 1112 are moving to the House of Representatives floor for a vote this week!!! A 3rd, yet very dangerous bill, could also rear its ugly head this week as well: H.R. 1263.

H.R. 8, known as the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019, seeks to, amongst other things, to criminalize private sales of firearms. The bill was sponsored by Representative Michael Thompson (D-CA) and has 232 co-sponsors. This bill has been moving through the House of Representatives very rapidly since it was introduced on January 8, 2019. From the bill: "The purpose of this Act is to utilize the current background checks process in the United States to ensure individuals prohibited from gun possession are not able to obtain firearms." https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...se-bill/8/text

H.R. 1112, known as the Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2019, seeks to remove the 3-day safety net regarding delayed NICS Checks and reinstitute a system that could very easily delay and prevent gun sales. This bill was sponsored by Representative James Clyburn (D-SC) and was only submitted on February 8, 2019. You have to wonder WHY this bill is already going to the floor for a full vote only 17 days after it was submitted… From the bill: "

Section 922(t)(1)(B)(ii) of title 18, United States Code is amended—

(1) in paragraph (1)(B), by striking clause (ii) and inserting the following:

"(ii) in the event the system has not notified the licensee that the receipt of a firearm by such other person would violate subsection (g) or (n) of this section—

"(I) not fewer than 10 business days (meaning a day on which State offices are open) has elapsed since the licensee contacted the system, and the system has not notified the licensee that the receipt of a firearm by such other person would violate subsection (g) or (n) of this section, and the other person has submitted, electronically through a website established by the Attorney General or by first-class mail, a petition for review which" https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-.../text?r=25&s=1

H.R. 1263 seeks to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act any semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine. In short, this bill looks to add ARs, AKs, Precision Rifles, and ANY semi-automatic rifle that is CAPABLE of accepting a detachable magazine to the National Firearms Act, aka NFA. That's right, $200 Tax Stamp and all. This bill was sponsored by Representative Theodore Deutch (D-FL) and was introduced, along with dozens of other anti-gun bills nationwide, on February 14, 2019, the one-year anniversary of the Marjory Stoneman High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-.../text?r=13&s=1

Cate

Everyone has a different perspective on how they view things.
Which is fine , until its not and folks read way too much into a comment , statements , article title , etc...

Looking at the NRA's article title , including the sub-headline , I view it as :
Gun owners and guns are in the sights of those who wish ban guns or make more restrictions on guns and gun ownership.

Now after reading my perspective , am I saying that guns and gun owners are literally in the gun sights of those who wish to ban guns...?
No...is was a intended pun and one filled with irony....Kinda like the NRA article title.

Are there those who will "read" more into my statement or a magazine article's title...yes
To them I would say , just I like do to my students..."Read the whole article and take a moment to think , before you speak."
Or as Freud was supposed to say : "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".
Andy

Remember what happened to Rep. Post just last week? How a mundane and short statement was completely taken out of context to be turned into a threat?
Remember the person who handed a state senator a piece of paper on why SB501 is a bad bill, and got a visit by the state police for 'threatening' the senator?
Remember how Smollet ended up NOT being a victim?

It seems that way of thinking is still alive and well. People are claiming the NRA is calling for violence against Pelosi and Gifford based on a headline. And are focused on it like a hound, while ignoring the very next sentence describing how Pelosi is the one targeting gun owners. Pictures of the article in question are in the comments section.

I have to wonder; what is the best way to counter these lies?

NRA runs 'Target Practice' headline next to photos of Nancy Pelosi, gun violence victim Gabrielle Giffords

If you can't "win" legally, "win" by causing hate, discontent, turmoil, fear, yell, scream, threaten (then claim you are a victim), illegally protest then cry because things didn't go your way, etc, etc, etc....

The anti's are taking absolutely EVERYTHING and twisting it to their agenda. It suits their agenda.

But if a supporter stands up for their Rights, they are marked as being a radical. o_O

I'm not saying you have to go around like you're walking on eggshells, but maybe it's worth being a little more careful? No need to add more fuel to the fire.

Oh and to make us look bad. I agree with @MarLin72 in that higher profile people and orgs should be more careful with public comments to avoid giving the victims what they desire.

After the response the Sarah Palin's "target" comment you'd think the NRA would be more careful!!

Or as Freud was supposed to say : "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".
Andy

I read that Monica showed up at an Oscar's party in a nice blue dress! :eek:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class