JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't get me wrong bragging about how easy it is for me. I feel for you guys that have to have an act of congress to buy something you have a dozen of at home already!

I do feel for ya.

So I got an email from my attorney today. She tells me she wants to make a Federal case of my situation. Literally. Looks like I might be a test case for the constitutionality of the FBI stopping the appeal process. Sounds like its a big enough deal that she would take them on Pro Bono. Kind of scary, Suing the FBI sounds kind of like kicking a hornets nest.

Wifey's delay is now over 2 months. Keith's has the money for the gun and BGC. You can't call Keith's and get a person to answer the phone, after it rings a number of times you get a que to enter a number/name to leave a voicemail, but it seems that may be only a way for employees to reach the store? The number for the OSP that you are given when a delay occurs has no one answer and they don't return calls.

WE'RE POed! This, so-called, "Background Check" system is a TRAVESTY!! We've been staunch supporters of Keith's, but when you can't call a business and speak to someone, OR leave a message and have a call returned? I'm having second thoughts.......Bubblegum!

Wifey's delay is now over 2 months. Keith's has the money for the gun and BGC. You can't call Keith's and get a person to answer the phone, after it rings a number of times you get a que to enter a number/name to leave a voicemail, but it seems that may be only a way for employees to reach the store? The number for the OSP that you are given when a delay occurs has no one answer and they don't return calls.

UPDATE:

Wifey got a hold of Keith's. They apparently will answer the phone if you call at one minute after opening. The gal got our number and called back after speaking to the OSP, (they must have a sooper secret OSP number). Wifey is now delayed out to March 17th, (maybe earlier) riiight. This has become a delay of four days short of FOUR months for a person that holds an, newly re-uped, Oregon concealed carry permit and has purchased several guns in the last five years.

Not that it would do any good, but, which public servant has any oversight, or control over OSP? That might be written to? It might be worth a shot just to see if, or what kind of a response you might get? This is crazy, and exactly what Prozanski's bill http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001HaJr..._ZzYpJaJU1qcv9FEgVnGEVpkJzjhUwh4l3GY3Fk5Pgw== could/would make the norm, waiting for an extremely long time, or forever, for delays to be reversed. Not even to mention the kind of cluster-flop that IronMonster is going through.

I just got a letter back from the Department of Justice on my UPIN. They say they got my application (which I sent in 2 months ago) and are currently looking at applications that where submitted in January of 2015 (or 12+ months ago)

I just got a letter back from the Department of Justice on my UPIN. They say they got my application (which I sent in 2 months ago) and are currently looking at applications that where submitted in January of 2015 (or 12+ months ago)

I don't recall if you've told a story, but, did you have a touch of color in your past that won't go away? Similar name to some ax murderer? Or the like? Or is this "Bottomless pit" you're in just out of the blue/for no reason that anybody knows or will tell?

At the rate were going, they won't need to pass more gun control laws they just need to slowly delay and deny us all over a period of time!

I don't really want to publicly explain, I'll just say I know what the problem is, It should not be a problem. I am legal to own a firearm and they are denying that right unlawfully

EDIT: I had a long explanation typed out here but really its just not the kind of thing I want left on the inter-webs for anyone to see. That's the long and short of it.

Last Edited:
Stories like this might partly explain why SB-941 has so few willing participants. A whopping 292 private checks for the month of December. :D

E

At Keith's you pay for the gun and BGC fully. Only then do they run the 4473. I've never asked, but I'm betting that is so people aren't using them to run a BGC trial: "Will the state figure out I'm a prohibited person?" But that is just my conjecture.

Unless I someday get wrongfully denied, I refuse to put down my social security #!!

I don't really want to publicly explain, I'll just say I know what the problem is, It should not be a problem. I am legal to own a firearm and they are denying that right unlawfully

EDIT: I had a long explanation typed out here but really its just not the kind of thing I want left on the inter-webs for anyone to see. That's the long and short of it.

I wasn't expecting specifics IronMonster. I'm trying to figure out how the system works, and it's difficult because the people in charge won't tell you the rules of the game. I hate that! My mind works with logic just fine. When logic is absent it causes me all kinds of, befuddlement, is the best I can describe the feeling. You're situation is really insane/illogical!

I got a bit of an explanation (rules for the game?) from Kieth's that makes sense. The OSP searches your background on your first purchase and come up with a "red flag" of some kind. In Wifeys case, at age 19. Over 30 years ago she got a misdemeanor charge while out with some friends, a couple of the friends were the perps of a vandalism. Wifey was charged with them but charges were dropped. That record comes up and the OSP apparently checks to make sure it is not a domestic violence misdemeanor. At that time she was okayed after 30 days. Five years, approximately, later the OSP purges their system and the little misdemeanor flag pops up again! Only NOW with all the BGCs going through OSP Keith's says the wait time is up to SIX weeks!

We're told now that if Wifey goes to Multco and gets a copy of her record and it's disposition that that may be faxed to OSP in the future so we can avoid this long wait for on a delay. This may be an answer to ONE kind of delay at least. We'll see.

So I got an email from my attorney today. She tells me she wants to make a Federal case of my situation. Literally. Looks like I might be a test case for the constitutionality of the FBI stopping the appeal process. Sounds like its a big enough deal that she would take them on Pro Bono. Kind of scary, Suing the FBI sounds kind of like kicking a hornets nest.
Could fall under the "be careful what you ask for " catagory

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top