JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My last few transactions were delayed with no call ever from the FBI. The shop let me take them after the three days and every time I go in there I ask if they've ever got a call and they reply nope. I have concealed cards in several states and get delayed 99% of the time ( in the last 30 or so transactions one was not delayed)

Far as I'm concerned your experience just shows how stupid and non-working the system really is:eek:

My last few transactions were delayed with no call ever from the FBI. The shop let me take them after the three days and every time I go in there I ask if they've ever got a call and they reply nope. I have concealed cards in several states and get delayed 99% of the time ( in the last 30 or so transactions one was not delayed)
What if the shop does the unimaginable and does not want to give it up after the three days?

My last pistol purchase was in October in NW Washington. I have a CPL and it didn't take much time, maybe 15 minutes while I did the paper work. The nice lady at Doc Holliday's Guns made me a cup of coffee while she made the call.:D

Brutus Out

My last pistol purchase was in October in NW Washington. I have a CPL and it didn't take much time, maybe 15 minutes while I did the paper work. The nice lady at Doc Holliday's Guns made me a cup of coffee while she made the call.:D

Brutus Out
Yea, I've never had a delay before. I was always checked, approved, and out the door in no more than 15 minutes... Just wanted my 3 day weekend with a new rifle. I'm curious if I bought a pistol if I would have been delayed since i have my CPL.. Hmmm.... Oh well, that's the way it goes..

Some dealer want the actual response from the ATF before they release the gun.
I don't do much business with these dealers. After the wait,whatever it is now,I expect my firearm. If not that's the last firearm I buy from you
3 months is pure BS
Yep that's why I only buy from two three gun shops up here because I delt with the waiting to hear back from ATF after waiting a month I told them I didn't want it went to another store had gun in hand in a few days

This thread on ifish has a guy buying from Cabela's, getting a delay and while he's waiting to be cleared Cabela's sells the gun.
"Background Check" OSP delayed purchase for two months? - www.ifish.net

Any body ever had it happen to them. I was under the impression from my own experience that the gun and check are paid for when you fill out the form? It's been awhile I guess since I've bough new from a dealer. My last was an on-line order and the FFL gets his $s before the paperwork as I recall.
I would guess that unless it was a used gun that they only had one of I would be pissed but if not they probably have 20 more in the back room

UPDATE:
Got the call this morning to come on down and pick up my new AR. So the delay was only technically 4 days because of the holiday on Monday. Not too bad for as impatient of a person as I am. Got it home, threw some Magpul pop ups on it. Think I might go grab the
Bushnell Optics FFP Illuminated BTR-1 BDC Reticle Riflescope with Target Turrets and Throw Down PCL, 1-4x 24mm. Looks like it has some pretty good reviews for the price. Now time to go this weekend and throw some lead down range! 20170119_133416.jpg 20170119_133448.jpg

Yea, I've never had a delay before. I was always checked, approved, and out the door in no more than 15 minutes... Just wanted my 3 day weekend with a new rifle. I'm curious if I bought a pistol if I would have been delayed since i have my CPL.. Hmmm.... Oh well, that's the way it goes..
I get delayed every time

Wow. Be sure to document it. If there is ever something that comes up about how bad the background check system is, stories like yours will be important.
What store are you buying from .
I waited 3 months one time for a shotgun.
Then cancel it and went to another store .same thing delay but waited 10 days .

Shotgun in hand out the door 10days later .
Some one can correct me if I am wrong .
But I believe it is 10 day waiting on a delay .
And unless the ATF or fbi says no .
It's up to the store to proceed the store can wait till they get a proceed from the FBI but that can take a year.
That's why I only buy my guns that say YOU HAVE BEEN DELAYED . COME BACK IN TEN DAYS TO PICK UP YOUR GUN...

UNLESS THEY GET A DO NOT PROCEED

When they said I was delayed, I told them "but I'm angry now". It didn't help.

I didn't know that stores had different policies regarding delays. I will certainly ask from now on.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top