JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They

Do ya see a problem with this part?

The men refused to put down their weapons or comply with authorities' orders, claiming to be from a group "that does not recognize our laws" before taking off into a wooded area, police said.
No. I also don't see a problem with guys not complying with unconstitutional gun laws.

There is so much we do not know regarding this incident.

If this incident would have taken place in Texas, Montana or any number of others states, would the outcome have been different?
The 11 men were smart enough not to shoot.
Did they know they had violated Massachusetts state law by driving into this anti second amendment state?
From all the news reports, I cannot find where the 11 threatened anyone.
I may not agree with their ideology, but they have the same rights to freedom of speech, freedom of thought and freedom of beliefs as anyone on NWF.
The initial contacting LEO followed Massachusetts protocol which action protects him and his job.
Again, when the Police first made contact they made the choice to turn it into an armed standoff. I don't care what state you are in. You do this and the outcome will be the same.
Now what happens from here on? No one as far as I can tell yet knows. Were any of the guns they had not OK in that state? Have not seen anything saying they were not, at least not yet. No matter what state you are driving through if you pull over on the side of the road and are dressed like that, then refuse to work with the first Cop who sees you? No they are not going to laugh and tell you to keep going.
It is amazing to see gun owners act like they think these guys did nothing wrong here.
Now if the guns they had were not legal in that sate? This again goes to choosing to be ignorant does not make an excuse. The info is easy to find online and they sure know how to go online. They were live streaming while this was going on.
Worst of all is now they got the attention they craved because this was all about attention. They wanted attention and they got it. How many people who are not "anti gun" but do not own them are going to watch this and now support more laws? Since they do not want kooks like this running around with them?

Isaacc raises interesting questions, but IMO they are not difficult to answer.

LEO's are not empowered to pass judgment on the laws of the state in which they are employed, nor to selectively choose which of those laws they will enforce.

The conflict between a LEO oath to uphold the Constitution and his employment mandate to uphold every law of the state, is an interesting conflict, but it is not resolved by determining that any cop can pick and choose which state laws he thinks are unconstitutional and then choose to not enforce those laws. That is the path to anarchy and unchecked abuse of power.

Real world: cops who refuse to enforce laws get fired.
Cops are not Supreme Court Justices in possession of a claimed and undisputed power of judicial interpretation.

The peaceful answer to problems like this falls back to the solution already mentioned by others: if you are impacted by an unconstitutional law, you can file a lawsuit against the polity that enacted the law. You can then win the suit which will invalidate the law, or you can lose and appeal until you reach the supreme court, where the issue will be decided finally.

No citizen is empowered to selectively reject and disobey the laws of the govt by which we consent to be governed.
Instead, the people are empowered through representation in legislatures and suits in the judicial branch to either prevent unconstitutional law, or sue to strike it down (like Heller).

It's really that simple.

If you encounter a leo at 2AM on a hwy and inform him that you reject the laws of his state, the leo doesn't have any choice. His mandate is to enforce the laws of his state. If you escalate by running into the woods and causing a major hwy shutdown, the situation hasn't changed much for the leo. But it changed quite a bit for you.

Pick your battles.
Prepare in advance. Seek the slow peaceful route to constitutional governance.
SAF is the most effective pro-2A org in America. Their specialty is these kinds of lawsuits.

The non-peaceful solution for the "Moors" in this situation would have been to stand their ground and stand for their principles: dig a foxhole and start shooting the cops.
That option was certainly available to them, but they chose not to take it. They got surrounded by armored vehicles and surrendered.

I get what isaacc is saying, it ain't right.
But the options for dealing with "unfair/unjust/unconstitutional" laws are simple: start lobbying, start suing, or start shooting.
The 3rd option is by far the dumbest.
Meantime, don't make up fantasies about how the cops should have ignored state law let them go. That's not reality. It's not how law enforcement works in a society that is based on the rule of law.

You don't want law enforcement that is empowered to pick and choose what the law is.

2 cents.

Happy 5th!

I hope they still think it was worth the little show they put on. This was a show, they wanted attention. I suspect the authorities there are stacking charges too. Hey they wanted attention, they got it. Hope they still think it was worth it.

Troopers recovered three AR-15 rifles, two pistols, a bolt-action rifle, a shotgun and a short-barrel rifle.
Sounds like (part of) what you'd find in my truck when my wife and I are headed to the local gravel pit for an afternoon of paper punching therapy. :s0139: :s0062:

Heavily armed. :s0140: :s0140: :s0140:

8 firearms and 11 people. :s0002: And all are being charged with weapons violations?

Last Edited:

While I might not necessarily agree with their philosophy, I don't think they did anything wrong here.

Of everything they're being charged with:

"The suspects have all been charged with conspiracy to commit a crime; unlawful possession of guns and ammunition; use of body armor in a crime; possession of a high-capacity magazine; and improper storage of firearms in a vehicle."

MAYBE only improper storage applies.

While I might not necessarily agree with their philosophy, I don't think they did anything wrong here.

"The suspects have all been charged with conspiracy to commit a crime; unlawful possession of guns and ammunition; use of body armor in a crime; possession of a high-capacity magazine; and improper storage of firearms in a vehicle."

The 11 suspects say they stored the ammo separate from their guns

Too lazy to look up the laws there but, have to guess they have mag bans there. Some states do not allow the common folk to have use Body Armor. Some even have restrictions on the kind of ammo you can have. So again with media being what it is who the hell knows. 50% or better may be totally made up. Some stuff that seems like nothing to me is a felony in some anti gun states. So again these guys had net access. They could and should have checked before they decided they wanted attention. Suspect they are stacking charges on them too since they are pissed now that these clown turned this into such a big deal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top