JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Want to learn more (no pun intended)?

Aloha, Mark

In Hawaii.....we also had a Sovereign Hawaiian Citizen movement. They tried the same things.

My friend (a police officer with partial Hawaiian blood) didn't pay his Fed Taxes claiming status as a Sovereign Citizen. Sadly, I don't know if he eventually retired or went to prison.

Aloha, Mark

PS....OK, Ok, ok.....I had to look it up and found this.

I dont think its good what they were doing in Seattle.
But... what did they initially do wrong in Maine?

In your initial post Mark, it sounds like the leaders of the Sovereign citizens believe that any law that goes against the Constitution is null and void.

In addition to his cognitive limitations, is Joe also colorblind? He proclaimed that white supremacy was the nation's biggest problem. I guess the de-funded, racist police are unable to deal with the innumerable white supremacist uprisings around the nation. You know, all those riots which the press is failing to report???

In a similar manner, the goals of BLM are little more than a regurgitation of the "Republic of New Africa" that was conjured up by black radicals in the late 1960s. A demand for a southern black nation carved out of several southern states (wouldn't they be surrounded on three sides?).

Practically speaking, black separatists (as with the white counterparts) tend to be those who seek to avoid the service of arrest warrants on them.

isaacc,

I have no idea what their TRUE beliefs are (speaking about the Mass. incident and/or others of that group).

As for what was "initially wrong".......I don't know that either.
BUT, consider what would you do if you were the officers involved? A complaint or no complaint?
"You can imagine 11 armed individuals standing with long guns slung on an interstate highway at 2 in the morning certainly raises concerns and is not consistent with the firearms laws that we have in Massachusetts,"
And, the article ended with......
Police and prosecutors are working to determine what charges the members of the group will face.

As for my Hawaiian friend.......
I told him to pay his taxes. If anything, to protect his employment and retirement.
Later, if/when he was out of the Honolulu Police Department......he could play around with being a Sovereign Hawaiian Citizen (if he still wanted to).

BUT.....Oh Well. Now I know, which path he chose.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I don't know their beliefs either, all I'm saying is, having a firearm in and of itself according to the constitution is not illegal. It doesn't seem like they did anything wrong except look scary.

Last Edited:
I was watching this when it was first happening and the one clown was streaming stuff to YouTube. I was kind of surprised google did not shut it down.
The real losers here were all the poor people trying to get somewhere while these clowns had them keep the damn road closed for hours. Assuming they did not have anything that is illegal in that state I suspect this will just get swept under the rug. Chances are they will play hell getting their guns back though. If they want them back they will probably have hire a few lawyers for years of paper work.
I worked with a guy for a while back in the late 70's early 80's who went off the deep end on this "sovereign citizen" stuff. He ordered some stuff by mail and soon had himself convinced he really knew the "law" and could "win". What he won was some time in the club fed. When he finally realized they were not playing and he was not going to win anything he ran. Did managed to stay away for a few years till they caught him and sent him to prison. I had tried to tell him early on this was not going to end well. He became like some of these people who fall in with some cult. There was just no reaching him.

Guys traveling with firearms to get some range time and training in. I don't see a problem with what they were doing. Not much different than what a lot of guys on this forum do.
The difference is if a bunch of us stop on the side of the road and we are all carrying long guns and side arms? When Police pull up and ask us to put the guns away so we can talk? We (if we are smart) do what the Cops ask. Assuming they had no firearms that were not legal to have in that state and they had proper drivers license and such? Police would have probably just sent them on their way. They instead turned a stop into a standoff.

The difference is if a bunch of us stop on the side of the road and we are all carrying long guns and side arms? When Police pull up and ask us to put the guns away so we can talk? We (if we are smart) do what the Cops ask. Assuming they had no firearms that were not legal to have in that state and they had proper drivers license and such? Police would have probably just sent them on their way. They instead turned a stop into a standoff.
In fact this part of "we" doesn't get out of his car on the freeway with a rifle in his hand. We're not at the range yet dummies. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top