Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Annual Gun Turn-In

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by 2ANewbie, Apr 8, 2011.

1. 2ANewbie

2ANewbie S.E. Portland Member

I have not yet seen this information posted on these threads.
    The Oregonian had a information box in the Metro section today about this, but the only place that I found to link for your review is at Ceasefire Oregon:
    Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation
    Time to go find a possibly good deal?

2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

One guy years ago reported picking up a Army Peacemaker .45 (1873 type) in near perfect shape from an old lady who was handing it in for a food coupon. He paid her more than the coupon and scored big time

If there's any doubt pass on a gun from any thug types.. you don't want to be standing there with stolen merchandise

3. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

Anyone else plan on going to see if they can score a deal?

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hmmm I got a pistol that is about worth about nothing except as a throw down. I could trade it in and go to a Fred Meyer that sells ammo and do real nice on the trade LOL. have to think about this.

Has anyone seen one of these gift certificates? Any restrictions? I mean if nothing else the wife buys groceries and we use the grocery money to buy reloading components. And Creasefire of Oregon gets a working but totally worthless pistol of very questionable background.

5. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

MAybe someone can comment on the process?
    SO anyone can come up and buy a gun from a potential person - someone willing to sell?
    So that means a person from Washington could buy a handgun with no FFL? I am from Oregon
    Or do they have other controls in place?

6. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I'd bet you'd get a talking to from a LEO involved with there about offering to buy any of the guns people bring to turn in.

7. Blitzkrieg

I have a Scorpion 22 that I would trade in for the right price

8. Blitzkrieg

As far as I know it's perfectly legal to do FTF in OR.. so tell him politely thanks but it's perfectly legal

9. Blitzkrieg

It's no different than buying a gun from someone on this forum. You have to follow the law and that means no interstate FTF gun purchases and long guns go through an FFL

10. armedredneck

armedredneck Oregon Active Member

Just a thought....what if someone were to call the Portland Police and ask them how they are going to respond to private parties purchasing guns from would-be turner inners. Might be an interesting response. Might start a whole new thread. I would do it myself however I am presently not in a position to be able to call them. I'm at work and have been for a really long day and don't have the mental stamina at the moment.....rough day, don't ask.

But it would be interesting to see what happens if someone else is up for it right now.

11. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Oh , I agree with you, but they might have a different opinion. Probably take it that the potential buyer was interfering with their buy-back deal.

:eatpop:

12. doobee8

doobee8 Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I believe someone mentioned buying a Double Action Colt Revolver in 45LC last year for a very low price from someone looking to turn it in. It is sunny tomorrow and it was announced on KGW channel 8 as well. Might be some great deals! Will the Mayor be there again?

13. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

I've got atotal P.O.S. that I inherited and would not shoot or sell to a friend, sounds like I could sell it to Mayor SUCKER!!!

14. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

283015full.gif

15. Blitzkrieg

That one is on our refrigerator! Love the backwards mag.. lol

16. Pauly

Pauly N. Portland Active Member

I met a lot of great people & had a blast, the Police seemed to get a kick out of it.

I scored a plinker & a project.

GhettoGunshow003.jpg

A bunch of other guys got a bunch of pieces.

It was a lot of fun & the deals were great.
    I think we ticked off the mayor though.

This is going to be my new pass-time going to Ghetto-Gunshows. :bluelaugh:

GhettoGunshow0021024x768-1.jpg

17. Blitzkrieg

Hahaha good on you. What make is the revolver?

18. Puddin99

Puddin99 Scappoose, OR Member

I went today. Had fun. The 'mayor' even told us to stay on the sidewalk and not to stop people. Hahahah. Anyway, I came home with two pretty good long rifle 22's. My friend got two single shot 12 gauges, a couple of 22 rifles, a lever action 30-30, and two pistols - a 38 special revolver and a 22 revolver. We had a nice talk with one of the ladies at the buy-back. It's not that they were against guns, just trying to get the guns out of the wrong hands. I can agree with this. All in all, not a bad day.

19. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

I sold one today, It was a piece of S. RH with such a bad trigger pull that i would not sell it to a friend. I showed it to 2/3 of the buyers on the sidewalk they agreed they didn't want it for $50.00 either. As I also bought a 1912 Win. from an estate sale the gift card helped me console my wife!!

20. Pauly

Pauly N. Portland Active Member

JC Higgens Model 88.
    I would have stayed longer, but was kinda getting a headache & needed ibuprofen.
    My Mission was accomplished as it was.

I've wanted a .22 for a while for cheap plinking & I've wanted a coach gun too, so I feel I scored.

But being as I got the SxS thanks to the Anti-Gunners, I figure it would be best to buy a stamp, then SBS it down to, I'm thinking maybe 5 to 7 inches.
    Then finish the stock nicely & have "courtesy of Ceasefire Oregon" burned into the re-formed stock in script.
    I'm going to bring it to 18" tonight.
    The SxS is pre 1921 & the barrel has a beautiful pattern that will look great after a little TLC, so this will be a really beautifully finished trophy from the anti-gunners.

Thanks Sam Adams!

Which entrance were you at?

Were you around me, or at the other side, closer to the coliseum?

I left at about 11:45.
    Did willing sellers pick up after that?

And, I gotta call BS on them not being against guns.
    Have you looked at their site?

This is an excerpt from their website;