JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have not yet seen this information posted on these threads.
The Oregonian had a information box in the Metro section today about this, but the only place that I found to link for your review is at Ceasefire Oregon:
<broken link removed>
Time to go find a possibly good deal?

One guy years ago reported picking up a Army Peacemaker .45 (1873 type) in near perfect shape from an old lady who was handing it in for a food coupon. He paid her more than the coupon and scored big time

If there's any doubt pass on a gun from any thug types.. you don't want to be standing there with stolen merchandise

Hmmm I got a pistol that is about worth about nothing except as a throw down. I could trade it in and go to a Fred Meyer that sells ammo and do real nice on the trade LOL. have to think about this.

Has anyone seen one of these gift certificates? Any restrictions? I mean if nothing else the wife buys groceries and we use the grocery money to buy reloading components. And Creasefire of Oregon gets a working but totally worthless pistol of very questionable background.

MAybe someone can comment on the process?
SO anyone can come up and buy a gun from a potential person - someone willing to sell?
So that means a person from Washington could buy a handgun with no FFL? I am from Oregon
Or do they have other controls in place?

Hmmm I got a pistol that is about worth about nothing except as a throw down. I could trade it in and go to a Fred Meyer that sells ammo and do real nice on the trade LOL. have to think about this.

Has anyone seen one of these gift certificates? Any restrictions? I mean if nothing else the wife buys groceries and we use the grocery money to buy reloading components. And Creasefire of Oregon gets a working but totally worthless pistol of very questionable background.

I have a Scorpion 22 that I would trade in for the right price

MAybe someone can comment on the process?
SO anyone can come up and buy a gun from a potential person - someone willing to sell?
So that means a person from Washington could buy a handgun with no FFL? I am from Oregon
Or do they have other controls in place?

It's no different than buying a gun from someone on this forum. You have to follow the law and that means no interstate FTF gun purchases and long guns go through an FFL

Just a thought....what if someone were to call the Portland Police and ask them how they are going to respond to private parties purchasing guns from would-be turner inners. Might be an interesting response. Might start a whole new thread. I would do it myself however I am presently not in a position to be able to call them. I'm at work and have been for a really long day and don't have the mental stamina at the moment.....rough day, don't ask.

But it would be interesting to see what happens if someone else is up for it right now.

As far as I know it's perfectly legal to do FTF in OR.. so tell him politely thanks but it's perfectly legal
Oh , I agree with you, but they might have a different opinion. Probably take it that the potential buyer was interfering with their buy-back deal.

But it would be interesting to see what happens if someone else is up for it right now.
:s0093:

I believe someone mentioned buying a Double Action Colt Revolver in 45LC last year for a very low price from someone looking to turn it in. It is sunny tomorrow and it was announced on KGW channel 8 as well. Might be some great deals! Will the Mayor be there again?

283015full.gif

I met a lot of great people & had a blast, the Police seemed to get a kick out of it.

I scored a plinker & a project.

GhettoGunshow003.jpg

A bunch of other guys got a bunch of pieces.

It was a lot of fun & the deals were great.
I think we ticked off the mayor though.

This is going to be my new pass-time going to Ghetto-Gunshows. :s0112:

GhettoGunshow0021024x768-1.jpg

I went today. Had fun. The 'mayor' even told us to stay on the sidewalk and not to stop people. Hahahah. Anyway, I came home with two pretty good long rifle 22's. My friend got two single shot 12 gauges, a couple of 22 rifles, a lever action 30-30, and two pistols - a 38 special revolver and a 22 revolver. We had a nice talk with one of the ladies at the buy-back. It's not that they were against guns, just trying to get the guns out of the wrong hands. I can agree with this. All in all, not a bad day.

I sold one today, It was a piece of S. RH with such a bad trigger pull that i would not sell it to a friend. I showed it to 2/3 of the buyers on the sidewalk they agreed they didn't want it for $50.00 either. As I also bought a 1912 Win. from an estate sale the gift card helped me console my wife!!

Hahaha good on you. What make is the revolver?

JC Higgens Model 88.
I would have stayed longer, but was kinda getting a headache & needed ibuprofen.
My Mission was accomplished as it was.

I've wanted a .22 for a while for cheap plinking & I've wanted a coach gun too, so I feel I scored.

But being as I got the SxS thanks to the Anti-Gunners, I figure it would be best to buy a stamp, then SBS it down to, I'm thinking maybe 5 to 7 inches.
Then finish the stock nicely & have "courtesy of Ceasefire Oregon" burned into the re-formed stock in script.
I'm going to bring it to 18" tonight.
The SxS is pre 1921 & the barrel has a beautiful pattern that will look great after a little TLC, so this will be a really beautifully finished trophy from the anti-gunners.

Thanks Sam Adams!

I went today. Had fun. The 'mayor' even told us to stay on the sidewalk and not to stop people. Hahahah. Anyway, I came home with two pretty good long rifle 22's. My friend got two single shot 12 gauges, a couple of 22 rifles, a lever action 30-30, and two pistols - a 38 special revolver and a 22 revolver. We had a nice talk with one of the ladies at the buy-back. It's not that they were against guns, just trying to get the guns out of the wrong hands. I can agree with this. All in all, not a bad day.

Which entrance were you at?

Were you around me, or at the other side, closer to the coliseum?

I left at about 11:45.
Did willing sellers pick up after that?

And, I gotta call BS on them not being against guns.
Have you looked at their site?

This is an excerpt from their website;

http://www.ceasefireoregon.org/

Ceasefire Oregon would support a bill to ban assault weapons, and we urge you to also ask Congress to ban assault weapons.

New poll shows Americans want stronger gun laws. A new poll, taken Jan. 11&#8211;13, shows overwhelming support for several proposed laws to keep guns away from people who cannot lawfully own them. The poll shows that 86% of Americans, including 81% of gun owners, support requiring background checks for all gun sales. 94% of Americans favor requiring the reporting of lost and stolen weapons, a requirement that just took effect in Portland. 58 percent of Americans support the banning of high-capacity ammunition magazines, while only 36% oppose such a ban. For more information, see the Mayors Against Illegal Guns website or this article by one of the pollsters.

Ceasefire Oregon works to reduce gun violence by advocating reasonable, effective gun laws. We educate the public and legislators about gun violence, lobby on behalf of bills that will help make our communities safer, and work to prevent the passage of irresponsible bills proposed by the gun lobby.

About 30,000 people are killed by firearms in this country every year. More than twice as many are injured. This is a public health crisis of staggering proportions. Guns are too easily available to felons, fugitives, kids, and people with serious mental heath problems. To reduce gun violence, we must make it more difficult for people who cannot lawfully own guns to obtain them.

To find out more about our work and to help, please click the links above. Take action now to prevent future shootings.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top