JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But being as I got the SxS thanks to the Anti-Gunners, I figure it would be best to buy a stamp, then SBS it down to, I'm thinking maybe 5 to 7 inches.
Then finish the stock nicely & have "courtesy of Ceasefire Oregon" burned into the re-formed stock in script.
I'm going to bring it to 18" tonight.
The SxS is pre 1921 & the barrel has a beautiful pattern that will look great after a little TLC, so this will be a really beautifully finished trophy from the anti-gunners.

Thanks Sam Adams!
Nice touch.
And, I gotta call BS on them not being against guns.
Have you looked at their site?

This is an excerpt from their website;

Welcome to Ceasefire Oregon

Ceasefire Oregon would support a bill to ban assault weapons, and we urge you to also ask Congress to ban assault weapons.

New poll shows Americans want stronger gun laws. A new poll, taken Jan. 11–13, shows overwhelming support for several proposed laws to keep guns away from people who cannot lawfully own them. The poll shows that 86% of Americans, including 81% of gun owners, support requiring background checks for all gun sales. 94% of Americans favor requiring the reporting of lost and stolen weapons, a requirement that just took effect in Portland. 58 percent of Americans support the banning of high-capacity ammunition magazines, while only 36% oppose such a ban. For more information, see the Mayors Against Illegal Guns website or this article by one of the pollsters.

Ceasefire Oregon works to reduce gun violence by advocating reasonable, effective gun laws. We educate the public and legislators about gun violence, lobby on behalf of bills that will help make our communities safer, and work to prevent the passage of irresponsible bills proposed by the gun lobby.

About 30,000 people are killed by firearms in this country every year. More than twice as many are injured. This is a public health crisis of staggering proportions. Guns are too easily available to felons, fugitives, kids, and people with serious mental heath problems. To reduce gun violence, we must make it more difficult for people who cannot lawfully own guns to obtain them.

To find out more about our work and to help, please click the links above. Take action now to prevent future shootings.

Ceasefire are a bunch of grabbers. They can say whatever they want but look at what they do. They also use MAIG as a source of factual information which should give serious clues to their agenda. They are pretty similar to the Brady group but want to appear less threatening. I believe their goals are no less extreme or palatable. Their proposed restrictions might keep a few criminals who aren't real determined from acquiring guns but would't impact an adequately motivated criminal. These laws would have a huge impact on law abiding gun owners.We have reasonable gun laws that if properly enforced should prove effective in reducing gun violence. Didn't that statement refute one of their mission statement items?

Using their logic criminals always buy their guns. Otherwise, how would they get them?:s0112: Isn't it pretty tough for a criminal to buy a gun in Chicago? I'd think it's much tougher than killing or robbing someone with a gun they acquired without purchasing.

I'm also betting their statistics include people killed or injured by LEOs shooting them. I haven't checked their sources but it would make their number bigger. Maybe they could have a gun turn in at the Portland Police headquarters? Maybe the SERT team would turn in some guns.:s0112:

I showed up with a friend of mine (I was the dude in the uber-stylish argyle sweater-vest)... didn't get anything myself, but then again I didn't see anything I wanted too badly, other than an Arisaka... but the owner wouldn't budge on it. My impression is, some of the people turning in guns must have been a bit put off by a few (but vocal) of the redneck types that were present. Of course there were plenty of cool people too, such as the dude in beige suit pictured above (Pauly) and the younger dude who debated Sam Adams' assistant.

Maybe they could have a gun turn in at the Portland Police headquarters? Maybe the SERT team would turn in some guns.:s0112:

I don't think it would have a very high turnout.
Police, in my experience are rather pro-gun.

That was the best part. I've never heard & seen so many police officers laughing as when researching Friday & buying Saturday.

I called the Sheriff's office & the Portland Police & was shuffled around at each because nobody had a definitive answer.
Every time I told every new person what I intended on doing to see if they thought I might have a problem the person would laugh or at least chuckle.

Some of the officers were even laughing as we pitched the gun sellers.
I had to get old-school & pitch like an old fashioned street vendor, because the mayor asked us to stay out of the parking lot that it was being held in. Granted we don't think he had the legal justification for doing so, but didn't know for sure & wanted to buy guns, not argue, so we obliged.

I came up with some great pitches.
I'd bellow "TOP DOLLAR FOR PISTOLS! COME ON OVER! INSTANT SERVICE! WHY STAND IN LINE, WE'LL PAY YOU MORE!"

The fellow gun buyers were smiling or laughing, as were the people who were still going to turn in guns & the police.
The only ones not smiling were the mayor (who's a joke in the eyes of PPB) & the anti-gunners.

It was great to expect opposition & hostility when I thought about it but instead experience a light hearted mood from all those but the anti-gunners, who are an uptight bunch to begin with.

I showed up with a friend of mine (I was the dude in the uber-stylish argyle sweater-vest)... didn't get anything myself, but then again I didn't see anything I wanted too badly, other than an Arisaka... but the owner wouldn't budge on it. My impression is, some of the people turning in guns must have been a bit put off by a few (but vocal) of the redneck types that were present. Of course there were plenty of cool people too, such as the dude in beige suit pictured above (Pauly) and the younger dude who debated Sam Adams' assistant.

You should have stuck around & at least got something to keep as a trophy.
I mean, what I got isn't really all that special, but they're that much cooler & have sentimental value because of how I got them & that I got discounts thanks to an Anti-gun group.

I don't think it would have a very high turnout.
Police, in my experience are rather pro-gun.

That was the best part. I've never heard & seen so many police officers laughing as when researching Friday & buying Saturday.

I called the Sheriff's office & the Portland Police & was shuffled around at each because nobody had a definitive answer.
Every time I told every new person what I intended on doing to see if they thought I might have a problem the person would laugh or at least chuckle.

Some of the officers were even laughing as we pitched the gun sellers.
I had to get old-school & pitch like an old fashioned street vendor, because the mayor asked us to stay out of the parking lot that it was being held in. Granted we don't think he had the legal justification for doing so, but didn't know for sure & wanted to buy guns, not argue, so we obliged.

I came up with some great pitches.
I'd bellow "TOP DOLLAR FOR PISTOLS! COME ON OVER! INSTANT SERVICE! WHY STAND IN LINE, WE'LL PAY YOU MORE!"

The fellow gun buyers were smiling or laughing, as were the people who were still going to turn in guns & the police.
The only ones not smiling were the mayor (who's a joke in the eyes of PPB) & the anti-gunners.

It was great to expect opposition & hostility when I thought about it but instead experience a light hearted mood from all those but the anti-gunners, who are an uptight bunch to begin with.

My comment was tongue in cheek about getting the cops to disarm to reduce gun violence. I'm glad it worked out well for you and I'm happy to see that someone applied some free market principles to these turn ins. You also provided valuable entertainment to those the majority of people in the area. Well done.

You should have stuck around & at least got something to keep as a trophy.
I mean, what I got isn't really all that special, but they're that much cooler & have sentimental value because of how I got them & that I got discounts thanks to an Anti-gun group.

I would have stuck around but I had to get to work. Should have called in sick... was pretty sickened by seeing the Arisaka disappear!

Pauly said: It was great to expect opposition & hostility when I thought about it but instead experience a light hearted mood from all those but the anti-gunners, who are an uptight bunch to begin with.

No persons are bigger sourpusses than the hard left.. they talk about tolerance and about "diversity" until they really meet it in the person of a gunner :s0112:

My business partner and I went to this event and filmed it. We were the ones holding the cash or guns for guns sign. No takers on trading a nail gun for a gun but cash talked! I had an interview with Lars today to cover what went on. It was good to see 20 or so people there to snatch up guns from the people who understand free trade!

"They showed the stereotypical mustached men in jeans & work boots that the media has successfully labeled as evil gunowners instead."
I think that we were on TV because we had a professional sign made.

I picked up a 12 gauge JC Higgins Sears model that will be used for home defence.

I am not sure how the quick run to outbid one another helped any of us. Also make sure to check the guns PRIOR to bidding up a gun.

Let's set up one of these in other liberal communities around Oregon and washington

If we "set them up" then they would be subject to gunshow rules with background checks for parking lot sales. It's better to watch the news & just go like we did.

But as long as the gun's all there, I'm not too worried about potential issues. I work on guns & can fabricate parts if need be.

As far as media twisting stories with imagery, it wasn't the printed sign. If it was, then we were "protesting" too.;)
In order to attempt to portray impartiality while spinning stories in politics, news organisations say one thing then select their images carefully to "show" another.

You guys were dressed like hunters. It's a given that people dressed in that fashion are pro-gun, so no loss to the liberal cause to show people dressed like hunters.

However, they darn sure aren't going to show all the people there who looked like Sam Adam's constituents.
Politics is a dirty game brother. My money's on the fact that the interview you gave will be edited to show the pro-gun crowd in a stereotypical light simply to keep the issue polarized.
A Portland news organization won't EVER say that there are healthcare workers or college professors in favor of gun rights either.

I'm not sure if you live in Multnomah county, but this is the county that swings every election. Otherwise Chris Dudley would have won by a landslide.

Here's a quick take on Portland Politics with regards to gun issues......

Sam Adams lives in North Portland.
If he ever gets on I-5 southbound he has to get on at the entrance from Lombard.

Last summer, a huge 18th St. Gang tag appears on the freeway entrance sign that our mayor has to drive right under to enter the freeway. Some little gang banger monkied his butt up there & taged the heck out of it.
When they do that, they're claiming territory.
18'th street was making a move.
ANY police officer can tell you what was going on with that one.

All of a sudden we have an outbreak of gang shootings. That tag was allowed to remain covering that sign for over 3 weeks.
The gang war raged & we were having record #'s of shootings, then Sam Adams used it as an excuse to introduce his recent new waive of anti-gun laws.
He HAD to have seen that tag & being in charge of the whole city, could have had it removed the first day it went up.
But it was let to remain there & fuel the gang war just long enough to get the city scared enough to call for a clamp down on their rights as Sam Adams was deverting police to the SW club area with his "Q-Patrols" because some drunk guy called another drunk guy a derogatory term for homosexual.
Did portland's politicians tag the sign? No. But they took full advantage of it & the shootings that followed to advance their agenda.

I hate to break it to you, but Portland's liberal politicians are a bunch of sociopaths who have smiling as they kill down to a science & nothing is below them if it leads to the advancement of their agenda. If letting people get shot up for 3 weeks when a $6.00 can of graffiti remover could have eased the tension, subtly spinning who turned up to "protest" :rolleyes: a gun turn in is nothing.

As for bidding, sorry.
Money talks, B.S. walks.

We would not have to set up as a gun show because we don't have that type of business. As long as there is less than 25 guns is my understanding. We would not get the press that Ceasefire did but maybe if we then actioned off the guns to benifit The Wounded warriors or other non profit organization we could do some good with the guns.

I am looking forward to the next buy back or turn in or whatever they call it next time. They get the bill for advertising and rental of the parking lot and we can get some goodies.:s0155:

When we go hunting we are dressed in camo, not jeans and t shirts. You are making some assumptions based in your own beliefs not facts.

Still was not impressed with you and David bidding up a shotgun that didn't work and then have to back off what you had just bid up. That was the BS, not the cash...

When we go hunting we are dressed in camo, not jeans and t shirts. You are making some assumptions based in your own beliefs not facts.

Still was not impressed with you and XXXX bidding up a shotgun that didn't work and then have to back off what you had just bid up. That was the BS, not the cash...

The shotgun's issues are a very easy fix.
The seller & the other person both got a great deal. I was out of the bidding & the other guy did what he did on his own. No need to post the man's name unless he gave you permission to.
I've free'd many slides on pumps & it's a walk in the park.
Maybe it would be an idea to take turns with willing sellers, but that was not spoken about.
Personally, I know what whatever is worth to me.
So did the others.

Also, I was trying to be nice in my description.

Portland liberals like to portray all firearms enthusiasts as country bumkins over 40 years old & will focus on whoever aesthetically fits that bill regardless of who attends. They want to show pro-gun people as "those-people" to manipulate their constituents.

Same reason that MSNBC hid the race of the black man who open carried an AR to the Obama appearance in AZ & said right wing white people were carrying.
Simple politics.
If you don't like that, think about what you put on before going to anything even remotely political.

Same as the "crash the tea party" campaign It's just stereotype advancment

It's regrettable that you seem offended.
But don't you think there's a reason the anti-gunner was all over you guys like white on rice & all I had to do was thank him for his gun sale & he never spoke to, or interfered with me again?
Maybe it was just that he was scared of my little dog.

ETA
Isn't the diversity of the firearms community great? Now you got the gun-buy fashion police.

But that's not my intention.
My intention was to convey an observation of local politics & their relationship with news networks.
It happens quite often & if you watch enough local news, you'll see it.

can't believe I didn't hear about this buyback, they JUST had one a few months back, didn't they? Where did Ceasefire get the funding? They've been broke for the last two years...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top