JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In a store the other day and a guy was open carrying.

It was some sort of semi auto (couldn't tell the make) in a modern style holster however it had BRIGHT purple grips on it!

Ok, regardless of the opinions on OC in general I am thinking if you are going to do so keep it as 'subdued' as possible.

While carrying a pistol with a purple grip , openly or not , ain't anything that I would...
Who am I , to tell others what grips they should have on their pistol , or how they should carry it...?

I do agree with the notion of being "subdued" when carrying ( openly or concealed ).
Its best to go about being unnoticed when doing such things.

However....
I have also found that if it ain't none of my business , its often best to not worry 'bout it.
Andy

Last Edited:
This guy???

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 8.20.07 AM.png

In a store the other day and a guy was open carrying.

It was some sort of semi auto (couldn't tell the make) in a modern style holster however it had BRIGHT purple grips on it!

Ok, regardless of the opinions on OC in general I am thinking if you are going to do so keep it as 'subdued' as possible.

So your not comfortable with how much freedom he was experiencing?

I understand the viewpoint of "less tactically advantageous to draw attention to yourself," but if the person feels confident enough to open carry, and wants to have purple grips while doing so, my thoughts are "freedom on fellow American."

If I see anyone crazy enough or bold enough to open carry in a store or public place where there are people around, I am doing two things.

1. Leaving the area immediately.
2. Calling the police.

I don't see any need to open carry unless you're out away, whether it's a law or not, and I suspect the police would want to have a conversation with that person to determine level of threat.

It may be a right, but that doesn't mean I have to be comfortable with it.

EDIT: please scroll down and take a peak at my follow up comments before you make a hasty / heated reply. This community should be able to handle some reasonable discussion, which in this case includes some rethinking based on feedback provided.

I've put this thread on the ignore list as well, so if you need me to hear something important than feel free to shoot me a PM.

Last Edited:
If I see anyone crazy enough or bold enough to open carry in a store or public place where there are people around, I am doing two things.

2. Calling the police.

I don't see any need to open carry unless you're out away, whether it's a law or not, and I suspect the police would want to have a conversation with that person to determine level of threat.

Maybe never leave your house? Thanks for being part of the problem. Someone could've died from a heart attack while you waste responders time with such a frivolous non emergency call

2. Calling the police.

Dude, it's April 10th not the 1st, stop trolling.

Maybe never leave your house? Thanks for being part of the problem. Someone could've died from a heart attack while you waste responders time with such a frivolous non emergency call

i hear ya. Hadn't thought about that part.
I'm probably just being paranoid.

it's not against the law either.
Ok... movin on...

2. Calling the police.

main-qimg-fc2a4625d71783a9e7475fce1623ac43-c-450x270.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top