JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here Ye, Here Ye! The Forum Member Rickysays raised a question, stated his opinion, was shown another POV by most of us, and recanted his position.

I am seriously concerned that this thread has gone all day and we are still kicking him. Not a good look.

Ya pays yer nickle, ya takes yer chances. Can always ask the mods to delete a post.

Please remember as you chastise other members that many people are just catching up on this thread and see something they think is outrageous and comment on it before reading the rest of the posts. It happens. Maybe chastise that???

Ya pays yer nickle, ya takes yer chances. Can always ask the mods to delete a post.

Please remember as you chastise other members that many people are just catching up on this thread and see something they think is outrageous and comment on it before reading the rest of the posts. It happens. Maybe chastise that???
In context, I kind of did. In the light of day, it seems a little bold. But note, it was not the first or second time that had been pointed out.
Ok, back to the yard work...............

Bright purple...How gauche:s0112:

I wish I knew how to post full sized images.

1618166921588.png

My daughter is too. I built her an AR with a purple rcvr and all purple furniture. If I could find some purple ammo for xmas that would be great!!!
not sure about color options but they do a color dipped bullet (like a polymer) at CCI for some calibers... pink for breast cancer comes to mind red and green for christmas ... not sure what's up now that there is a shortage tho...

The whole point of carrying a weapon is to give me the advantage over an aggressor. By choosing to open carry, I run the risk of attracting armed attack while diminishing any advantage of surprise offered by concealed carry. I also increase my chances of confrontation with law enforcement, 'Karens,' and other lollygaggers.

How does any of this help me get home alive?

The whole point of carrying a weapon is to give me the advantage over an aggressor. By choosing to open carry, I run the risk of attracting armed attack while diminishing any advantage of surprise offered by concealed carry. I also increase my chances of confrontation with law enforcement, 'Karens,' and other lollygaggers.

How does any of this help me get home alive?
With all due respect, those are all great points but they are just theory. Every once in a while something will happen, but there are not many open carriers getting shot or losing control of their weapon as far as I can tell. Now take that with a grain of salt, because I've never seen a study done on it, and I have no statistics for you, but I very rarely see a story in the news like that. To be fair, I'd attribute a lot of it to the fact that open carry seems to be more popular in rural areas, which seem to have less crime in the first place. So how much risk do you run? I don't know but it doesn't seem to be much.

The upside is it's been shown (anecdotally, I'll admit) to be a deterrent. Also it's often more comfortable, you can carry a bigger gun, your draw will be quicker and you won't sweat on your gun as much. :) And sometimes I get compliments if I carry a pretty looking gun.

With all due respect, those are all great points but they are just theory. Every once in a while something will happen, but there are not many open carriers getting shot or losing control of their weapon as far as I can tell. Now take that with a grain of salt, because I've never seen a study done on it, and I have no statistics for you, but I very rarely see a story in the news like that. To be fair, I'd attribute a lot of it to the fact that open carry seems to be more popular in rural areas, which seem to have less crime in the first place. So how much risk do you run? I don't know but it doesn't seem to be much.

The upside is it's been shown (anecdotally, I'll admit) to be a deterrent. Also it's often more comfortable, you can carry a bigger gun, your draw will be quicker and you won't sweat on your gun as much. :) And sometimes I get compliments if I carry a pretty looking gun.
I hear you, and I think we can agree that everything is determined by your operational environment. I would love to get out to the country and stay there ... maybe next year.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top