JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I stopped by Bi-Mart in Springfield and bought a 50 round box of .38special (Ammo Inc.) 158gr FMJ to break in my new Henry model X. I put on my Obsidian 9 can and headed to the range. The first round fired was near silent, and felt very strange. Lo and behold the bullet was still inside the can and rattling around. I thought I had a baffle strike at first until I disassembled the can and found zero damage. I put it back together and it happened again, but this time it sent the round lobbing to the ground about 10ft in front of me. The next few shots were fine, but then I experienced two more rounds lobbing to the ground a few feet from the muzzle. This ammo is hot garbage and I will never purchase it again. out of about 20 rounds fired so far, 6 were defective. The rest are going in the garbage. Buyer beware.

Odd! As an economy shooter, I do have some of their ammo.
Have not done high volume but have been stacking it up.. next range trip I'll go out with various calibers of their stuff and see what results I get.

Sorry you had that experience. I don't shoot Tula pistol ammo anymore because of the same problem. Rifle stuff is fine, but pistol stuff I just don't fully trust anymore.

I can't say I've had that issue with my ammo inc. ammo, everything has fired like it was suppose to and hit the target.
I have had that issue with tula ammo either not firing right or the primers not going off. I've had at least a 1/3 of the tula ammo that I've used FTF.
Sorry you've had trouble with it, email them and they should make it right.

I can't say I've had that issue with my ammo inc. ammo, everything has fired like it was suppose to and hit the target.
I have had that issue with tula ammo either not firing right or the primers not going off. I've had at least a 1/3 of the tula ammo that I've used FTF.
Sorry you've had trouble with it, email them and they should make it right.
I've found that using very heavy hammer springs help ignite Tula primers.

Weak sauce there if they are just making it out of the barrel of your carbine. If they were missing a powder charge they would squib in the first few inches of the barrel. These are obviously very light loadings. Probably 600 f/s or less in a revolver. What a rip off. Burn em in a wheel gun rather than toss them. If they exited your carbine they'll fire in any length revolver.

I just bought a box of Ammo Inc .38 from Bimart to shoot in my new Henry x. Took it out, fired a few rounds, felt weird, light recoil, low volume. Now I appear to have a squib in the barrel. I've heard to squibs but never had one. Anybody have a good solution for this?
Thanks

Ammo Inc is on my blacklist after a few bad experiences with 9mm and .45 causing failures and brass stuck in the gun. Seems I'm not the only person with issues from them. Methinks the manufacturer is scared poo-less of Kabooms so load their ammo on the bottom end of load data.

Not good. I've been picking up 9,38,357 as I come across it lately. About 900 rnds combined. I'll sit on them until last and watch for recall lot numbers. I'll definitely hit them up with the very first issue I come across. I could just pull them and re roll them if nothing else. My plan going forward will be checking lot numbers on any brand factory rounds in the rotation prior to packing for the range.

I just bought a box of Ammo Inc .38 from Bimart to shoot in my new Henry x. Took it out, fired a few rounds, felt weird, light recoil, low volume. Now I appear to have a squib in the barrel. I've heard to squibs but never had one. Anybody have a good solution for this?
Thanks

Interesting, I bought a box of those at BiMart a while back, but haven't run them, they disappeared somewhere in my stash. If I find them, maybe I'm better off pulling them for components.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top