JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am wondering if anyone else has put some Ammo Inc. 45 Colt products across a chronograph. Today I sent 5 rounds across mine. These were 250 gr TMC, using a Blackhawk with a 5.5" bbl. I realize it's a small sample size. Here's my results:

630 fps
600 fps
622 fps
659 fps
555 fps

This ammo is advertised as:

Ammo Inc 45 Colt.JPG

Very slow results according to my chrono. I know chronographs vary, weather conditions vary, bbl lengths, etc. I have read unfavorable reviews on some of Ammo Inc. 9mm products. Just wondering if anyone has played with their 45 cal stuff.

Any info appreciated.

I can't respond on 45 Colt, but I do know that their 10mm beat the poop outa my frame even with a 24 pound spring. I have read a lot of stories about their consistency both up and down.

IMG_20240117_205045858~2.jpg

That's a very poor velocity... just above squib margin; I wouldn't shoot the rest of it. Makes ya wonder it their test weapon was an 1873 rifle.
With that velocity out of a 5.5" revolver barrel with a FMJ projectile, I wouldn't want to try one's luck in a rifle length barrel. That is, unless the revolver is losing significant velocity due to excessive gap between the cylinder and forcing cone.

I load my 45 Colt plinking rounds to 850 fps or so in a pistol/1100fps or so in a rifle with a plated or coated lead bullet.

Stuck a light load FMJ in a 357 rifle barrel one time playing around with light loads. Once was enough.

Well thankfully your gun wasn't an ancient Colt and they went 1000fps as is common especially with off-brand manufacturers.
I wouldn't be surprised however were you to find Remington or Winchester factory loads anemic also, as their .44 special loads are indeed pathetic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top