JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have not read this thread, but given that other people have been caught/etc. with ammo in their bags from hunting trips/etc., I think it would be a good idea to never put ammo in travel bags - only in firearm specific bags. I have a range bag for that purpose.
LOL. Yup and I can remember that time, when the TSA swabbed my "Remington - Range Bag" which I used as a carry on.

Hilarity....ensued.

Aloha, Mark

Aside from the obvious -- 'One ought to recognize that the laws abroad (and penalties for breaking them) may differ from those at home'...

What gets me here with these stories is that most of these people were caught as they were leaving the country of Turks and Caicos, not arriving.
That means that the TSA missed the ammo as they were being screened in the U.S.
WTF are we paying these TSA agents for?
It obviously reinforces the age-old adage that absolute security is merely perceived, and is often only an illusion.

I have a fair amount of government iron in my body and I have often walked through metal detectors without setting them off. :rolleyes:

The metal zippers on Cargo Pants pockets drives them crazy though. :s0023:

The metal zippers on Cargo Pants pockets drives them crazy though. :s0023:

Female TSA agent : Wait, I'll need to scan your crotch.

1716404060619.png

Aloha, Mark

I get the feeling that Turks and Caicos are planting ammo in US citizens bags as a shakedown for cash.
Do all those being charged even own a gun? In that caliber? :s0092:
^^Good question.

The whole thing is just ridiculous! IF, there is a live "CARTRIDGE" in your luggage? How the hell do you not know that? And WTF is dangerous about that? A gun yes! A live cartridge, no. what about and empty? 6 years in prison?
And a 12 year sentence for a "CARTRIDGE" or two?

^^Good question.

The whole thing is just ridiculous! IF, there is a live "CARTRIDGE" in your luggage? How the hell do you not know that? And WTF is dangerous about that? A gun yes! A live cartridge, no. what about and empty? 6 years in prison?
And a 12 year sentence for a "CARTRIDGE" or two?
Some folks, when packing, just add items to the bag, and don't check for unwanted items to remove. Either they assume the bag is empty, or it doesn't occur to them. I will admit that I've found unexpected items in bags before, but never ammunition. I borrowed scissors once from a relative, and apparently must have packed them in my bag with the rest of my kit when I prepared to leave. Made it through the x-ray without issue.

Some folks, when packing, just add items to the bag, and don't check for unwanted items to remove. Either they assume the bag is empty, or it doesn't occur to them. I will admit that I've found unexpected items in bags before, but never ammunition. I borrowed scissors once from a relative, and apparently must have packed them in my bag with the rest of my kit when I prepared to leave. Made it through the x-ray without issue.
How come scissors wouldn't likely get you thrown in jail for 12 years I wonder? IDK? Are we talking toe-nail scissors? Or pinking shears, etc? Or those little blunt ended baby nail scissors. SCISSORS is a cool word, Y'know?

2 weeks after 9/11 I flew domestically. Got stopped on my 3rd flight because of trauma shears in my carry on. Makes you wonder why they other 2 airports didn't catch it.

Every single time I fly my bags, checked bags, get opened and inspected.
Are you carrying something that would trip as maybe gun? If not must be something about your name triggers them to look at your stuff. Last time I flew I had an M-Series Taser in my checked bag and they did open it both ways. When I got to where I was going there was a cute little card in there saying "love your TSA". When I got home there was no card but I could tell they had gone through the bag again. A SHOCKING number of guns and ammo get past the screeners at the carry on check.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top