JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My only comment on this was, shouldn't the Amber Alert be done in a localized manner?

Dial 911 on the Road, you will get the Nearest Dispatch.

Amber Alerts for North Bend... a wee bit out of my Territory!, In Fact, If you cut the Distance, of me, to North Bend, In Half, Then in HALF again, I would still think I should not get one, by the logic of making a 911 call!

But then, thats the GuberMent for you, At Work.... But, what would I know, anyways, I only designed my Companies Phone System in VietNam, and I was an OJT in telephones then, Outside my MOS of repairing Airplane Radios.... (Oh, when the Division Commander saw the work I had done, And I Heard the Comments {Nobody looks UP when they are walking, except LRRPS & Seals :p } the General made, I took the chance to use Open Door Policy, and get a Promotion, WHICH I was due for, but was Outside my MOS!!!! (Yes, I was On a telephone repair, when he and the CO walked by... I was hooking up the last of that Brand New Phone System!!!!)

the day was sorta special, our company received combat air medals of some sort: not me, I was only part of a detachment.... :confused::eek:

philip,
AKA:
"Trouble Shooter One Five", telephones 24/7... then Night Shift Avionics, 187th Assault Helicopter Company, TayNinh, RVN 69-70

Much simpler days for sure. :)

if isis are said type crap is in my neck of the woods, or my kid, or any other has been kidnapped by a butt raper, i will gladly welcome the alert. and if your against it, or bubbleguming cause its on your phone, come back to reality....

My only comment on this was, shouldn't the Amber Alert be done in a localized manner?

Dial 911 on the Road, you will get the Nearest Dispatch.

Amber Alerts for North Bend... a wee bit out of my Territory!, In Fact, If you cut the Distance, of me, to North Bend, In Half, Then in HALF again, I would still think I should not get one, by the logic of making a 911 call!

But then, thats the GuberMent for you, At Work.... But, what would I know, anyways, I only designed my Companies Phone System in VietNam, and I was an OJT in telephones then, Outside my MOS of repairing Airplane Radios.... (Oh, when the Division Commander saw the work I had done, And I Heard the Comments {Nobody looks UP when they are walking, except LRRPS & Seals :p } the General made, I took the chance to use Open Door Policy, and get a Promotion, WHICH I was due for, but was Outside my MOS!!!! (Yes, I was On a telephone repair, when he and the CO walked by... I was hooking up the last of that Brand New Phone System!!!!)

the day was sorta special, our company received combat air medals of some sort: not me, I was only part of a detachment.... :confused::eek:

philip,
AKA:
"Trouble Shooter One Five", telephones 24/7... then Night Shift Avionics, 187th Assault Helicopter Company, TayNinh, RVN 69-70

The Mom was located in Tillamook county, it's why Amber's go state wide. All Amber Alerts are handled by the State police, so if you call the Amber information line you'll get their dispatch, or the volunteers answering that line. Also, all Amber information goes to every dispatch center in the state, so if you were to call 911, they would know whats going on and either take the info and send units or give you over to the State Police.

The Mom was located in Tillamook county, it's why Amber's go state wide. All Amber Alerts are handled by the State police, so if you call the Amber information line you'll get their dispatch, or the volunteers answering that line. Also, all Amber information goes to every dispatch center in the state, so if you were to call 911, they would know whats going on and either take the info and send units or give you over to the State Police.

DieselScout, That makes does make sense,mas you described it, I was speaking from what came to my phone, and had zero further information.

That was my First Amber Alert on my phone o_O

Thanks for clarification....

philip :confused:

I was speaking from what came to my phone, and had zero further information.

That was my First Amber Alert on my phone o_O

Thanks for clarification....

philip :confused:

Now that can and should be worked on. When I got mine I was in a position where I could go check the news and was able to get all the details quickly. But if your on the road you can't do that.

If they alert is that these happen they should also alert us when it's over.

That's responsible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads