JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to admit I've been wanting one of these lately. They are bluetooth capable and pair with your smartphone. You can make calls, listen to music, read texts aloud, etc. I'll be the coolest kid on my block.
download (1).jpeg

Yes, have had one for several years. I do millions of dollars worth of business through it. I also keep up on current events around the world, use it for GPS navigation daily (even when I'm here in Australia on vacation), emails, web surfing (like I'm doing right now) texts, phone calls, file storage, pretty decent camera, has thousands of music songs on it.....

You may be my long lost uncle...;)

Ironically you may be smarter than those of us that do have "smart phones." :rolleyes:

I've got one. I'm infinitely happier with it since I retired. While I was working it was just a way for the company to keep you tethered to the office and working 24/7. It's unlikely that I had a day off in my last seven years there because there was ALWAYS some problem that needed to be addressed and you were ALWAYS accessible.

Now that the job is done, I use it the way I want. I answer it when I want and don't when I don't. Technology can either be a gift or a curse. You have to work hard to actively manage it and not let it negatively impact your life.

Bluetooth is over rated. The concept is there, just not perfected.
Well it's kinda profected.
Now .
But you can spend 100 bucks or 27 bucks.
I bought these on Amazon for 27 dollars.
And they are just as good or better than the name brand 100 dollar ones

Yup, I've had my fair share of BT headsets over the years. Most all of them are fine under ideal conditions, broke down along the highway under the hood, anywhere outside, they're junk IMO. Least that was my experience. Wanna talk, get back in the vehicle, roll down the window, yelling and telling everyone to be quiet. LOL!! I'd imagine things have changed for the better in the last 5 years though. But I'm a pessimist :D

My 20+ sales career wouldn't have happened without a smart phone.
They won't hire you.
I used to have a cell and pager.
All my companies have paid for my phones and service all this time. I don't even know what that all costs.

Some of you have some real hate for cell phones.
I feel that way about the internet. Even though I use it! Lol!!!
Internet is weird.

I'm typing on one right now, but besides using the forum, looking random things up on the internet and a game... I really don't have any reason for owning a smart phone.
I do use it a lot while shopping to look at reviews on products or to see if there are any coupons.
I've also used it to identify animals or plants before.
I have a ton of pictures on it as well.

Besides ease of internet use, there are no real advantages.

I travel a lot for work, I use my phone to compensate for not having a computer. It also lets me look at a map, since the road atlas only shows major truck routes instead of the local roads where I often deliver to.

Plus if it wasn't for the smart phone, I wouldn't have a way to talk to dispatch, as having a phone to my ear is illegal but an earpiece isn't. And I would have lost a lot of opportunities on buying stuff for my AK.

Don't want or need one, but I seem to be in the minority.

They appear to be quite the thing for preventing situational awareness and human interaction among some their negatives.

What about you?

Got one?

Got rid of one?

Never had one?

Thanks!
nope , in fact I have never owned my own cell phone.......work provided cell phone is as close as I have ever got

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top