JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These things are labeled 'phones'.

They aren't.

They are: Instruments for the making of staring, unfeeling 'pod people'.

People swear 'fealty' to them, list their endless pluses, not appreciating their insidious inveigling into human consciousness to our downfall.

Smart phones and their ilk will one day kill us all...so by all means, tell me how great they are and how you can't live without them....which should tell you something...
Some say it won't be the four horsemen that do us in but the 5 G's.

I do the same as Flymph - If I don't recognize your number I don't answer.

Easy and yep, I still have a land line plus a coal fired flip phone that I infrequently turn on.

I'm not obligated to answer my phone and don't have a 'what did I just miss out on or who' bug as many seem to own.

If I don't recognize the caller, they can leave a message ... or not, I don't care either way.

I also have the truckers path app to point out where all the TAs/Petros, rest areas, and weigh stations are. Makes planning your route ahead of time easier, as our road atlas only includes weigh stations.

GPS gets you stuck somewhere.

Don't want or need one, but I seem to be in the minority.

They appear to be quite the thing for preventing situational awareness and human interaction among some their negatives.

What about you?

Got one?

Got rid of one?

Never had one?

Thanks!

I never had a smart or dumb telephone.

I still use a landline home telephone.

I don't own a smart or dumb telephone now and I do not plan on ever getting one.

I was given a 'spare' plain (None of this typing or text bs or whatever they CALL IT was on it!) cellular telephone to try out many years ago and I hated it. I had it for less than a month, tried it for maybe a week (?), and I returned it. That was here in Montana.

It did not work where I lived or traveled way up in the mountains. It did not work when I was looking at land right below BC, Canada (MT and ID) and it did not work in some parts of WY either. It did not work well in some parts of the 'city' when I 'came to town' due to the mountains.

My late husband and I only had a landline telephone even though cellular telephones were popular or getting to be more popular before he died.

My MT husband hates them - yeah - he hates the object and what it has done to 'society in general'.

He had to have one for work for a time frame - required for the job. It was NOT a smart phone and he only used it to receive and make telephone calls. TALK/LISTEN only! None of the typing - texting crapola.

He can't stand SOME of the idiots who own them while they talk/text/drive/walk with them and they don't pay attention to jack squat. Meanwhile they teach their children to be careless with these things.

We thought of getting a simple cellular telephone for traveling but it would NOT help us due to where we go. So that ended that discussion!

Some people ditch their lap tops or desk top computers. They go to the smart telephones. They would be horrible for me to use and type on with my arthritic hands. Plus I make my TYPE or letters larger on my laptop screen when I read online or when I type online. I finally got to look at one closely (Not just in a store or on some ad.) since I did NOT understand WHY so many people loved them. My neighbor man showed me his smartphone and how it worked.

Thanks but no thanks.

Now if some people love them and USE them in a sane manner... more power to them.

I think that some people are VERY addicted to their smart and dumb telephones too. Adults, all ages, teens and children.

If a person can SAVE MONEY, if that is their intent, and use them for an all purpose THING - one monthly fee - maybe it works for them in that situation too!

My home landline telephone is with a telephone company not with my ISP company. I would ditch this ISP company IF I could get something else that actually WORKED on this side of town in this house that I built. Not some promise!

Cate

Last Edited:
PS:

One of my close friends (Like a nephew to me.) who is not retired travels a lot for work. (Back east.) He has a smartphone but I don't know what brand it is or what company he uses for his connection. He and his wife have the same plan. In fact, he has another cellular telephone for his 'company' too. He LIKES his telephone.

His Dad (Middle 70's) who went to school with my late husband has an old fashioned cellular telephone. He got rid of his landline telephone several years ago. The Dad and his son live straight across from some farm fields and woods where I built my house with my late husband. His home state not mine.

BOTH of them have excellent reception and they do not have mountains and valleys to deal with.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads