JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have no desire to be connected to other people all the time. And I have a one-track mind, and hate interruptions. I carry a turned-off flip phone for emergencies. I use a land line otherwise. Really do enjoy phone conversations, but I prefer to give them my full attention. I need a land line anyway for interviews. I have two tablets for reading and surfing internet that have bigger better screens for those purposes than any phone screens. And I have a desktop computer for email, writing, editing photos, etc. As for social media--nope. Not my thing. Actually, I don't even participate in forums except for NWFA and one other. Really do watch or listen to a lot of YouTube videos, though.

Realtors use smartphones for everything. From unlocking keyboxes, sending emails, navigation, social media, and texting. Texting without a full keypad is so 90's. Lol

I had the first Sprint phone back when they only had service on the I-5 corridor. They only had 1 phone to choose from. It was the first digital phone service and people were amazed I was on a cell phone. Too bad it didn't work if you traveled anywhere. Lol

Still have a flip phone and really don't want anything else. Eventually the service I have will be fazing out support for them and will be forced to get whatever basic phone is next. Smart phones make most people stupid beyond belief. I'm old enough that I don't need to be in constant contact with everybody and really don't need the drama and stupidity associated with them. I remember when bag phones were all the rage and then came the brick and downhill went the country.....

Still have a flip phone and really don't want anything else. Eventually the service I have will be fazing out support for them and will be forced to get whatever basic phone is next. Smart phones make most people stupid beyond belief. I'm old enough that I don't need to be in constant contact with everybody and really don't need the drama and stupidity associated with them. I remember when bag phones were all the rage and then came the brick and downhill went the country.....
Smart phones don't make people stupid. They were already stupid. Lol. Ive had smart phones since the Palm Pilot days and haven't walked into a pole or fell off a cliff yet while texting or taking a selfie. Go ahead and get one. I'm sure you won't become stupid. :D

Smart phones don't make people stupid. They were already stupid. Lol. Ive had smart phones since the Palm Pilot days and haven't walked into a pole or fell off a cliff yet while texting or taking a selfie. Go ahead and get one. I'm sure you won't become stupid. :D
RE read what I said......MOST people.......

Likely true, they like money often expose who you really are.

Iphone guy. In the modern world it near entirely replaces a computer. I can print,contact, surf this forum, buy online, swipe my phone at a register, do my taxes take photos, research and save links, store all of my music, buy more music listen to music, use maps, gps, alarm clock, calendar schedule dates, check time, keep notes/write, edit, create, watch videos, apply for jobs, deal with license issues all right here. Bought a nifty leather case that holds my phone and "wallet stuff" that simplified what i need to grab before i go.

Only thing it doesnt do well is external storage drives and drawing. There are options but not strong ones.
Dont walk around looking at my phone but music is near constant. Not a very social person to say the least.

I use a pre-paid (flip) Trac Phone. There actually supposedly is texting and some smart phone stuff, but I don't use them.

Iphone guy. In the modern world it near entirely replaces a computer. I can print,contact, surf this forum, buy online, swipe my phone at a register, do my taxes take photos, research and save links, store all of my music, buy more music listen to music, use maps, gps, alarm clock, calendar schedule dates, check time, keep notes/write, edit, create, watch videos, apply for jobs, deal with license issues all right here. Bought a nifty leather case that holds my phone and "wallet stuff" that simplified what i need to grab before i go.

Only thing it doesnt do well is external storage drives and drawing. There are options but not strong ones.
Dont walk around looking at my phone but music is near constant. Not a very social person to say the least.
Actually, one thing your smart phone doesn't do very well is make phone calls. No cell phone does. If you are used to a "real" phone, that is, a land line, the gaps in transmission, static, and background noise of cell phones are hugely irritating and counterproductive. Its amazing that people have come to accept such lousy quality phone calls. And that's assuming the other party is giving me their full attention, as I am doing with them. Unless they are sitting quietly at home or in their office, they probably aren't. And don't bother trying to do a conference call if more than one or two people are on cell phones. Or be interviewed by anybody for radio, podcasts, etc. You just don't get good enough sound quality.

LOVE them!! I DO NOT operate one while driving though. If I had my way anyone caught driving along and texting would be charged exactly like a DUI. When Cells got cheap enough kids were still early teens. It was great to be able to reach them if needed. Waited on Smart for years. Once we did it quickly was something to love. Seldom use it but damn it's nice that its just there. Get lost or need to find something? I well remember the old fold up maps had to dig out, find the place and then try to find. Now phone even tells me best way to get there and where to avoid. Where we live now Wife's commute is at rush hour and there is multiple routes she can use. She turns on the app every morning to see which one is jammed up. Probably due to some moron texting and driving :mad:
She loves not ending up stuck in a jam. Still remember early in the Digital that were so small you could carry it in the shirt. Wife and I were in Seaside OR, walking down a beach. Father calls me, yakking about something then asked about stopping by. When I said "Dad i'm in Seaside OR on the beach, will not be home for a couple days." There was a little pause and a wow. To him it sounded like any other call. He wanted one when I got home :D
Like any tech some do get addicted to them. Never been a problem for me. Then I never got into video games either. Some get so hooked on those they forget to eat.

Actually, one thing your smart phone doesn't do very well is make phone calls. No cell phone does. If you are used to a "real" phone, that is, a land line, the gaps in transmission, static, and background noise of cell phones are hugely irritating and counterproductive. Its amazing that people have come to accept such lousy quality phone calls. And that's assuming the other party is giving me their full attention, as I am doing with them. Unless they are sitting quietly at home or in their office, they probably aren't. And don't bother trying to do a conference call if more than one or two people are on cell phones. Or be interviewed by anybody for radio, podcasts, etc. You just don't get good enough sound quality.

Oh good lord. This ^^^^. It drives me crazy when I have to talk to people that have given up their land line. They slowly fade out, because they move the phone from their mouth, I guess. I'll have to repeat several times, because of some weird delay, or cell phones won't pass two voices at the same time or something, and say I CAN'T hear you. Then magically, their voice comes in clear again. For awhile. With all that said. Cell phone to cell phone is terrible. That happened when they went digital. Going digital? That helped WHO? It certainly dumped cell phone call quality in the crapper.

IMG_20190309_170407.jpg
LOVE them!! I DO NOT operate one while driving though. If I had my way anyone caught driving along and texting would be charged exactly like a DUI. When Cells got cheap enough kids were still early teens. It was great to be able to reach them if needed. Waited on Smart for years. Once we did it quickly was something to love. Seldom use it but damn it's nice that its just there. Get lost or need to find something? I well remember the old fold up maps had to dig out, find the place and then try to find. Now phone even tells me best way to get there and where to avoid. Where we live now Wife's commute is at rush hour and there is multiple routes she can use. She turns on the app every morning to see which one is jammed up. Probably due to some moron texting and driving :mad:
She loves not ending up stuck in a jam. Still remember early in the Digital that were so small you could carry it in the shirt. Wife and I were in Seaside OR, walking down a beach. Father calls me, yakking about something then asked about stopping by. When I said "Dad i'm in Seaside OR on the beach, will not be home for a couple days." There was a little pause and a wow. To him it sounded like any other call. He wanted one when I got home :D
Like any tech some do get addicted to them. Never been a problem for me. Then I never got into video games either. Some get so hooked on those they forget to eat.
Just got new set of blue tooth in the mail today

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads