JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have the opportunity to purchase a Mossberg 810A in 30.06.

Stock is a 7 of 10. Small amount of surface rust on barrel - no pitting. Worn bluing. Cheap Simmons scope. Actions seems smooth enough.

Said he want $350.

I am thinking more like $225-$275. Your input?

Thanls!

Stock is a 7 of 10. Small amount of surface rust on barrel - no pitting. Worn bluing. Cheap Simmons scope. Actions seems smooth enough.

Said he want $350.

Thanls!

Yes, you are. I had a Mossberg 800 as a kid and it had bad ejection problems and a poorly cut chamber. I'd spend the money elsewhere.

Don't confuse the 800 with the 810.
The 810 has an Accugroove barrel, a great trigger and a 4 lug bolt.
The hinged floor plate is a weak design and you can't buy a replacement anymore, so give that a consideration in setting a price.

Yeah you can get new rifles at a little more and they are shooting great.
If you can't find much on the webbernetter it could be cause no one cares about themo_O
And you won't find parts

Said he want $350.

Thanls!

As others have mentioned I would pass. For the asking price you can find a new in box rifle in that caliber. The optics then can be whatever you wish. Even at the price you would hope to bring them down to you would be close to the price of something new in box. If you buy something like that used and have problems it could be a headache. I would buy something new and know you are good to go.

As others have mentioned I would pass. For the asking price you can find a new in box rifle in that caliber. The optics then can be whatever you wish. Even at the price you would hope to bring them down to you would be close to the price of something new in box. If you buy something like that used and have problems it could be a headache. I would buy something new and know you are good to go.
Improved materials, design and manufacturing processes allow modern gun makers to produce inexpensive and very accurate bolt action guns. The Ruger American mentioned above is a great example of this. If you want a cheap hunting rifle, you'd do well with one of these new designs.

I guessing the scope,if used much on that '06, is junk by now.
Maybe not but cheap scopes don't last long on a rifle with some recoil.
I was about to say the same thing, and that scope is probably not worth worrying about, but I have a Simmons Whitetail on a .308 that is holding up remarkably well. Now if it were a Barska, I'd take bets on it not lasting a dozen shots.

All the same, you can get a decent Nikon or Burris that will hold up well for under $300 unless you're trying to shoot out to 1200 yards or something. Used can work out too. I picked up a NIB Leupold VXII 3-9 X 40 a few years ago for $200. Great scope, made in USA and fantastic warrantee.

Buy your self a better gun. It will serve you a life time. Look at Remington, Ruger, Winchester, and CZ if you want European Quality. I'd pass on this Mossberg just because of the poor condition and knowing you would be so much happier with better quality.

I was about to say the same thing, and that scope is probably not worth worrying about, but I have a Simmons Whitetail on a .308 that is holding up remarkably well. Now if it were a Barska, I'd take bets on it not lasting a dozen shots.

All the same, you can get a decent Nikon or Burris that will hold up well for under $300 unless you're trying to shoot out to 1200 yards or something. Used can work out too. I picked up a NIB Leupold VXII 3-9 X 40 a few years ago for $200. Great scope, made in USA and fantastic warrantee.
I was guessing if the gun was a cheapo,or the guy did like most do when selling,it's the cheapest scope he had.
Used scopes don't bring near their value so when selling a rifle you put your cheapo on it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top