JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The only thing I despise more than a murderer/rapist is a animal abuser, maybe even equal, so keep the Antifreeze to yourself. That being said, it sounds like you haven't talked to the neighbors yet. That should be your first step, and if they don't care, use the hose method. Maybe the neighbor will get the idea when their cats come home dripping wet.

That's just stupid. I think most cat owners are irresponsible, uncaring idiots. They let their precious pet roam the neighborhood then cry foul when something happens to it.

People should keep their damned cats at home!

This.

The good news is that Tigard has a very healthy coyote population and the outdoor cats are very high on their prey list.

While it is tempting to shoot/poison the feral cats its just easier to trap them and take them to Hillsboro to animal control or drop them off on the other side of the river.

The suggestion of talking to your neighbors is a complete waste of time and effort. They don't care otherwise they would keep their pets indoors.

This.

The good news is that Tigard has a very healthy coyote population and the outdoor cats are very high on their prey list.

While it is tempting to shoot/poison the feral cats its just easier to trap them and take them to Hillsboro to animal control or drop them off on the other side of the river.

The suggestion of talking to your neighbors is a complete waste of time and effort. They don't care otherwise they would keep their pets indoors.

Maybe, but shouldn't a conversation be the first step before taking more drastic measures?

The only thing I despise more than a murderer/rapist is a animal abuser, maybe even equal, so keep the Antifreeze to yourself. That being said, it sounds like you haven't talked to the neighbors yet. That should be your first step, and if they don't care, use the hose method. Maybe the neighbor will get the idea when their cats come home dripping wet.

I agree.

Just go to the store and pick up a jar of light mayo and a pack of dehydrated bananas! Then, after you get back with my groceries, shave your head with a lollipop and bolt yourself to the floorboard of a firetruck! Why you ask? Because...You Are F'ing Nuts!!!

Your cat is damaging my property? That's no different than your kid or your fat spandex wearing spouse coming over and crapping in my flower bed. Why do all the cat owners think there little precious should be allowed to make my nice stuff into their personal scratching post!

My solution is live trap and relocation. I wish I could shoot them but I guess I'm not that cold blooded. However, I still am bitter from a neighborhood cat scratching the leather seats in my convertible Cadillac. While it was in my garage. Urgh....anger.

Maybe, but shouldn't a conversation be the first step before taking more drastic measures?

It is just an exercise in futility.

They are just going to say thats what cats do and deal with it. In the end, both you and your neighbor(s) will hate each other.

Just easier to trap and turn in to animal control or relocate to where the cat will not make the trek back.

my dog is half shepard and half red doberman. has about an acre to roam. no cat problem, no coon problem, no possum problem, sometimes a bit of a skunk problem LOL

I'm sure they are some of your neighbors cats, you don't want to hurt them, just train them. The scarecrow is a great tool, I have one to keep raccoons and other critters away from my pond. However a cheap solution I use for my own cats on my cars is to put several strips of masking tape on the car, sticky side up. When they jump up there, the tape sticks to their feet and they freak out. They take off at high speed with a couple of feet of tape stuck to them, it's kinda funny to watch. They never jump up there again.

First, catch the cat. Live traps with bait work the best.

Second, those things are called catapults for a reason. After the second or third 'pult' at their second story window, as dumb as they are, the cat will learn.

Here's a solution,first you get one of those livetraps,catch the guilty party,now heres the best part,you spray paint the cat hot pink,take it down a few blocks and release it,when the cat goes home and the owners find a pink cat they start watching them or keeping them inside unless the owner is a complete douche bag,it's not that I dont like cats I just cant eat a whole one

I use a large "Have-a-Hart wire cage with left over tuna can juice. After catching the culprit, I hose them down with very cold water for a couple of minutes. Then they get a half hour or so to dwell on the idea that my yard is not so much fun to hang around, and for good measure I give them another blast just in case they forgot the previous bath. Of course this happens behind my fence. Needless to say, any cat that got the water boarding treatment stays at lease two houses from mine. Never caught the same cat twice.

I like the sound of this

wow... There are some really good ideas on here! I really like the catching it and spray painting it hot pink, too funny. I have heard shaving all the fur except the head is good too, just wear gloves.

I would get the live trap, we have had to do that and I have caught and takin 5 cats to the pound, havn't seen too many around here lately.

i'm gonna second (and i can't believe i'm only the second) the sentiment that talking to the owner is the first step. you might think it's futile, but it's what you have to do to be a high-road decent human being. anything else is under-handed, and you all know it.

how would you react if one of your neighbors knocked on your door and very apologetically, politely, asked you to take care of something thats been bothering them? would you freak out? would you tell them to bubblegum off? no- you'd probably realize maybe you should be taking care of it, apologize, and take care of it. give your neighbors the benefit of the doubt.

if they DO tell you to bubblegum off, snipe the little overgrown rats with a suppressed subsonic 22lr in the middle of the night. but you at least have to give them the opportunity to address their problem.

Get a life, and stop worrying about the cat. I can't believe an adult that has a pistol would be so child like. There are better things to worryabout then a cat on your car. I think they should take you gun away, you have a brick loose somewhere. Spad

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads