JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I just love watching all the dbaggery justification of… poisoning, killing and pulling a gun at the first stressful situation.

I will give you trigger-happy inbreds $1000 to move into the boonies together to shoot yourselves dead, away, far, far away, from the Northwest.

Thanks!

Leave a bowl of antifreeze out in a hidden location. Problem solved.

Very inhumane and very cruel. Anti-Freeze? really? You go drink it fscker..

They don't like pepper, as one member mentioned. They don't like citrus (lemon, lime, orange). The alternative is the "Have a Heart" cage, it traps them live. It's effective.

As some other members mentioned, you can take the 'strays' to the Humane Society, or to the Multnomah County Animal Shelter, or the one in Hillsboro.

Honestly, it's the owner, not the cats.

That's just stupid. I think most cat owners are irresponsible, uncaring idiots. They let their precious pet roam the neighborhood then cry foul when something happens to it.

As with any hyperbole, this applies to all.. :rollseyes:

People should keep their damned cats at home!
I thoroughly agree with you on this. It's better for them for a number of reasons.

Longer lifespan
Less disease
Less chance of being prey or in a scrap (other cats,racoons, possum, etc)
Better on the surrounding birdlife

Less chance of drinking antifreeze put out by some fscktard.

I like animals in general but cant tolerate any domestic animal that some thoughtless slob allows to run and crap on everyone elses yard. Only thing worse is someone that thinks animal life is equal to human life.
But thats another thread.
You can get predator spray. We use it around the flower gardens that the local felines and raccoons like to use for a toilet. Works very well and is not too spendy. Just reapply it once in a while. They will stay away and you and
dont have to worry about going to jail for killing someones pet. The stuff I am currently using is called 'Critter Ridder'.
Oh yea, and if you thought for a second that you might pull your gun for this then you need to sell every firearm you own and take up a new hobby.

I just love watching all the dbaggery justification of… poisoning, killing and pulling a gun at the first stressful situation.

I will give you trigger-happy inbreds $1000 to move into the boonies together to shoot yourselves dead, away, far, far away, from the Northwest.

Thanks!

I will also chip into this fund.

Sorry dudebro I'd hate it if the cat causes your carbon fiber hood to not match your oakleys and tribal tats. Better pull your piece man! I bet you have tons of handgun training, too!

Love the feedback, although the poisoning comments are a bit scary. Like I said it was one of my rants, in no way whatsoever would I pull a firearm other than in a life or death situation. I'm scary enough without one. Its a bit comedic to think someone would really think that was a serious statement. It brought you in and that was the point. Boom winning. The Prius owners are funny, carbon fiber, wha, who why ahaha. Oh and who wears oakleys? Its all about the 1985 gargoyles! I love how manties get all worked up its great. Ok off till my next breakdown lol.

Like the realistic ways of humanely handling the problem. I'm going to do a tacticool sprinkler system. Great idea! Kudos!

Twoclones
I think "most" cat owners are responsible- taking care of their pets / cats. Most keep them indoors.

But going back to the topic - It is a little concerning that someone is thinking about pulling a gun on a cat.

I use a large "Have-a-Hart wire cage with left over tuna can juice. After catching the culprit, I hose them down with very cold water for a couple of minutes. Then they get a half hour or so to dwell on the idea that my yard is not so much fun to hang around, and for good measure I give them another blast just in case they forgot the previous bath. Of course this happens behind my fence. Needless to say, any cat that got the water boarding treatment stays at lease two houses from mine. Never caught the same cat twice.

Brilliant, anyone know where to buy a "Have-a-Hart" cage near Albany?

first I was like this....

then I grabbed my gat and I was like....

Then the guys on the forum when I told my story were...

Then the cops came and i sat in jail like...

When I got home then the cat got even...

As an owner of a cat that takes advantage of the dog door I can tell you I would not object to someone 'water boarding' my cat or using some other means to 'train' my cat to stay out of your yard. I would also appreciate being informed there was a problem. I might even be willing to pay for the scarecrow for you as a gesture of good faith and I would certainly be willing to come clean up any mess my cat made in your garden. (Okay, to be honest I'd send the kids to do it :) but it would be done)

However, I would be pissed if someone: shaved my cat, painted him pink, fed him anti-freeze, stole my cat or shot him.

Harbor Freight sells "cat" sized cages that work well and are priced like typical chinese crap. Hav-a-hearts are a little pricey but good if you need to catch bigger stuff (like racoons). ;)

I use a large "Have-a-Hart wire cage with left over tuna can juice. After catching the culprit, I hose them down with very cold water for a couple of minutes. Then they get a half hour or so to dwell on the idea that my yard is not so much fun to hang around, and for good measure I give them another blast just in case they forgot the previous bath. Of course this happens behind my fence. Needless to say, any cat that got the water boarding treatment stays at lease two houses from mine. Never caught the same cat twice.

LOVE THIS! Its humane, its quiet, and I'm betting you will see the cats cut a wide path around your place.
I don't think I need to tell you however that pulling your sidearm when your life is not endangered is a bad idea. Especialy over some cats jumping on your car.

Thanks!

Great post, you just put yourself on the same level as those you censure. F-

While it is tempting to shoot/poison the feral cats its just easier to trap them and take them to Hillsboro to animal control or drop them off on the other side of the river.

The suggestion of talking to your neighbors is a complete waste of time and effort. They don't care otherwise they would keep their pets indoors.

I hauled a couple of feral cats to animal control but that 40 mile drive got old fast. When I lived in the country people were always driving out and dumping kittens so I started a kitty graveyard. Planted 20 in one summer!

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top