JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
i have no great affection for cats, believe me.. but dumping them off "in the country/woods" is probably the cruelest thing you can do. take a house pet and dump it on some BLM road, where the first thing it smells is coyote and bear piss, and leave it to wander terrified, alone, half starved before being run down and eaten alive by a 'yote or bigger cat. seems like a cowardly way to handle it... least you can do is shoot the thing.

Love the feedback, although the poisoning comments are a bit scary. Like I said it was one of my rants, in no way whatsoever would I pull a firearm other than in a life or death situation. I'm scary enough without one. Its a bit comedic to think someone would really think that was a serious statement. It brought you in and that was the point. Boom winning. The Prius owners are funny, carbon fiber, wha, who why ahaha. Oh and who wears oakleys? Its all about the 1985 gargoyles! I love how manties get all worked up its great. Ok off till my next breakdown lol.

Like the realistic ways of humanely handling the problem. I'm going to do a tacticool sprinkler system. Great idea! Kudos!

Going back to the OP first, at what point were you gonna pull your hogs leg and who is the idiot, the owner or the cat?

Secondly, Cool story bro! You're "winning"

You might wanna take a nap before you post next time.

What my dad used to do and i do not recommend you doing this . Its just a story to share.

he had problems with a dog getting into the garbage so he ran electricity to the can ( he had some electrical skills so he knew what he was doing) it didn't take long just a couple yelps heard at night and the dog left garbage alone after that . It would be quite entertaining to see how high a cat would jump should it get zapped while setting on the hood of a car. Not that i suggest that but it would be more humane (and entertaining ) than dropping it out in the woods.

While I've never done it, I have often quipped that the best way to get someone to keep their cat at home would be to paint the cat.

0601001901.jpg

0622000714.jpg
0621000636-1.jpg
0625000717.jpg

No kitties were harmed. Possums and other critters, well..........
We do give them a bit of a "shake-up" before releasing them. The trap I built to keep my chickens free from predators. Handles coyotes, coons, possums, dogs, and of couse cats. Never caught the same cat twice.

I caught a possum once.I tossed it the house with two smartarsed kids(my ol' ladies kids).You shoulda seen them climb the walls,bungholes and elbos to get out of that room.I got respect after that and to this day.What Point?.None, I just got a throwback laugh when I saw the possum,LOL....:s0114:

What my dad used to do and i do not recommend you doing this . Its just a story to share.

he had problems with a dog getting into the garbage so he ran electricity to the can ( he had some electrical skills so he knew what he was doing) it didn't take long just a couple yelps heard at night and the dog left garbage alone after that . It would be quite entertaining to see how high a cat would jump should it get zapped while setting on the hood of a car. Not that i suggest that but it would be more humane (and entertaining ) than dropping it out in the woods.

When I was in college I worked for this guy who had a "farm" (50 acres with 2 horses and 2 Nubian goats). There was about 5 acres that was sectioned off and divided into fields for the horses. The fencing used was an electric fence - the kind for livestock.
We had 2 live wires, one running about 15 inches off the ground and the second at 4 feet (with a dead one in the middle). I have witnessed more than one cat stroll though and go under the wire, only to catch it with its tail. It was the funniest thing to watch. It was almost like what they show in a cartoon. The hair would all stand up, the legs went completely sideways and the tail got all stiff. Then they would run like all heck as soon as they hit the ground.

OP, if you were willing to shoot a cat I sure hope you don't have a CWP or CPL!!

You're not the type of person that should have one.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

I guess I shouldn't be, but I am kind of shocked that so many people are getting riled up over the OP's thread. In no way after reading his first post did I think that he was actually thinking of pulling his handgun on a cat because it sat on his car. As I suspected, later in the thread he chimed in and clarified that it was just a rant. Yet there is no shortage here of people who want to jump the bandwagon and say he is unfit to keep and bear arms. Really? Because he vented a bit in an open forum? Has anybody here got overly frustrated with their children and said something to the effect of "I'm gonna kill that kid" when he is acting up? We all know that it is only a figure of speech expressing frustration, yet would we be so cavalier about declaring them unfit to be a parent? But, with the anonymous nature of the internet, I guess we can all condemn the OP without really giving it any thought.

Carry on.

This was my first thought as well.

Personally, I question if SVT-ROY is mature or mentally stable enough to own firearms.

This is the type of sentiment, serious or not, that anti-gunners love to use to classify all gun owners as trigger happy half-wits.

I agree this guy is very dangerous and needs serious help.

I think when he realized how insane his comment was and he changed his story.

Guy still needs serious anger management training at the least.

I guess I shouldn't be, but I am kind of shocked that so many people are getting riled up over the OP's thread. In no way after reading his first post did I think that he was actually thinking of pulling his handgun on a cat because it sat on his car. As I suspected, later in the thread he chimed in and clarified that it was just a rant. Yet there is no shortage here of people who want to jump the bandwagon and say he is unfit to keep and bear arms. Really? Because he vented a bit in an open forum? Has anybody here got overly frustrated with their children and said something to the effect of "I'm gonna kill that kid" when he is acting up? We all know that it is only a figure of speech expressing frustration, yet would we be so cavalier about declaring them unfit to be a parent? But, with the anonymous nature of the internet, I guess we can all condemn the OP without really giving it any thought.

I agree with Spray-n-pray. Obviously he was kidding and I would be upset too if cats kept on jumping on my car. All the comments of anger management, taking away his chl or guns is just plain cockamamy. People rant and like to have fun, sometimes they get upset, such is life. This tread has turned into an interesting one to read with some great suggestions at how to control pests, domesticated or not.

It seems Spray n Pray and Chase are the few members that i have not dealt with that have brains. Sorry to put you on the spot guys. Anyway, the posts with ideas are appreciated. But the dozen or so hate posts are classic. I love it, 100%. Its always nice to ruffle feathers of the sensitive and weak minded. Yeah I was crazy but I cured it , with my brain(ranting incoherently ). Think twice if you see a madman weilding a silver svt , he may be unfit for todays society, you guys are adorable. I Can't wait for the tacticool sprinkler, ill be winning before my Wheaties.

For the record, some of you folks are cold cold CATS. But I don't hate, I just keep my key key inside where he belongs. Although if he did get out and get in a tussle somehow I think he will be fine.And yes this really my key key.

IMG_20100927_044903.jpg

First of all, talk to the cat's owner about the issue. If he/she has any class, they will do what's necessary to keep their critter off your car.

My cat is an indoor/outdoor cat, and has the habit of sitting on neighbor's cars. As soon as I saw him do it, I pulled him off and went to the neighbors, told him about the issue, and apologized. They all said it was okay, as my cat is very popular and they like him. If it becomes an issue in the future, i'll quit letting him go outdoors.

Just go to the store and pick up a jar of light mayo and a pack of dehydrated bananas! Then, after you get back with my groceries, shave your head with a lollipop and bolt yourself to the floorboard of a firetruck! Why you ask? Because...You Are F'ing Nuts!!!

Won't the lollipop just stick to the hair? Or, do you sharpen it first?:p

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews