JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really could care less about the "tone" used by Alex Jones. Fact is "Anti-Gunners" will remain ainti-gunners until such a time as they are embraced one on one as a friend and afforded an opportunity to spend a nice day at the range with a F/A and plenty of loaded magazines.

I've yet to meet a so called anti-gunner that changed their mind due to losing the argument. I have met a few that changed their whole perspective once they flipped the happy switch and dumped a few mags.

If any of his "fans" truly cared about this argument they would simply look up what he said instead of this cowardly perspective about someones image and presentation, and disregarding what he said because they don't like the tone of his voice. If you aren't mad as Alex Jones, you aren't paying attention. Everybody should be yelling from the rooftops.

So in order to be justly mad I have to rant and rave like a rabid lunatic? :rolleyes: The pro-gun arugment needs to be calm, rational, fact based, in order to educate and not to look like the anti-gun folks. Alex Jones gave a lot of ammo to the anti-gun folks. I am more pissed off at his antics and message delivery than I am at Piers Morgan right now. Our own "spokesman" in this case did more damage to our cause than Piers Morgan could ever hope to. It would not break my heart if Jones got hit by a bus today.

Why did he go on? Maybe he went on to get in someone's face for once. To let them know there is a line in the sand.

By the way, CNN viewership is more like 500k. Also, it was a well thought out rebuttal. You just didn't like his tone.

Why are you so worried about what other people who you don't even know think about it?

Not sure what you're saying there. In this case why do I care what other people think? Because what they think may influence whom they vote for, who they give money to politically and if they're going to demonize firearms or accept them. And that affects me. And you. And everyone on this board. Because in the end Alex Jones got on tv and ranted to X amount of people and potentially sent them into the other camp (or further into the other camp). CNN or Piers Morgan only has 500,000 viewers? Sure, k. But every other news outlet that links to that story will link that video to that story and that will reach millions more.

Not sure what you're saying there. In this case why do I care what other people think? Because what they think may influence whom they vote for, who they give money to politically and if they're going to demonize firearms or accept them. And that affects me. And you. And everyone on this board. Because in the end Alex Jones got on tv and ranted to X amount of people and potentially sent them into the other camp (or further into the other camp). CNN or Piers Morgan only has 500,000 viewers? Sure, k. But every other news outlet that links to that story will link that video to that story and that will reach millions more.

I understand your point--people see it, they get influenced. Got it.

My assertion is that people who are swayed by things they see on television, in this case 11 minutes of talking between two arguably inconsequential and marginalized media personalities, are irrelevant. They are too stupid or lazy or both to go out and figure things out for themselves. People like that will bend with the prevailing wind. The facts of the matter with regard to the metaphorical 'prevailing wind' are clear as day: the fix is for any notions of freedom. The entirety of our modern world is corrupt--finance, politics, morality, you name it and it's neither informed nor reasonable. It takes all of ten minutes to find the facts of media ownership, study the dominant messages being purveyed and conclude correctly that television and media as a whole is a means of propaganda. So again, anyone dumb enough to be moved from a position due to 'media' never held that position in the first place and is too unreliable to be counted on when the rubber meets the road. Therefore, they are not relevant to either the discussion or the outcome. They are hopeless ineffectual doormats.

So in order to be justly mad I have to rant and rave like a rabid lunatic? :rolleyes: The pro-gun arugment needs to be calm, rational, fact based, in order to educate and not to look like the anti-gun folks. Alex Jones gave a lot of ammo to the anti-gun folks. I am more pissed off at his antics and message delivery than I am at Piers Morgan right now. Our own "spokesman" in this case did more damage to our cause than Piers Morgan could ever hope to. It would not break my heart if Jones got hit by a bus today.

Gun control has resulted in over 200 million dead in the past 100 years alone and you think it's time to play patty-cake. They come out and blame every gun owner and a gun that wasn't even used for what happened to those kids before their bodies are even in the ground and somehow that means we should hold hands and play nice?

Instead of everybody getting together on the 19th at the capitol, we should meet at my house and bake muffins and chit-chat about the next American holocaust, quietly.

I thought Alex did an awesome job giving Piers Morgan his just desert. I love the fake British accent (Alex's, not Piers!). :)

As to Alex giving gun owners a bad name, who watches CNN? Piers Morgan has less than a couple hundred thousand viewers and there is no changing their point of view anyway.

Why have Alex Jones on your liberal limey show?
Maybe your bung is still galled from previous pro 2A guests who remained calm and shoved your silly point of view up your British cornhole.

Alex Jones did great.

Like a junkie debating with a pharmacist about why his prescriptions are valid.

bubblegum, the gun rights folks have Jones and Lapierre (supposedly) protecting our rights?

Way to make it easy for awb to get passed guys.

It would seem CNN posed specific questions (especially at the end of part 2) to make Alex look like a loon, notice how piers also plays the whole humble quiet patient card to seem more rational than Alex,.what a joke. I've seen piers talk over folks on MANY interviews.. This was yet another ploy.
However, I greatly side with Alex But I think he could have painted a better image if he would have stayed a little more calm and brought up specific points such as: Fast and furious-in depth. Bengazi. And lastly, there was no AR used at Sandy Hook. Has anyone else seen the video of them securing what looks like a high point carbine 995 out of the trunk, NOT an AR.. Charging handle isn't on the side as it clearly shows. Also, wasn't aurora just pistols as well? I heard tale that the AR was sitting in his car.

I understand talking to antis must be incredibly frustrating and he had a lot of steam to blow off all at once.. Perhaps round two he'll have some great calm talking points that'll really show that redcoat.

Arguing 2A as means of resistance against tyranny with statists is a waste of time, because they accept and support tyranny.

These people think the government is their friend, for crying out loud.

Mixed feelings.
Righteous indignation can feel good. I think the movement benefits from that to a point. What I'm trying to say is that it can get the base fired up. We all know Morgan to be a liberal shill and that many of the points Jones made were accurate. I'm not sure we lose anybody there. The people who might take Morgans side are already anti 2A zombies.
Part of me wants to agree that we needed someone with a more professional approach in there advancing our agenda, but once in a while it's nice to see evil get kicked in the junk.
We also all know why Jones was invited onto the show. The producers of that show knew exactly what they were going to get.
And here is another perspective, the intensity and passion Jones displayed, is exactly what we used to kick the British arse off this land the first time. And its the enthusiasm and patriotism we are going to need to save this country again.

He did not do great, it would have been better for the pro gun argument if he didn't go on. Everyone is making fun of him.

Christian Science Monitor

DailyBeast

Telegraph

Salon

Business Insider

We need smart, clear-headed individuals who can provide legitimate points and counterpoints, using facts and statistics, to make arguments in our case. All Jones did is paint a great picture of exactly what Morgan wants America to think all gun owners are like.

I just tried to go to Alex Jones website Prison planet once there I clicked on a article about CNN producer crying and was blocked by a phoney microsoft virus warning...anyone else?

I understand the guy is passionate but to an outsider he came off as a loon. While nobody may watch Piers's show if someone caught it while flipping channels it was not a good representation of our community as a whole. I was disappointed to say the least.

Hmm interesting........
He was a guest and it was not his show, so degree of professionalism would have helped him not look
like a raving loon.
The point should not have been to tell pears off but to get CNN listeners to hear Jones reason his position. Anyone can stand there and just yell !

We need better representatives of our second amendment rights !

Have you seen this post made by someone earlier?

So professionalism, how do you define that again?
Alan Gottlieb and Larry Pratt were both treated like scum by Morgan's "professionalism", which just further feeds the mentality of anti-gunners. Morgan has supporters no matter how intelligent a guest is or what the data shows.

So Jones gave Morgan a taste of his own medicine.
Jones refused to play any game of Morgan's, or participate in Morgan's facile arguments.

If someone gets into a car accident, they don't represent me.
If someone does a protest, they don't represent me.
If someone is detained, they don't represent me.

So why should Alex Jones represent my OWN personal civil rights?
"Alex Jones makes us look bad" is the kind of mentality that the anti-constitutional people want. They (anti-gunners) want you to think everyone who is pro 2nd Amendment are ALL part of one group. We're not all on the same page, just look at Oregon Firearms Federation versus the NRA, JFPO, SAF, and others.

Anti-2nd Amendment people want everyone to be accountable for ONE person's actions, and that is just unacceptable. I won't play their games as they exploit the deaths of children to erode civil liberties.

Last Edited:
Well, the problem is that nearly every news agency is spinning it as Alex Jones acting like a psycho to the poor normal every-man Piers Morgan.

Morgan on fiery Alex Jones interview: ‘Startling,' ‘deluded'

Man behind ‘Deport Piers Morgan' petition has meltdown on Morgan's show

Pro-Gun Advocate Alex Jones Goes Completely Berserk On Piers Morgan's Show: '1776 Will Commence Again!'

Alex Jones, creator of 'Deport Piers Morgan' petition, blows up on CNN

Honestly, I think Morgan fully expected this. Since the interview all he talks about is how bubblegumin crazy gun owners are when we mention anything about taking guns. How crazy and violent we get. Jones played right in to his hand.

Survivalist, the weapon they pull from the truck in CT is a semi-auto shotgun. Either a Benelli M4 or a Remington R12. I've had a lot of experience using the Benelli M1014 (military model of the M4) and i have no doubt in my mind that's what they pulled out of the trunk. I think he should have brought up the fact that no one has actually seen any evidence than an AR-15 was used or not used in Sandy Hook. There has been NOTHING, just people's conflicting stories.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top