JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a great law I'd bet a months pay there are ZERO LIBERALS ie: Obummer type Voters living in this town unless of course they are the typical commie (do as i say not as i do ) residents

I saw another report on this city not long ago, I think, on NBC. While on the surface it might sound like they're advocating or admitting that gun ownership lowers crime rates, that's not really what they're saying in the article.

Some things they do say:

Today, Kennesaw, a town of about 33,000 people, has had one murder in the last six years and a violent crime rate of below 2%.

But it's unclear whether that has anything to do with the gun law.

City officials say their relationship with the community is a key factor in maintaining public safety. "We can't say that just that gun law contributes x number of percent to why we have a low crime rate. It may be part of it, but it needs to be looked at from a whole picture," said Graydon. "Don't just look at the ordinance."

So they have active community involvement by the police force, which is a known factor in reducing violent crime rates.

They also noted the law is not actually enforced but really is more of a "political statement".

Either way, I don't think CNN is rolling over to our side. The way I read it, I got the distinct impression they were trying to downplay any actual benefit from the law, though they do so somewhat subtly.

It is nice to see it highlighted though. If it gets a few other locations to consider a similar law, that would certainly be a positive thing.

But I also am against laws that force people to buy/own things they don't want to own. My concern is a non-gun person owning a gun could be a danger if they don't know, or care, how to properly handle or store it.

Who believes CNN I was told all they did was fake news by this board. Now that this report is in line with our thinking they are telling the truth?

I won't comment on the significance of anything the MSM does or doesn't do because that industry needs to be marginalized big time!

But I've been to Kennesaw, GA. many times and the law did exist as late as the late 1990s.

From Kennesaw Mountain, the route General Sherman took into Atlanta (to burn it down) can be seen; aka Interstate 75.

:cool:

I won't comment on the significance of anything the MSM does or doesn't do because that industry needs to be marginalized big time!

But I've been to Kennesaw, GA. many times and the law did exist as late as the late 1990s.

From Kennesaw Mountain, the route General Sherman took into Atlanta (to burn it down) can be seen; aka Interstate 75.

:cool:
My great grandfather once he got off the boat from Ireland marched with Sherman through the south. We used to have his uniform and rifle. I am guessing he went right through there.

My great grandfather once he got off the boat from Ireland marched with Sherman through the south. We used to have his uniform and rifle. I am guessing he went right through there.

Mea Culpa; I wasn't able to differentiate between the Civil War and the Revolutionary war when I graduated from HS; I was a punk.

Being stationed in the SE for most of my adult life gave me the unique opportunity to walk on nearly every major battlefield of both wars. Most of today's bridges and roadways are in place of historic routes.

Kennesaw is a nice town (low-low crime rates), but it's proximity to Marrietta (and the defense contractor) push up the prices...

I was trying to retire near the Ranger Camp in Dahlonega Georgia, but the cards didn't fall that way for me :s0124:

I really miss the SE :oops:

I seen that snippet too, CNN ran this awhile ago. Hard to refute the relationship between gun ownership and crime when you have the hard facts the Kennesaw has... Kinds blows the anti-gunners argument clean out of the water...

Kennesaw has had that law on the books since 1982. I remember when it was a BIG DEAL.
Predictions of rampant murder and streets flowing with blood. There are a few other cities with similar laws. All of them fairly small.

Who believes CNN I was told all they did was fake news by this board. Now that this report is in line with our thinking they are telling the truth?

It is a contrast to what they usually run, but to me it's still written with an anti-gun connotation. It's clear to that they can't correlate the low crime rates to the ordinance, but they make no attempt to do so either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top