JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you seen this post made by someone earlier?

So professionalism, how do you define that again?
Alan Gottlieb and Larry Pratt were both treated like scum by Morgan's "professionalism", which just further feeds the mentality of anti-gunners. Morgan has supporters no matter how intelligent a guest is or what the data shows.

So Jones gave Morgan a taste of his own medicine.
Jones refused to play any game of Morgan's, or participate in Morgan's facile arguments.

If someone gets into a car accident, they don't represent me.
If someone does a protest, they don't represent me.
If someone is detained, they don't represent me.

So why should Alex Jones represent my OWN personal civil rights?
"Alex Jones makes us look bad" is the kind of mentality that the anti-constitutional people want. They (anti-gunners) want you to think everyone who is pro 2nd Amendment are ALL part of one group. We're not all on the same page, just look at Oregon Firearms Federation versus the NRA, JFPO, SAF, and others.

Anti-2nd Amendment people want everyone to be accountable for ONE person's actions, and that is just unacceptable. I won't plan their games as they exploit the deaths of children to erode civil liberties.

Great great post!!!!!!!

Have you seen this post made by someone earlier?

So professionalism, how do you define that again?
Alan Gottlieb and Larry Pratt were both treated like scum by Morgan's "professionalism", which just further feeds the mentality of anti-gunners. Morgan has supporters no matter how intelligent a guest is or what the data shows.

So Jones gave Morgan a taste of his own medicine.
Jones refused to play any game of Morgan's, or participate in Morgan's facile arguments.

If someone gets into a car accident, they don't represent me.
If someone does a protest, they don't represent me.
If someone is detained, they don't represent me.

So why should Alex Jones represent my OWN personal civil rights?
"Alex Jones makes us look bad" is the kind of mentality that the anti-constitutional people want. They (anti-gunners) want you to think everyone who is pro 2nd Amendment are ALL part of one group. We're not all on the same page, just look at Oregon Firearms Federation versus the NRA, JFPO, SAF, and others.

Anti-2nd Amendment people want everyone to be accountable for ONE person's actions, and that is just unacceptable. I won't play their games as they exploit the deaths of children to erode civil liberties.

Morgan didn't get a taste of his own medicine, he's more than happy to sit across from someone foaming at the mouth for an hour if it serves to make his own point. And, as it spread to a wider audience, it did.
I'm a Brit ( bite me), and I've seen Morgan get greasier and weaselier for the past 25 years, he thrives on this frothing hysteria and conflict. And conflict = publicity = rating = money.

People that love guns won't have changed their minds. People who hate guns won't change their minds, they'll both say their side "won" after the interview.
Sadly presentation and likability are as important as facts, maybe more so. People don't trust "facts" anymore, they trust the person that they feel is most like themselves and I don't think that would be Jones. Whether he reflects your personal beliefs or not, he's decided to present himself as a spokesperson for us and he's out there making us all look like dangerously uncontrolled mouth foaming, bug eyed idiots. If I had someone like that living next door to me, I'd always be on high alert in case he went nuts and I had to shoot him.
The majority of Americans don't have a strong opinion either way on guns until there's a massacre and they're forced to actually get introspective and think about it, swayed one way or the other by the arguments in the media, by what their friends, family and colleagues are saying etc. And as that big chunk of sentiment goes, so go the politicians.
The more Americans who see that interview and are repelled by Jones as it spread through the media, (and most will be), the easier it is for "our representatives" in Washington to clamp down on our 2a rights, claiming that is what the public want.
The more centrist people become anti gun, more chance there is of having anti 2a's voted in in 2 years time.

Any idiot can shout over someone else, it's just not very clever.

My two favorites would have to be G. Edward Griffin and Dr Paul Craig Roberts on facts most people are not aware of; and Gerald Celente and Peter Schiff on economic-only related issues.

Griffin is an incredible source of knowledge about own (phony) political system, health care issues, global banking, etc. He gets his message across without barking and foaming at the mouth. Understand the basics and you will realize who the real powers are that are out to disarm Americans, and no, that isn't whatever puppet happens to be in the White House.

Last edited by a moderator:
AMEN! Anyone who thinks that Alex Jones seems more credible than Joshua Boston will certainly earn a top spot in my "2013 You've got to be Kidding Me ... What Kind of Idiot Are You?" awards. Pretty disconcerting considering we aren't even to mid January.

Alex has his place and its not at the front of the gun debate, and the same goes for Ted Nugent. Neither have the ability to keep their mouths shut when their brains aren't working, and both just have way too much baggage.

That is what has made Alex Jones "famous" over the past 25 years. His brand of entertainment is very popular with those who aren't too concerned with the facts. I swear I heard him on Coast to Coast AM last week....

Alex has his place and its not at the front of the gun debate, and the same goes for Ted Nugent. Neither have the ability to keep their mouths shut when their brains aren't working, and both just have way too much baggage.

Who are we to decide if Alex, Ted, a loud mouth or someone with baggage shouldn't have the chance to tell the world their opinions on the 2nd Amendment and firearms?

The First Amendment

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Except for those who get too emotional, who might make the diviner look bad.

Have you heard Vice-President Bidden speak much? So what that man doesnt yell, he sure says some messed up things though. I guess that's OK in your book though? Since he doesn't yell, that is...:D

If anything having Biden as the anti-gunners spokesman and attack dog is the best thing to happen to gun rights in years. Give him a week and he will have everyone so alienated and will have f'd up everything so bad, that Obama will probably keep him hidden in the White House basement for the next four years.

It has nothing to do with yelling, it has to do with peoples character and in Jones case, his sanity. Nugent has plenty of strikes against his character, and as a Father of Four you might appreciate this;

In 1978, Nugent began a relationship with seventeen-year-old Hawaii native Pele Massa. Due to the age difference they could not marry so Nugent joined Massa's parents in signing documents to make himself her legal guardian, an arrangement that Spin magazine ranked in October 2000 as #63 on their list of the "100 Sleaziest Moments in Rock

And this;

In September 2009, Nugent embarked on a hunt near Somerset, El Dorado County, California. He was accompanied by a guide and a cameraman, filming for his Outdoor Channel show "Spirit of the Wild." The video taken appeared in an episode of the show first broadcast on February 9, 2010. California Fish and Game wardens who watched the broadcast noticed that it showed Nugent killing a very young buck which had been attracted by commercial bait. Both the killing of such a young deer and the use of bait are crimes under California state law. On August 13, 2010, he pled no contest in Yuba County to two misdemeanors: illegally baiting a deer, and failing to have a deer tag signed by a government official after a kill. He was fined USD $1,750 by the court and was banned from hunting in California until June 2012. In April 2012 Nugent signed a plea bargaining agreement to plead guilty to two misdemeanors for illegally taking a bear after shooting one earlier at a bait station. He will be fined $10,000, banned from hunting in Alaska and on Federal land for one year and must complete two years on federal probation

And this;

In 2006, an interviewer from the British newspaper The Independent questioned Nugent about a 1977 interview in High Times magazine[65] in which Nugent admitted taking elaborate steps to avoid the Vietnam draft.[57] In the interview Nugent says, contrary to the story in High Times, that "I had a 1Y [student deferment]. I enrolled at Oakland Community College.". However, the Selective Service classification for student deferment is actually 2-S, and medical deferment is 1-Y. A copy of Nugent's Selective Service record shows that he had at separate times both a 1-Y medical deferment and 2-S student deferment. His last examination in 1972 designated him 4-F, lending credence to the evasion story.

Jones on the other hand is a loon. He's done some great things (just as Nugent has) but he's still an unstable loon.

At a loss of words I guess. I'll try anyways. :s0112:

Jones may be a loon in some ways but in many other ways he has brought alot of important things to the attention of millions. He has been doing this for years and while i do not agree with everything he does or says...Don't throw the baby out with the bath water... applies to him.

Now Ted...I have never heard of the stuff about him you are insinuating. The hunting stuff... I actually could care less. I think the rules and regulations are way overboard in the hunting and fishing department. That could be a huge discussions at another time. Now for the draft thing...not sure exactly what I think about it. If I was drafted I would be more then willing to go.

Now that 17 year old thing. Again not sure. If I remember right recently there was a case where an older man and a 17 year old girl had sex. Later they had to go to court because he took pictures of them having sex. The judge said that she was at the age of consent but that her lover committed a crime when he took pictures of the act. Sooo.. I am not sure that Ted did anything wrong. Not sure.

After saying all that...I still believe that we should not rule out people for not having anything important to say just because they may be boisterous and opinionated.

AMEN! Anyone who thinks that Alex Jones seems more credible than Joshua Boston will certainly earn a top spot in my "2013 You've got to be Kidding Me ... What Kind of Idiot Are You?" awards. Pretty disconcerting considering we aren't even to mid January.

Anyone thinks that this guys one letter and one appearance on TV has done more than Alex Jones has over the last 17 years for the Liberty and Truth Movement gets a spot in my "2013 You've got to be Kidding Me ... What Kind of Idiot Are You?" awards. He said what all of us already know and didn't need to be told - WAIT!!! I think I feel the earth moving...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top