JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
BOHICA::

ABC News: Bloomberg group adds another $1M to gun control campaign

ABC News is reporting that anti-gun billionaire Michael Bloomberg's Everytown for Gun Safety has contributed another $1 million to the campaign to pass Initiative 594 in Washington State, but gun rights advocate Alan Gottlieb, heading up the campaign for rival Initiative 591, suggested via e-mail that this signals the gun control camp may be worried.

<broken link removed>

Gun owners,

Do you have mutual funds? Realize where that 0.5% annual fee goes - into Mr. Bloomberg's pocket! His cash flow is institutional trader subscriptions:

http://fortune.com/2014/03/20/can-the-bloomberg-terminal-be-toppled/

If you have a Fidelity account you are bankrolling this anti-gun campaign. Please call up your bank or account rep and explain you won't keep investing money until they switch to a Bloomberg-free workplace.

Last Edited:
I wonder how many lives could have been saved thru programs for suicide prevention, gang interventions, etc compared to the effectiveness of Universal Background Checks". We don't need a new layer of bureaucracy on law-abiding citizens just so Bloomberg can grease his way into heaven when his time comes.

Last Edited:
Is grassroots effort changing minds on Washington gun control measure?

Yesterday's revelation that billionaire Michael Bloomberg's Everytown for Gun Safety lobbying group has dumped another $1 million into the Initiative 594 campaign raised a pointed question last night from a Seattle Times reader reacting to the story.

<broken link removed>

Is grassroots effort changing minds on Washington gun control measure?
Dave,

Just wanted to pause for a minute to let you know that I really appreciate your well written articles and analysis. How you are able to keep generating them at the rate and quality you do, I do not know. But I am glad to have you on our side. :s0155:

Dave,

Just wanted to pause for a minute to let you know that I really appreciate your well written articles and analysis. How you are able to keep generating them at the rate and quality you do, I do not know. But I am glad to have you on our side. :s0155:

I second that!

I'll go from thirding it up to about 18,000ing it. (The current reach each post I make has on FB) Note that Dave has helped tremendously to make that reach possible. Thanks Dave.

Dave,

Looking forward after this election, has there been any thought about a lessons-learns after action review? I'd like to think that the pro-2nd amendment groups in Oregon should get together with the Washington side and exchange notes and learn what worked/didn't work.

I know Oregon is in the future sights, and the gun-controllers are probably just waiting Nov. 4th out to see the results of our close election before making their next move (legislation or ballot). I'd like to get a head start NOW instead of waiting 1-2 years when something similar could be happening here.

The big thing I see in this election is that it seems to be impossible to get the reality of I-594 out to the non firearm community. The local press here in Oregon glosses over it as a measure that "closes the gun show loophole" and won't give any more information than that.

The only place you can get the truth is on radio talk shows and if you are listening to them you already know how toxic it is. We need Bloomburg/Gates/Allen bux to make the commercial spots that show how simply loaning a gun to your daughter (who is being stalked) can result in prosecution under this law.

We need to start building a war chest for the next election the day after this one is over. We don't have rich sugar daddy elitists in our corner.

Let's see what happens. A lot will depend on how successful we have been. From my POV we created a coalition of groups that are not competing with each other but rather are working together. That and encouraging grassroots efforts by individuals rather than relying on anyone to come rescue us.

Dave,

Looking forward after this election, has there been any thought about a lessons-learns after action review? I'd like to think that the pro-2nd amendment groups in Oregon should get together with the Washington side and exchange notes and learn what worked/didn't work.

I know Oregon is in the future sights, and the gun-controllers are probably just waiting Nov. 4th out to see the results of our close election before making their next move (legislation or ballot). I'd like to get a head start NOW instead of waiting 1-2 years when something similar could be happening here.

The first lesson: Gottlieb is NOT a "traitor" and that kind of BS needs to leave the lexicon. We're all in this together.
The second lesson: All the chest-thumping crap about "we should do this, we should do that" is NO substitute for personal action (i.e. volunteering, networking, putting up yard signs, DONATING)

The first lesson: Gottlieb is NOT a "traitor" and that kind of BS needs to leave the lexicon. We're all in this together.
The second lesson: All the chest-thumping crap about "we should do this, we should do that" is NO substitute for personal action (i.e. volunteering, networking, putting up yard signs, DONATING)

#1 I agree. Gottlieb is playing a game of chess, something the gun-controllers are now playing sine they can afford it with the backing of Bloombergs $$$$$. Gottlieb is adapting to the changes as best he can. Whack-A-Mole has worked for us on a lot of occasions in the past, but we also need to adopt to the new games like i594, or loose. "Adapt or die" as the saying goes.

#2 Also agree. If anything I've learned this last year (or look at any special interest group getting their way on a specific want, no mater how crazy it is). Talk is cheap and doesn't go far, unless your a politician or in the media and can command public air time. Getting out and doing something is 100 times more effective than playing arm-chair quarterback. And it is a heck of a lot more rewarding, especially if you have kids.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top