JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, you could make a rifling machine at home your self, all you need is the abilities to mill a few parts, and a big engine hoist ram and some long steel rod to drive a button through your blank! Hell, you can even bore your own blanks pretty easy on a small lathe!
Have a look at how simple the old Pratt & Whitney sine bar riffling machines are, and that is within the basic capabilities of a manual mill!

You are not wrong. Will still be hard to make a barrel the same quality as say a ballistic advantage, for less than a few hundred.

Will still need to cut the chamber, get a barrel extension(if those are not controlled too) amd torque it on.

Has port is pretty easy.

In just don't think we will see the same longevity and quality, but they will still sling lead.
You can cut chambers by ECM as well just fwiw. Barrel extensions are not needed for everything, but I suspect those could be done as well. (I have not got instructions on that part.

Actually, you could make a rifling machine at home your self, all you need is the abilities to mill a few parts, and a big engine hoist ram and some long steel rod to drive a button through your blank! Hell, you can even bore your own blanks pretty easy on a small lathe!
Have a look at how simple the old Pratt & Whitney sine bar riffling machines are, and that is within the basic capabilities of a manual mill!
easier with a 3d printer, power source, wire and salt water.

Sure, but you still need to rifle it, and that takes a few additional steps! Ether a mandrel to forge the rifling into, or a cutter to force through and draw the rifling with it, or a button to scrape the rifling out!

Sure, but you still need to rifle it, and that takes a few additional steps! Ether a mandrel to forge the rifling into, or a cutter to force through and draw the rifling with it, or a button to scrape the rifling out!
Nope, I posted the material needed to rifle it with ECM. Essentially you use electricity to rifle it. To cut your bore and rifle it, and put a chamber in it. You can get the material needed to rifle a barrel for less than $100. As long as you have access to a 3d printer. If you want a pdf of instructions including BOM, you can message me your email.

I am debating making a 9mm TC Encore barrel via this process.

and soon someone will come out with an 80% upper jig as efficient as the 5d tactical lower jig. lemme know where to invest! LOL :rolleyes::D

prob already exists
I'd love to see an "80%" A1 or A2 fixed carry handle upper that can be offered slick(no deflector ears or forward assist) or with options to select one or both... would be nice for a .300blk version of the Colt Commando ;)

Firearm Frame or Receiver
That part of a firearm which provides housing for the hammer, bolt or breechblock, and firing mechanism, and which is usually threaded at its forward portion to receive the barrel.
That right there, the second bolded is where the ATF is being tripped by the Judge in California... because it didnt have lawyerspeak like and/or; it technically in the letter of the law, means for the receiver to be called a firearm, legally it must consist of both the breechblock/hammer/bolt(any of those 3) assembly and firing mechanism.

For pistol barrels it appears that lighter equipment will do (this guy's channel is worth a watch, 0% pistols):

This might have a bad unintended consequence; what if the ATF rules that both the upper and lower must be serialized? What if congress changes the law to requires both upper and lower to be serialized? And this then means that we can't buy uppers without an FFL transfer?
Good luck with that! How many million uppers are out there already?
BCG's?
They will paint themselves into a real corner with that one.
I imagine their solution will be an outrage.:mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads