JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status

He claims zero responsibility and says "no, no" when asked if he feels any guilt.

Un-effing-believable. :mad:

He claims zero responsibility and says "no, no" when asked if he feels any guilt.

Un-effing-believable. :mad:
That story indicated it was "antique" -- which is fake news. Probably planted Baldwin's spin team. It was a modern replica made by Pietta.

Adam Baldwin rocks. My favorite actor of all time now:

transferBar.png

Another wrinkle -- Pietta seems to make both transfer bar models and models with the firing pin stuck to the hammer. I'm holding out hope that this was a transfer bar model. That would make his lies all the more hilarious.
I think it was the antique, pin on the hammer, model for the movies, or we would all squawk if we saw newer model.

Ok, doing a little unofficial science here, I have 4 single action revolvers of my own, plus 3 of Dad's, cocking the hammers is not only required, ( We All Knew That) but, unless you actually cock the hammer ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE FIRING NOTCH, the cylinder will not fully rotate to the next live cylinder, so any theory that he may have thumbed the hammer only partially, or snagged it in something and it went off is also COMPLETE BULLSH!T!
Nope, he is still Phucking Guilty of Murder!
Even if there was an issue with the sear and the hammer somehow tripped without touching the trigger wouldn't the hammer stop on the 2nd notch or even the first notch?

I think it was the antique, pin on the hammer, model for the movies, or we would all squawk if we saw newer model.
Here's my beef with the word "antique". Very old worn out things are commonly known to not work. The gun was absolutely not an antique it was a replica of an antique gun, but it was of new, non-worn out manufacture. The article I complained about did not say "antique-style" (e.g., replica) -- it just said "antique" and that's a lie because of all the baggage that word carries.

Even if there was an issue with the sear and the hammer somehow tripped without touching the trigger wouldn't the hammer stop on the 2nd notch or even the first notch?
That's interesting -- anyone have a Pietta to test? Cock it, thumb the spur, pull the trigger, let hammer move forward slightly, release trigger, release hammer.

Alec Baldwin: I Was Told 'Rust' Gun Was 'Cold' –" It Discharged After I Let Go of the Hammer "

:rolleyes:

So now... A "cold" gun means... No rounds, or just blanks that go boom?
WTF is a 'hot" gun then???

Our temps have been unseasonably warm. Like a high of 60, and that is right before dawn today.

THIS is true!

The weather has been really STRANGE.

My husband and his friend went to the range on Thursday to test his old friend's NEW gun!

My husband had different RF ammunition for him to try out plus his buddy had some of his own. They had fun but it was a bit windy at the range compared to normal.

His old friend is 80 or so (?) years old and he still shoots like a champ too!

I think that my husband shot 80 some rounds of 22lr out of HIS own pistol too.

It was a NICE day and they were not freezing their butts off AND wearing ICE CLEATS on their shoes or boots too! LOL

Take care.

Old Lady Cate

Well, they did have a lot of NDs on that set... part of the reason crew walked out.

Were those diff guns, or the same one that AB used?

It's easy enough to verify his claim... if the gun was defective, it should be repeatable. But nobody else on the set has claimed the gun is/was defective. And IIRC it was taken out off set and shot for fun/practice.

Did the popo examine the firearm? What did they say?

It was a NICE day and they were not freezing their butts off AND wearing ICE CLEATS on their shoes or boots too! LOL
If this keeps up, I may actually get to shoot .22 steel silhouette matches this year, and w/o wearing my pac boots!!! (ETA: these matches are only in winter)

Last Edited:
That story indicated it was "antique" -- which is fake news. Probably planted Baldwin's spin team. It was a modern replica made by Pietta.
Yes, I have read that it was a modern replica too.

It was not an antique.

Cate

That means that he REPEATEDLY drew the weapon, as claimed by at least one witness. Since the SA revolver cannot discharge w/o being cocked, he was probably cocking and pullng the trigger each time prior to reholstering, then OOOOps, a live round.
ETA: Soooooo, he repeatedly draws the handgun, cocks it each time, and the ONE TIME the hammer fails it just happens to be on a live round????? Oy vey.

Well, they did have a lot of NDs on that set... part of the reason crew walked out.

Were those diff guns, or the same one that AB used?

It's easy enough to verify his claim... if the gun was defective, it should be repeatable. But nobody else on the set has claimed the gun is/was defective. And IIRC it was taken out off set and shot for fun/practice.

Did the popo examine the firearm? What did they say?
They tested it and IT is being tested some more.

ALL of this is still under investigation by the POLICE/SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT and even the FBI. The FBI was called in from the GITGO and I do not know if it is because that land (Ranch where they FILM a BUNCH OF MOVIES and where RUST was being filmed.) may or may not have been on the RESERVATION.

There are so MANY STORIES about this that it is too much for me to do searches for you now but if you do some of your own... in the BEGINNING of this thread or on the Texas forum - it tells a LOT MORE about the gun, guns, extras - people in the film, other witnesses, ALL OF THE WALK OUTS and their safety - union/non union complaints, THEIR GUNS, and tons more.

Plus there is a LOT more updated information since ALL of that was originally posted.

Take care.

Cate

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show