JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is a pic from a recent outing at ARPC, setup a little shooting gallery for some friends, froze some bottles of water, hung some clay targets, and setup a few target stands. Also had some reactive bouncing balls, and some larger bottles of colored water. Had a great time, with some AR's, Shotguns, Pistols and a couple 22. rifles.

I believe this was Bay #4 There are berms on both sides, and a Hill as a back stop.
Photo Jan 02, 12 44 37 AM.jpg

Photo Jan 02, 12 44 37 AM.jpg

Plus, you don't have to worry about getting murdered out in the woods :)

Generally I'm pretty well armed when I head to the woods to go shooting. I don't understand why this would be an issue.

I guess the thought of having to pay someone to go shooting doesn't sit well with me. I lived in Lincoln City and could shoot within 5 minutes of my home. Now, I'm in Portland and have to drive 45 minutes to shoot in the forest. But again, I can go and shoot whatever targets I want, in any fashion I want, and only have to pay for targets and ammo. I can walk up to the targets whenever I want, I can shoot from any range I want, and I can shoot clays, potatoes, paper plates, shotgun shells, plywood, and anything I want to. I'm responsible enough to clean up after myself (and usually after others too).

The only benefit to a dedicated range is a known distance range for sighting stuff in... But, knowing how many feet are in a yard means I can get close enough for my goals just by pacing things off.

My wife bought me a really cool Nikon Range Finder for this very purpose. So there is no benefit for me to join an organized range. Unless I wanted to be treated like I was 12 years old.

.......So there is no benefit for me to join an organized range. Unless I wanted to be treated like I was 12 years old.
There are responsibilities to others around you when at a range and the rules are meant to keep everyone safe. I've never felt that they were demeaning or childish. Sorry you feel this way.

Here is a pic from a recent outing at ARPC, setup a little shooting gallery for some friends, froze some bottles of water, hung some clay targets, and setup a few target stands. Also had some reactive bouncing balls, and some larger bottles of colored water. Had a great time, with some AR's, Shotguns, Pistols and a couple 22. rifles.

I believe this was Bay #4 There are berms on both sides, and a Hill as a back stop.
View attachment 51750

That looks like fun. Wish I was one of your friends.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top