JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is a pic from a recent outing at ARPC, setup a little shooting gallery for some friends, froze some bottles of water, hung some clay targets, and setup a few target stands. Also had some reactive bouncing balls, and some larger bottles of colored water. Had a great time, with some AR's, Shotguns, Pistols and a couple 22. rifles.

I believe this was Bay #4 There are berms on both sides, and a Hill as a back stop.
Photo Jan 02, 12 44 37 AM.jpg

Photo Jan 02, 12 44 37 AM.jpg

Plus, you don't have to worry about getting murdered out in the woods :)

Generally I'm pretty well armed when I head to the woods to go shooting. I don't understand why this would be an issue.

I guess the thought of having to pay someone to go shooting doesn't sit well with me. I lived in Lincoln City and could shoot within 5 minutes of my home. Now, I'm in Portland and have to drive 45 minutes to shoot in the forest. But again, I can go and shoot whatever targets I want, in any fashion I want, and only have to pay for targets and ammo. I can walk up to the targets whenever I want, I can shoot from any range I want, and I can shoot clays, potatoes, paper plates, shotgun shells, plywood, and anything I want to. I'm responsible enough to clean up after myself (and usually after others too).

The only benefit to a dedicated range is a known distance range for sighting stuff in... But, knowing how many feet are in a yard means I can get close enough for my goals just by pacing things off.

My wife bought me a really cool Nikon Range Finder for this very purpose. So there is no benefit for me to join an organized range. Unless I wanted to be treated like I was 12 years old.

.......So there is no benefit for me to join an organized range. Unless I wanted to be treated like I was 12 years old.
There are responsibilities to others around you when at a range and the rules are meant to keep everyone safe. I've never felt that they were demeaning or childish. Sorry you feel this way.

Here is a pic from a recent outing at ARPC, setup a little shooting gallery for some friends, froze some bottles of water, hung some clay targets, and setup a few target stands. Also had some reactive bouncing balls, and some larger bottles of colored water. Had a great time, with some AR's, Shotguns, Pistols and a couple 22. rifles.

I believe this was Bay #4 There are berms on both sides, and a Hill as a back stop.
View attachment 51750

That looks like fun. Wish I was one of your friends.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top