JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to re-align the entire 2” tall front sight assembly on an AK47 so it actually points straight up as opposed to being canted 1-2 degrees off of “true north.”

Of course, the front sight post itself is adjustable for windage, but by the time it is properly zeroed (with a stock non-adjustable rear sight), the front post sits off to the right side of the assembly looking something like this (__i). Not the end of the world, but somewhat distracting.

Rather than bang on the gun with a mallet like one guy does on YouTube, I need a pro gunsmith to pop the pin, adjust the angle (which is visibly not aligned with the rifle), drill it for a bigger pin and put it back together - straight.

Who does this in Portland? Approximate cost? Turnaround time?

Thanks in advance for leads.

I do not think there is an AK gunsmith in portland.

Likely you can do it better than any of the gunsmiths locally.

But if you really must ask someone else to do it, try tornado tech, he may or may not tackle the project. He is better known for doing SBR or barrel work but will do other work as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top