JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How could I attach a red dot or holo sight on my WASR? Looking for something a little budget friendly. Thanks
Like this?

4DA22E13-1DA3-48F7-A1F7-3470F089BECD.jpeg

Attero Arms, I like the Bravo mount

And he's right in Portland
Awesome.
Exactly

So here's what I found interesting

What you think these are?

I don't think that they are Chinese manufactured

@Knobgoblin @wired
Wanna know what I think?

I think Atlantic is gonna ask $75 -80 each for them. I also think they won't ship into WA state with our stupid new mag ban.

Dude with beard probably has the best theory, N K mags with Chinese followers. No mention of where this surplus was picked up in video. That information might be....uh...informative.

I also think they won't ship into WA state with our stupid new mag ban.
I looked at their other AK mags, and the they do have Washington right there at the bottom, in alphabetical order, with the OTHER dem-sucked up states. I was actually surprised Atlantic had mags? I ought to grab me a few more of those surplus, used mags. Those are so appropriate for an AK, IMO.

Are you sure it is not the other way around? Texas Weapon Systems was founded in 2009 and Attero Arms was founded in 2011. Speaking personally I saw the TWS version first.
Not sure who was before who.
Attero Arms mainly makes and sells the red dot mounts, where as Taxas Weapon System sells lots of rails, mounts and other products, so who copied who on the red dot mount?
Hard telling, not knowing!

A little AK knowledge and help here.

Actual M77 308 cal magazines are available from Zeleny Sports in Prague . They ship to the US . They run 40 euro a piece and are the same mags that sell for 5X that much on gunbroker. You can also get M70 practice grenades for 40 Euros as well as Zastava New Old Stock buttstocks and other parts. They also have parts that are unobtanium in the US like bolt on factory M21 folders that fit the M70/90 etc.

This M77 was fully equipped with parts from Zeleny's

fKwVka.jpg

Last Edited:
So it's come to my attention that few people know what converted vs nonconverted refers to when it comes to AK that are brought in from other places… so I will make a quick statement about it… certain people in our government and country are anti everything and they wanted to demonize firearms based on appearance. Yep the AK is just one of those things that has been targeted… manufacturers then decided to sporterize them and make them look less military-like… so they attached a shotgun looking stock. Made them single stack mags and either they put the slant kind of brake on it or they left them unthreaded. Also they had to have the 922r compliance stuff.

So that means in order to fire the rifle the trigger has to be within reach. In order to accomplish this it means that the trigger is set further away from the magwell… usually far towards the end of the receiver. I will use photos from the internet to illustrate.

2880CE1E-5561-4A4E-A621-D061D15E267E.jpeg DD62146B-C6F2-4646-8731-388BC25B3EDD.jpeg
Unconverted top and bottom is the converted as far as trigger

Anybody ever had any work done by M13 Industries or CW Gunworks? What was your experience like with them?

In my continued improvements towards modernizing the WASR, it's barrel chop and pin and weld time!

While I really don't want to be the one to take this thread beyond page 47 for obvious reasons, It is time to resurrect it. I am soon to be owner of an American made AKM and have been watching a lot of Rob Ski and other AK content lately. I just learned my first interesting cool kid AK term. "Cobra bite". 🤣

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads