JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
See below...

Not really. I have zero issue with Circle 10 mags and have several, but I won't own a polymer AK mag without steel reinforced feed lips AND locking lugs. So unless Magpul has addressed that issue they can keep them as far as I'm concerned. Combloc steel mags are an excellent way to go, but not the only.
And there isn't anything wrong with your thinking my friend. I have magpul AK mags that have steel feedlips and locking lugs but I have not had a single issue with the non steel reinforced magpul mags either. BTW Titts, there are factory combloc polymer non steel reinforced 5.56 AK mags that are used in large numbers with no issues. In the end its good to have choices right?

While I am ok with the utilitarian triangle side folder on my first AK I kind of want a solid LH side folding stock to match the border guard green pistol grip and and upper hand guard. Any vendors make such an animal? I guess my other option would be to paint one to match but that might not be doable without professional help.
You might have answered your own question lol. You are talking a factory triangle metal stock?

See below...

Not really. I have zero issue with Circle 10 mags and have several, but I won't own a polymer AK mag without steel reinforced feed lips AND locking lugs. So unless Magpul has addressed that issue they can keep them as far as I'm concerned. Combloc steel mags are an excellent way to go, but not the only.
I just own some of everything.

Except tapcos, no real reason. I actually gave my buddy every tapco ak mag I got wheeling and dealing over the years. Phucker got dozens of free range mags off me.

BTW Titts, there are factory combloc polymer non steel reinforced 5.56 AK mags that are used in large numbers with no issues. In the end its good to have choices right?
I have seen those but don't have a 5.56 AK so I've never had any and based on what I've seen with polymer mags in 7.26 I'm not sure I would use them if I did. Choices are good, some are better than other.

Found this on my phone, me at a PR match 2004-ish...

5AC382C2-F03E-4A26-B856-FFA266440B52.jpeg

The 10rd tapco's that I originally purchased for a ks47 build but did not fit, work great in the psak47. I had them in the classifieds here for awhile but no takers and now I am glad. 10 rounders come in handy at the bench as you don't have to have the gun way high off the bench to accommodate those big ol' 30 round bananas!

Good enough combat accuracy, hard hitting round, easy to clean and does its intended purpose well. No complaints from me, in the end its good to have different tools for different jobs.
And even wrong-handed! 😂

it's also good to have multiple tools for the same job! One is none, two is one…. Or maybe 6 is one and anything less isn't trying hard enough?

Good Friday, fellas.

Good enough combat accuracy, hard hitting round, easy to clean and does its intended purpose well. No complaints from me, in the end its good to have different tools for different jobs.
I always snicker when I hear people regurgitating AKM myths such as that they are wildly inaccurate, etc. The AK will absolutely 100% take care of business at typical engagement distances.

I always snicker when I hear people regurgitating AKM myths such as that they are wildly inaccurate, etc. The AK will absolutely 100% take care of business at typical engagement distances.
Absolutely correct, not as accurate as an AR but not far off. There is a reason why the AK is so regarded around the world by many countries. There are situations I will take the AK, and others when the AR is a better choice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top