JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This M72 got a good review from one of the members here and it's back in stock.

Last Edited:
Ive always avoided 5.45. If there ever was a round that would never make it past the surplus placental barrier that is it. Once the surplus is gone its game over especially with Russian imports dead for good.
Well, now we gotta wait on Romania and/or Bulgaria to hit the ammo market. Well, Romania kind of is at CAI's leisure so...

Hopefully someone will finally start making reloadable brass in 5.45. I shoot two cartridges that I don't reload, because of general unavailability of brass and dies- 5.45x39 and 7.62x45. I keep hoping that someday that will change.

I'm glad I stocked up on several cans of surplus 5.45 ammo some years back, when it was something like $99 for a tin of 1080 rounds. Realistically though, considering how I very rarely shoot an AK, and almost never 5.45, I should just sell it all and be done with it. :)

I don't know if it's the ammo or the guns in general, but I've had two 5.45 rifles over the last couple decades, and neither one was reasonably accurate, like 8moa or so.

Hopefully someone will finally start making reloadable brass in 5.45. I shoot two cartridges that I don't reload, because of general unavailability of brass and dies- 5.45x39 and 7.62x45. I keep hoping that someday that will change.

I'm glad I stocked up on several cans of surplus 5.45 ammo some years back, when it was something like $99 for a tin of 1080 rounds. Realistically though, considering how I very rarely shoot an AK, and almost never 5.45, I should just sell it all and be done with it. :)

I don't know if it's the ammo or the guns in general, but I've had two 5.45 rifles over the last couple decades, and neither one was reasonably accurate, like 8moa or so.
If you have century builds, it may be that the barrels are actually 5.56 .

Ever noticed if your rounds "keyhole " on paper targets?

If you have century builds, it may be that the barrels are actually 5.56 .

Ever noticed if your rounds "keyhole " on paper targets?
No, the first one was a long time ago so I forget what it was, but it was European with the original barrel. The second one was a "kit" put together by a gunsmith on a bought receiver, with a U.S. barrel. That barrel was so inaccurate it hardly qualified as a rifle, like 12" @100 at best. A buddy bought an identical rifle at the same time, with the same problem. We bought a couple of original surplus barrels (Bulgarian, I think) and had them installed, with the resulting 6-8" accuracy at best. The smith supposedly had a good reputation.

I've never been impressed with AK accuracy. I've always heard of the 2-3" guns, but have personally never shot one that would do better than about 6". I don't doubt they exist; I've just never shot one.

No, the first one was a long time ago so I forget what it was, but it was European with the original barrel. The second one was a "kit" put together by a gunsmith on a bought receiver, with a U.S. barrel. That barrel was so inaccurate it hardly qualified as a rifle, like 12" @100 at best. A buddy bought an identical rifle at the same time, with the same problem. We bought a couple of original surplus barrels (Bulgarian, I think) and had them installed, with the resulting 6-8" accuracy at best. The smith supposedly had a good reputation.

I've never been impressed with AK accuracy. I've always heard of the 2-3" guns, but have personally never shot one that would do better than about 6". I don't doubt they exist; I've just never shot one.
Sub MOA . Seriously

PXL_20210717_123428005.jpg

I do not doubt you, but I expect it's far from an "average" AK. :)

If there's some secret to making them shoot better, I'd like to know it. Every one I've ever owned or shot has been maybe 6moa at best, including my favorite MAK90. I've heard accuracy problems blamed on Wolf ammo, but I helped a friend set up his x39 AR a while back, and was surprised to see it group 1.5-2moa with cheap Wolf ammo.

Page not found.

I'm just trying to decide if I should shoot my open 7N6 , and save the one case of golden tiger 5.45 I have.

Lol , I bought the golden tiger to save my 7N6 initially, but I still see spam cans for sale occasionally.
7N6 is more valuable.
You have the Russian ban and the 7N6 specific ban no matter where is comes from, working against you.
Hopefully the other manufacturers will be able to supply 5.45x39 ammo.

I do not doubt you, but I expect it's far from an "average" AK. :)

If there's some secret to making them shoot better, I'd like to know it. Every one I've ever owned or shot has been maybe 6moa at best, including my favorite MAK90. I've heard accuracy problems blamed on Wolf ammo, but I helped a friend set up his x39 AR a while back, and was surprised to see it group 1.5-2moa with cheap Wolf ammo.
They're "rubbery" in super slow motion.
:)

Ak and whether it's sub moa or not is not relevant for me. It's a combat style rifle that was designed to be easy to use that even a kid can use it, reliable and least amount of parts that could break. I would rather have a rifle that was designed that way vs something that punched holes in paper that is sub moa. And if I can ring a 8" steel plate at 500 yards then it's more than accurate.

Sub moa on paper and I would have bought a 6.5 creedmoor and pretended it was my shtf combat rifle but to each their own. I just like firearms… even the ugly ones like the H&K P7

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads