JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The AK will never die as long as our civilisation exists. Personally, I'm full up on personal AKs, BUT if someone would market a decent (not Century) 5.56x45 AK I'd be in for one or two and a stack of mags... I think the Chinese made one years ago but I have yet to see one...
Coming from a person that shoots 5.56 AKs the answer it easy in the form of a 106FR, SA M5, or a 106CR. But for money sakes just get a Galil Ace in 5.56 imo preferably a Gen 1 to save weight. For the $ the Ace is hard to beat.

5.56 AKs are fun, but finding mags is not fun. You could convert it to take AR mags but it requires messing with the trunnion, otherwise better off buying a zastava that has the mag adapter from the start or a galil ace.

Preferrably the zastava tbh.

5.56 AKs are fun, but finding mags is not fun. You could convert it to take AR mags but it requires messing with the trunnion, otherwise better off buying a zastava that has the mag adapter from the start or a galil ace.

Assuming podarms 556 followers come back into stock soon (and why wouldn't they, they're 3d printed) they could just buy magpul or circle 10's if they're cheap and do a follower swap

Ahhh disagree on the AKs that take (10)/AC Unity etc style mags are not that hard to find. On the other hand Chinese mags different story. As far as AKs that take AR mags is practical to share mags with your ARs, but none of mine do but that's personal preference. Good to have options tho right?

Assuming podarms 556 followers come back into stock soon (and why wouldn't they, they're 3d printed) they could just buy magpul or circle 10's if they're cheap and do a follower swap
If the follower swap works, sure. Some guns will still have issues with it. I used to use jb weld putty to build up some followers for different guns. Now I just stick to 5.56 AK mags.
Ahhh disagree on the AKs that take (10)/AC Unity etc style mags are not that hard to find. On the other hand Chinese mags different story. As far as AKs that take AR mags is practical to share mags with your ARs, but none of mine do but that's personal preference. Good to have options tho right?
I spent $50 on black beryl mags, and green beryl mags are the cheapest reliable option. I've had smoke circle 10 mags crack just from being loaded for a month, no other mag I have has done this. So I only trust the beryl mags, AK-101 mags, black circle 10s, etc.

Thanks to all of the above ( with the greatest respect) for giving me more reasons to avoid 5.56 aks. I have at least 7k rounds of quality import 5.45 ,and plenty of mags for 3 rifles. Reckon I'll just keep buying spam cans any time they're $300-$350.

Tbf, its not like AK74 mags are cheap either. Between the two I usually shoot 5.56 more.

Nothing against 5.45, but I just end up with more 5.56 ammo despite not having any ARs again (I can't seem to find an AR I'm willing to keep :(), only other 5.56 guns are my springfield hellion and the sig 550. Both of which I got well after getting the arsenal 106.

I spent $50 on black beryl mags, and green beryl mags are the cheapest reliable option. I've had smoke circle 10 mags crack just from being loaded for a month, no other mag I have has done this. So I only trust the beryl mags, AK-101 mags, black circle 10s, etc.
Black (10) mags are top of the food chain for 5.56 mags, the smoke (10) mags are well known for cracking and should be avoided as its common knowledge. I have ran the black (10) for many years and never had a crack, Beryl 5.56 mags also. Recently bought a bunch of AC Unity 5.56 mags and they seem to be holding up well, bit may require some fitting.

Black (10) mags are top of the food chain for 5.56 mags, the smoke (10) mags are well known for cracking and should be avoided as its common knowledge. I have ran the black (10) for many years and never had a crack, Beryl 5.56 mags also. Recently bought a bunch of AC Unity 5.56 mags and they seem to be holding up well, bit may require some fitting.
I have one black circle 10, lost count of black beryl mags, and 4 greens.

I have one smoke mag that isn't cracked, and it sits collecting dust for a reason. Maybe the rest should ask Poland how they can make a good translucent mag without reinforcements.

Reckon I'll just keep buying spam cans any time they're $300-$350.

75B8276A-5E41-4E5C-8048-09E98A97CDC5.jpeg

Tbf, its not like AK74 mags are cheap either. Between the two I usually shoot 5.56 more.

Nothing against 5.45, but I just end up with more 5.56 ammo despite not having any ARs again (I can't seem to find an AR I'm willing to keep :(), only other 5.56 guns are my springfield hellion and the sig 550. Both of which I got well after getting the arsenal 106.
Do you like the Hellion better than the Styer and Tavor you used to have?

Thanks to all of the above ( with the greatest respect) for giving me more reasons to avoid 5.56 aks. I have at least 7k rounds of quality import 5.45 ,and plenty of mags for 3 rifles. Reckon I'll just keep buying spam cans any time they're $300-$350.
I personally don't need yet another caliber at this point in my life..:eek: Best wishes to those of us who can and do, however!:)

Do you like the Hellion better than the Styer and Tavor you used to have?
I should reiterate though. Selling the AUG also made me realize how much I like the AK. I have an AK in 7.62x39, 5.56, 5.45, .308, and 9mm.

I don't even have an AR atm in any of the above, no matter how often I keep trying to like the AR. Hell, I sold my BRN-180s build to get a 9mm AK!

Now that I am dabbling in the dark art of AK's, where in Western WA can I get parts? I have called around a bit with no luck. Mail order is great but I would gladly support a local vendor if there was one.

Also, is there a trigger available that has a defined wall? The stock psa trigger is light enough but has a rolling break. I put in an ALG trigger and it shortened the length to break and the reset but it is still a rolling break.

Now that I am dabbling in the dark art of AK's, where in Western WA can I get parts? I have called around a bit with no luck. Mail order is great but I would gladly support a local vendor if there was one.

Also, is there a trigger available that has a defined wall? The stock psa trigger is light enough but has a rolling break. I put in an ALG trigger and it shortened the length to break and the reset but it is still a rolling break.
Red Star Arms, they have an adjustable trigger that can be set up as a two stage.

Lol.
Nobody stocks actual surplus ak stuff.
Magpul furniture and maybe the occasional ALG triggers and springs. Even the Larry Vickers blue force slings get snatched up quick.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top