JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AK 47 carrier assembly question :
When re-installing the carrier, can the bolt go in just one way ?
In other words, is this re-install idiot-proof ?
Nothing is idiot proof. Push the hammer down, with the trigger pulled. extend the bolt push the carrier and bolt down onto the hammer and push the carrier forward.

Nothing is idiot proof. Push the hammer down, with the trigger pulled. extend the bolt push the carrier and bolt down onto the hammer and push the carrier forward.
I get all that.
Being weaned on AR's, the AR seems to give more "feedback" when it goes into battery.
This AK doesn't seem to, and I was wondering if there's any way to foul up the clocking of the bolt ?
I'm guessing that if the carrier goes home, the bolt is in correctly.

I get all that.
Being weaned on AR's, the AR seems to give more "feedback" when it goes into battery.
This AK doesn't seem to, and I was wondering if there's any way to foul up the clocking of the bolt ?
I'm guessing that if the carrier goes home, the bolt is in correctly.
Only way way it will go in.

I'm looking for an AKM wooden handguard I'm looking for blonde wood similar to those pictures does anybody know where I can get some reasonably priced handguard locally or online? 01F01746-8F12-4E94-9672-525CF9D5F6EA.jpeg 0145973F-0B8E-41A2-BC4E-D9E8776FCEAC.jpeg

I'm looking for an AKM wooden handguard I'm looking for blonde wood similar to those pictures does anybody know where I can get some reasonably priced handguard locally or online? View attachment 1010202View attachment 1010201
I'll look through my bits box.
I'm pretty sure they all went away already, but I will look. Afternoon.

Update. No blonde, just a Bulgarian 74 set . Wood, painted doodoo brown.

Good luck man.

Last Edited:
I ordered a Blue Force Gear Standard AK sling. I had a military surplus Polish sling which worked OK lacked the quick adjustment feature. I have Blue Force Gear on my AR and like the adjustability of it so I needed one for my AK as well. :)

Last Edited:
I ordered a Blue Force Gear Standard AK sling. I had a military surplus Polish sling which worked OK lacked the quick adjustment feature. I have Blue Force Gear on my AR and like the adjustability of it sonI needed one for my AK as well. :)
I found a NOS Chinese sling for my Yugo.
It has the leather tabs for attachment and they are a holy mother to deal with.
Once on it looks great on the Yugo.

I love Blue Force Gear but I don't like that cable connection.
I'd be tempted to put the Polish/Russian clip on the BFG in lieu of the cable connector.

I found a NOS Chinese sling for my Yugo.
It has the leather tabs for attachment and they are a holy mother to deal with.
Once on it looks great on the Yugo.

I love Blue Force Gear but I don't like that cable connection.
I'd be tempted to put the Polish/Russian clip on the BFG in lieu of the cable connector.
I like the front connector of BFG one since has some kind plastic covering it. My Polish AK sling just had a bare metal clip.

I don't know if tape would work for the Russian sling clip.
I think you're stuck with metal on metal.
I'm warming up to those leather tabs on what some call the SKS sling.
Just like an AK sling only with leather tab connectors.

For the collectors, incorrect on a Yugo, but still looks traditional.
I put electric tape on everything.

It's even the traditional finger bandage of my profession

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews