JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know a quality brand chest rig that I can use for my akm? I mainly use 20 rounders because that's just what I prefer. Not looking for a rig that has a plate insert. Just mainly to hold my mags. Anyone has any suggestions?

How many mags are you looking to hold? Whats your budget?

Fwiw - I have a Tactical Tailor MAV and a 3 mag rifle pouch. Also added two pistol mags to the front. The MAV is just a cumberbund of PALS webbing you configure how you want. Its not a plate carrier but does have a map pouch behind the pals.

You can put any make of pouches that use molle attachment - tac tailor makes singles doubles and triple carriers for rifle mags and a whole slew of other pouches and combos.

SOE also makes good stuff and all their gear - per the owner is designed around AK mags because if its made for ak it works for ar but not necessarily the other way around. They make a compact chest rig that has 2 or 3 rifle mags plus pistol mags and iirc a med kit pouch.

If that isnt quite in your budget - Condor has some rigs that might work for you. Not as rugged but if this isnt meant as a go to war rig the condor should be fine.

I was going by an interview done with him a few months ago by students of the gun homeroom on youtube. He stated they build all their gear with aks in mind as opposed to ars for the reason that ak pouches will always fit ar mags but it doesnt work the other way around. Maybe he meant all their newer designs or redesigns. Good stuff either way. Still debating on getting one of his belts even tho my Wilderness has never let me down.

Does anyone know a quality brand chest rig that I can use for my akm? I mainly use 20 rounders because that's just what I prefer. Not looking for a rig that has a plate insert. Just mainly to hold my mags. Anyone has any suggestions?
Save up for a chicom mil chest rig. Possibly the most comfortable one around.

Tactical tailor in Lakewood is an excellent choice. You can order online as well.
There is also Grey Ghost Gear. Their company is based in Idaho but they have a retail shop in Auburn, Wa.
Again you can orde online. They make quality gear.

Shaddox Tactical in Cornelius Oregon makes some excellent rigs, try them out, he has a lot of fabric and colors to choose from, I got a rig and last stand belt made form him in digital camo, they held up nicely in rain and snow.

http://www.shaddoxtactical.com/

Last Edited:
Maybe duct tape one magazine to the other.. and move this to the proper forum?

You can suggest the proper forum even though it was posted a week ago. I'm not a "well known member" so I don't know everything on here. Also if I did that and took off the duct tape when I'm not using it, I'd have to clean off the adhesive everytime. Also I wouldn't want to duct tape 6 mags together. It would make me look like sketchy people who are starting wildfires and shutting down blm shooting areas. Or the reason why the entire SW/SE Portland is covered in smoke.

So if a tactical vest is called a 'shoot me first ' vest is this the ' snipe that fool in the head NOW' rig?
i don't understand what the rig is for. Why put something on that will draw the most fire on ones self?

So if a tactical vest is called a 'shoot me first ' vest is this the ' snipe that fool in the head NOW' rig?
i don't understand what the rig is for. Why put something on that will draw the most fire on ones self?

Explain your logic? I'm in not in a warzone. How will i be targetted by wearing a rig? I just prefer wearing a vest instead of carrying a duffle bag or stuffing bubblegum in my carhartts when I'm out in the boonies. Sorry if your family was hunted down by armed wildlife. Don't know what to tell you sir.

Save up for a chicom mil chest rig. Possibly the most comfortable one around.

Save up? I paid $10 for mine...added a few fastex buckles and been using it for years....

image.jpg

Sorry to hurt anyone's feelings but WTF would you want to run around with a bunch of mags on a vest if you aren't in a fire fight?
That's all I'm asking
And if you need it to wear to a class....well

Sorry to hurt anyone's feelings but WTF would you want to run around with a bunch of mags on a vest if you aren't in a fire fight?
That's all I'm asking
And if you need it to wear to a class....well
Preparing for a possible "firefight." Chances are it'll never happen, but rather be safe than sorry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top