JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think he did the right thing. It is interesting that the crowd assumed the person with the gun was the bad guy and that none of them called 911. I noticed that the responding police officer didn't seem to be too concerned about the man with the gun though.

Exactly my thoughts. It's mainly interesting because how many times as a bad guy with a gun attempted to detain a man in such a way? And why would the "bad guy" call 911 himself?

the video said the guy with the knife was trying to get his bike back from a bike theif. How do we know we wasnt justified in pulling the knife when confronting the theif?

To be safe, only get involved if 1000% sure who you are defending. Typically that means me, my family, or maybe neighbors.

In this scenario, what if the attacker were an undercover detective defending himself? I can't make any assumptions.

Or what if it was a prank like this one?

It's definitely NOT worthwhile to forgo $30,000 in legal fees, 5 years of your life in court to spare a scumbag bike thief from a few knife scars...

If it were "justified" he'd have been in imminent danger; the "bike thief" was unarmed and in the process of being cut and / or stabbed. Justified?
I didnt see that in the video, anything about the bike theif being unarmed.
But I will admit my hunch is you are correct the guy with the knife was probably not justified. The citizen did say he saw the guy pull the knife and start swinging.

I'll call the cops for you, but I won't get involved unless I know all of the circumstances, which I won't know if I don't know you.

It amazes me that although everyone assumes the guy with the gun is the "bad guy" and even gives him directives to put the gun down- they get within about ten feet of the guy and pull out their phones to record...versus calling the police...versus avoiding getting shot by an actual "bad guy"...

I don't know about you all, but my first instinct with a guy pointing a gun at someone isn't to pull out my phone and record the thing...but that's just me.

the video said the guy with the knife was trying to get his bike back from a bike theif. How do we know we wasnt justified in pulling the knife when confronting the theif?

The main thing is no one was killed' bleeding profusely or dead so the authorities will be able to get it sorted out. There is no 100% assurance any CC will do the right thing.

The reporter says the cops claim they do not need heroes. So say the guy with the knife is a bad guy or the he is protecting himself. Either way the CC holder stopped someone from being stabbed justified or not. Nobody was hurt because of what he did.
I cannot say what I would do unless it happened to me but I will not judge the man for stepping in to do what he thought was right. I believe he was most definitely justified to draw and do what he did. Just never know how we might react in the situation until it arises. Someone about to be stabbed would get my attention no matter how "justified" the knife holder may be it was over once the gun came out.
Seems like nothing buy a cc holder with balls doing what was right in his mind at the moment. Cannot blame him for that.

I would however venture a guess that the reason the cop did not react to the gun being out is I am sure the guy told the 911 operator he was a retired cop. That would make a world of difference to the officers responding and how they treat you.

This may be a good one to use in a training class. Shows handling the situation of on-lookers, not relaxing your focus point and primary mission, taking care of business when others won't (although in most cases I don't think you'll have the luxury of placing a 911 call while holding down a suspect) and would open up good conversation on how to handle this situation.

What if the on-lookers decided to stop you with their gun? What then? You better be aware of what they are doing as well!

Wish we had seen the initial attack and just what had gone down. Then we'd have a better idea of just why the guy drew his gun and we could better evaluate our response in that situation.

Cops aren't grown on some planet somewhere and then sent down on the Space Shuttle to protect us. They are just like you and I. In many cases, they are less trained and receive less training than regular old civilians do in dealing with situations like this.

So I always LMAO when I hear the police say "what he did was dangerous." Yeah, I know Dick Tracy; all situations involving drawn guns are dangerous.

And the story points out in the first 30 seconds that the good guy with a gun is a retired police detective.

But that is where our society is; just loads of people filling the train cars of the bullet train to Pussyville.

Cops aren't grown on some planet somewhere and then sent down on the Space Shuttle to protect us. They are just like you and I. In many cases, they are less trained and receive less training than regular old civilians do in dealing with situations like this.

So I always LMAO when I hear the police say "what he did was dangerous." Yeah, I know Dick Tracy; all situations involving drawn guns are dangerous.

And the story points out in the first 30 seconds that the good guy with a gun is a retired police detective.

But that is where our society is; just loads of people filling the train cars of the bullet train to Pussyville.

I think everyone here has become pretty weary of police anymore. If they are grown they need better lighting before they take the crop of cops out to screw with us.
What is this LMAO you speak of? I refuse to understand this lingo.:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA