JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
International film star Matt Damon revealed his total hypocrisy about guns today. Damon, the star of the popular "Bourne" series action movies in which his character Jason Bourne is constantly shooting and killing people with guns, was in Australia promoting promoting his latest film" "Jason Bourne". Damon both stars in the movie as well as being a key producer, and was paid $25 million to be in the film. This is Damon's 6th movie where he has been paid over $20 million.

But while making millions of dollars starring in action movies where he is constantly engaging in all kinds of gun violence and killing people, privately Damon has a different view of guns. He told reporters in Australia that he envied how that country had so quickly moved to outlaw so many guns and restricted access to others, and wished that it could happen in America.

Will you go to the theater to see the new blockbuster Jason Bourne movie this month? Do you think he is somewhat of a hypocrite, to be raking in all of these millions for shooting people with guns in the movies, while privately being totally against gun ownership?

Here is a news report about Damon's comments today:

Matt Damon talks gun control ahead of 'Bourne' release - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/06/entertainment/matt-damon-gun-control-bourne/index.html?sr=fbCNN070616matt-damon-gun-control-bourne0606PMStoryLink&linkId=26273297)

I am guessing he requires his body guards to be armed.
Guns for me, not for thee.

I will wait 'til I can see the movie when it is available on Amazon Prime. I like the stories but not worth supporting him at full price.

"You guys did it here in one fell swoop and I wish that could happen in my country, but it's such a personal issue for people that we cannot talk about it sensibly,"Damon told The Sydney Morning Herald. "We just can't."

I love how people like these Hollywood rats sell us out over admitting that maybe THEY are part of the problem themselves. Until every f'ing prick in Hollywood refuses to make a movie with guns and killing, I won't give a flying frack what they have to say on this matter. They are hypocrites through and through. Damon should simply leave the country and move to Australia if he loves it so much there.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya...

Damon should simply leave the country and move to Australia if he loves it so much there.

Personal income taxes are way higher on the rich in Austalia. Damon got only $10 Million to be in the first Bourne movie, but has been making over 20 million in the more recent releases, and got $25 million for this latest one.

The government there not only takes away people's guns, but also their money! :eek:

He may not care about having any guns, but he probably wants to keep his money.

Personal income taxes are way higher on the rich in Austalia. Damon got only $10 Million to be in the first Bourne movie, but has been making over 20 million in the more recent releases, and got $25 million for this latest one.

The government there not only takes away people's guns, but also their money! :eek:

He may not care about having any guns, but he probably wants to keep his money.

Well, gun control is expensive. Perhaps he'd be willing to put most of his considerable fortune up to help fight gun violence. Then again, he'd probably rather just b!tch about it in an interview.

Actors are not the characters they portray.

Sometimes they play good guys sometimes they play evil people.

This doesn't mean that they are good or evil. The actors who play Hitler, in movies, probably don't ascribe to Nazism. That doesn't make them hypocrites.

Remember, movies and TV shows are almost never about real life.

I have not and will never pay to see one of his movies in fact if i still had movie channels i would complain about them showing his movies. We should set a example of this guy. Its so hard to boycott all of hollywood but this guy would make a great start. Pass it on.

It does irk me when I see people who I know value their rights give in and pay to watch some hollywood crap. But it is hard there are so many of them we just need to sort out a few and start making examples of them.

Shame on any of you who pay to see his most recent movies.

Last Edited:
This surprises you?
Damon's a tool. Wahlberg's a tool. You could go down a list of actors and actresses, most whom never held anything more than an airsoft, and but for a few exceptions, they will all be anti-gun. It's something in the water down there.

Here's a list I just took off web sites, I didn't cross check for accuracy.
Own and Use Guns, support gun rights
Alice Cooper | Ted Nugent | Robert DeNiro
Sarah Michelle Gellar | Amber Heard | Karl Malone
Johnny Depp | Val Kilmer | Milla Jovovich
Brock Lesnar | Hulk Hogan | Whoopie Goldberg
Reba McEntire | Conan O'Brien | Dan Bilzerian
Kurt Russell | Jason Statham | Tom Selleck
Bridget FondA | Clive Owen | Christian Slater
Quentin Tarantino | Uma Thurman | Marc Anthony
Josh Brolin | Ashton Kutcher | Gary Sinise
Eva Longoria | Brad Pitt | Bruce Willis
Angelina Jolie | Alton Brown | Chuck Norris
James Earl Jones | Keanu Reeves | Ice-T
Charles Barkley | Miranda Lambert | Eliza Dushku

Use Guns for Profit, Vocal for Gun Control
Arnold Schwarznegger
Mark Wahlberg
Matt Damon
Sean Connery
Sylvester Stallone
Liam Neeson

Last Edited:
I have never and never will pay to watch a movie by Damon, or any of the "stars" that I perceive as anti gun ownership!

BTW, add Ashton Kutcher to the pro gun and prepper family!:D

Mark Walburg is someone I stopped paying to see a long time ago.

I have wiped better than him off my the bottom of my shoe

This guy changed his tone when he wanted to get pardoned of his hate crimes to be able to carry a gun I believe it was for some tv series or movie.

I'm going to watch it. I read most of the Bourne series books. I could give F*** all about the actor. Most of Hollywood (not just actors, the whole system) is weird. If I wanted all the actors in all the movies to share my politics I'd never be able to watch anything. Hollywood is a lot like the NFL bench where we see grown men have other grown assed men squirt water in their mouth or tie their shoes because... In Hollywood, grown assed people need other grown assed people to do their basic life tasks because...

There are so few watchable movies these days. When a decent one comes along I'm going to watch it. My wife makes me watch Thor/Capt America movies and anything with the Rock. Surprisingly, I believe Fabio (remember him) is a real MF'er into guns and bikes.

This surprises you?
Damon's a tool. Wahlberg's a tool. You could go down a list of actors and actresses, most whom never held anything more than an airsoft, and but for a few exceptions, they will all be anti-gun. It's something in the water down there.

Here's a list I just took off web sites, I didn't cross check for accuracy.
Own and Use Guns, support gun rights
Alice Cooper​
Ted Nugent​
Robert DeNiro​
Damian Marley​
Sarah Michelle Gellar​
Amber Heard​
Karl Malone​
Howard Stern​
Johnny Depp​
Val Kilmer​
Milla Jovovich​
Eliza Dushku​
Brock Lesnar​
Hulk Hogan​
Whoopie Goldberg​
Reba McEntire​
Conan O'Brien​
Dan Bilzerian​
Kurt Russell​
Jason Statham​
Tom Selleck​
Bridget Fonda​
Clive Owen​
Christian Slater​
Quentin Tarantino​
Uma Thurman​
Marc Anthony​
Josh Brolin​
Ashton Kutcher​
Gary Sinise​
Eva Longoria​
Brad Pitt​
Bruce Willis​
Angelina Jolie​
Alton Brown​
Chuck Norris​
James Earl Jones​
Keanu Reeves​
Ice-T​
Charles Barkley​
Miranda Lambert​

Use Guns for Profit, Vocal for Gun Control
Arnold Schwarznegger
Mark Wahlberg
Matt Damon
Sean Connery
Sylvester Stallone

Whoopie Goldberg, Brad Pitt, Howard Stern should be removed from the green list. I believe more also but I'm spacing

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top