JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just goes to show how insane the media is to jump on any sort of tiny inclination as fast and as soon as they can.

With absolutely zero care for actual facts mind you.

Just goes to show how insane the media is to jump on any sort of tiny inclination as fast and as soon as they can.

With absolutely zero care for actual facts mind you.

It's all about being first with the story.

DEO99osXkAIl8TD.jpg

I drove near that base Thursday. No one running around shooting.

The media has been caught bragging after newtown that facts don't matter, only ratings and the more BS they spew the more their ratings jump

First i am glad that this story , didn't pan out.

Second...
I am tired of hearing of Murderers referred to as Shooters...
I enjoy shooting my firearms...that makes me a "shooter"...
At Rendezvous we have a "Shooters Meeting"...where we go over range rules , scoring , expectations etc...
Being known as a shooter isn't always a bad thing.

The usage of a word , can make a difference...We as gun owners often lose on a issue . because the opponents have command and control over the language used.

And yes I understand the "why" of the use of certain words in reporting...both for the "headline factor " and for the particular spin a writer or editor wants to put out....

I am just tired of being painted as a bad guy and having my likes , hobbies and rights ...dragged through the mud and made to be something to feel ashamed of ....Along with all the propaganda use of gun terms for the "other side".

And again...yes I have tried explaining these ideas and terms to those who think and feel differently than I do about guns and gun ownership...
Doing this is only productive if both sides of the coin are willing to listen to the other...And then willing to use what they learn for the betterment of both.

Sorry the early morning rant....now back to coffee and a better mood.....:D
Andy

First i am glad that this story , didn't pan out.

Second...
I am tired of hearing of Murderers referred to as Shooters...
I enjoy shooting my firearms...that makes me a "shooter"...
At Rendezvous we have a "Shooters Meeting"...where we go over range rules , scoring , expectations etc...
Being known as a shooter isn't always a bad thing.

The usage of a word , can make a difference...We as gun owners often lose on a issue . because the opponents have command and control over the language used.

And yes I understand the "why" of the use of certain words in reporting...both for the "headline factor " and for the particular spin a writer or editor wants to put out....

I am just tired of being painted as a bad guy and having my likes , hobbies and rights ...dragged through the mud and made to be something to feel ashamed of ....Along with all the propaganda use of gun terms for the "other side".

And again...yes I have tried explaining these ideas and terms to those who think and feel differently than I do about guns and gun ownership...
Doing this is only productive if both sides of the coin are willing to listen to the other...And then willing to use what they learn for the betterment of both.

Sorry the early morning rant....now back to coffee and a better mood.....:D
Andy

Check me on this, but I recall the Home Depot truck attack was reported first as an Active Shooting. As well as the kid in Santa Barbara that stabbed, ran over with a BMW (no calls for BMW bans) and finally, shot people.

It's called the boob tube not only because TVs had tubes at one time but the broadcasters think audiences are boobs. Media have no respect for us and really only do things to impress other broadcasters.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top