JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed....it was shooting at targets and getting the rounds where they belonged....I'm not a fast shooter

I'm not a slow shooter. I'm not a fast shooter. I'm merely a half-fast shooter. (you knew that was coming :rolleyes:)

Safety first, accuracy second, then speed. Speed and accuracy is a balance, with just enough accuracy needed to get the job done. As others have said many times over, you shoot a lot and speed comes.

I'm not a super competitor type... I do action shooting for fun and skills. My results reflect that and aging. Typically in the middle of the pack of maybe a bit lower on IDPA SSP division depending on who is there. In ESP division I am sometimes at the top, lol, there is usually only one other shooter in ESP.

I am only relaying personal experience from the action range in question. Some of you may have other experiences and points of view and that is great. I think that we can all have our points of view and discuss them without being told our point of view is invalid or "untrue" because another member feels differently.

On multiple occasions at said range, the rules written and the rules enforced by the staff are not congruent. Thus my gripes with the action range. But they are my gripes based my my personal experience. Hopefully we can respect each others opinions even if we don't agree.

Did they really "tackle" that shooter... take him/her to the ground? Or just wrap him/her up? In my experience, as a backup RO/SO (not certified), it is really hard to stay within arms length of the shooter when movement starts. Usually the breaking of the 180 comes as a surprise and RO reaction time is delayed and can require anything from an arm block, shoulder block, hip block, to a full wrap up. You should try it. We had a aging gentleman that drew from back facing the target, and instead of turning first he pointed the muzzle right at the SO and myself in the background. Scary stuff!! He is losing his faculties and was dis-invited from the IDPA club. I'm worried about myself getting there too.

I am only relaying personal experience from the action range in question. Some of you may have other experiences and points of view and that is great. I think that we can all have our points of view and discuss them without being told our point of view is invalid or "untrue" because another member feels differently.

On multiple occasions at said range, the rules written and the rules enforced by the staff are not congruent. Thus my gripes with the action range. But they are my gripes based my personal experience. Hopefully we can respect each others opinions even if we don't agree.

I wouldn't go to tcgc, and spout off about them being negative because that would be instigating imo, but when a question is asked in a public forum.....
Stating rules that are not the rules isn't your opinion. You made statements that not true.

It isn't a matter of your opinion being wrong, it is a matter that the function, rules and use of the action range as you stated were not true. It's not a matter of agreement/disgreement it's a matter of what do the rules say.

The TCGC web page makes the following statement regarding the action range:

The action range consists of 13 shooting bays. The shooting bays are open, flat rectangular areas with berms on at least three sides. They have no fixed shooting positions or target holders. Shooters are free to place targets and obstacles in a wide variety of positions, shoot from unusual positions, shoot while moving, engage in rapid fire, and draw from holsters.

If someone has a problem with an RO improperly enforcing rules, then they should either point out the correct rule to the RO, or speak to the head RO to clarify things.
I interact a lot with ROs there and have never had a problem with any of them.

Last Edited:
It isn't a matter of your opinion being wrong, it is a matter that the function, rules and use of the action range were not true. It's not a matter of agreement/disgreement.

I understand what it says, my issue is and has been with the enforcement of said rules varying between RO's while utilizing the range. It is a personal opinion regarding what I consider inconsistentcy. I am not claiming it as gospel, or saying everyone else has the same experience.

The Op asked for personal experience. I am guessing so that he could weigh for himself the Different accounts of individuals.

I am wimping out on this topic from here forward, things are getting a bit personal for my taste.

The TCGC web page makes the following statement regarding the action range:

I got the notification the other day about the fundamentals class and the certification class. My surprise, is that the certification class falls between the two fundamentals class sessions, I would've expected the club to arrange for the certification to be after the fundamentals class, but oh well, it's all good.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top