JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK just got to share this. Its a good one. Several years ago I had purchased 1000 rounds of Federal 9mm 115gr fmj for about .15 cents/round on sale. I was moving at the time so I had them delivered to my Brother in Laws' address. During the moves and resettling I completely spaced this purchase out. My in laws just stored them in a closet and over time they forgot about them too. Did I tell you that the In Laws are not gun folks? Anyhoo ... Right before Thanksgiving this year the In Laws stopped by for a visit and guess what they brought with 'em? Yep! They brought my 9mm ammo and delivered it to me in person. Wow! I was totally shocked! They were cleaning out that closet and there the unopened ammo case had sat for at least several years. Decided to surprise me by bringing them down to me and did they ever. Good folks my In Laws. After they had left and headed off to their next family stop, I just had to laugh. No one is finding cheap 9mm these days and I had just ended up with an unexpected bargain. :cool: So if anyone asks where all the cheap 9mm ammo is ... tell 'em I got a real good deal on some 9mm for Thanksgiving! :D

Cheap bulk is gone for the foreseeable future but decent deals are still out there i scored a couple hundred rounds of 9 at coastal for $11 a box this weekend

You can also invest in a reloading setup and roll your own cast 9mm rounds for approximately $.11/cpr or plated rounds for slightly more and you'll be relatively insulated from these dry ammo cycles with a little foresight. Not very long ago before Gucci guns, PCCs and IDPA matches some gun owners said 9mm was so plentiful and cheap it wasn't "worth" reloading. Handloading for 40 years now allows me to shoot hundreds a round a week with thousands on the shelf waiting their rotation. But we don't just reload to save money, it's relaxing, it allows you to develop your own accurate loads and takes firearms ownership to a whole different level. I clean, size, prime my empties and have them ready to load and go in my spare time. Give it a try, you''ll find reloaders a very helpful and informative bunch.

BC0A796A-12E2-4F37-A733-F6D1EA5C6A5E.jpeg

Last Edited:
Yep also been rolling my own for a very long time now - mostly 45acp and 9mm. It is an enjoyable hobby that lets me make new rounds at way less than anything commercial - especially now. Cold and very rainy these days. Range time is very short. Look out Spring!!! ;)

I have a good friend on this site
I Know hard to believe Right !

Anyway he reloaded me 100rds of 9mm JHP talk about a cool gift HUH !

Who does that

He's Golden in my book I'll have to think of something awesome in return

You can also invest in a reloading setup and roll your own cast 9mm rounds for approximately $.11/cpr or plated rounds for slightly more and you'll be relatively insulated from these dry ammo cycles with a little foresight. Not very long ago before Gucci guns, PCCs and IDPA matches some gun owners said 9mm was so plentiful and cheap it wasn't "worth" reloading. Handloading for 40 years now allows me to shoot hundreds a round a week with thousands on the shelf waiting their rotation. But we don't just reload to save money, it's relaxing, it allows you to develop your own accurate loads and takes firearms ownership to a whole different level. I clean, size, prime my empties and have them ready to load and go in my spare time. Give it a try, you''ll find reloaders a very helpful and informative bunch.

View attachment 792495
Primers are dang near 11 cents a piece.

I have a good friend on this site
I Know hard to believe Right !

Anyway he reloaded me 100rds of 9mm JHP talk about a cool gift HUH !

Who does that

He's Golden in my book I'll have to think of something awesome in return
You could always give him empty 9mm casings and spent primers as a thank you gift. :D

In the amount of time those x dollars had been sitting in that closet you could have invested that same amount in a low yield bond and bought Manhattan with the proceeds.

not really

You could retire selling that case now:)

Lol...yeah I've been hearing about all those crazy Gunbroker auctions...but it's because I'm retired on a fixed living income that I've inventoried my reloading supplies. I can't take them with me, so I've sold over 35k primers at cost to several new generation handloaders since February, only asked them to pay it forward someday to others. Some Salt of the Earth old timers taught me that decades ago and its just my way of honoring their memories.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top