JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know that BC is a metric of air resistance, a bigger number is better. Does BC affect precision or just drops? Ive never got the advertised ballistics or velocity from any brand of ammo or bullet. Hammers are precise enough, if someone is getting 1moa or better how does a lower BC hold them back?
I guess it would depend on your type of shooting, it probably wouldnt hold me back. The higher the BC the flatter the bullet will shoot is my understanding. It isn't a big deal to me cause I don't really shoot long range often now, i plan to eventually but for now I'm just hunting so it's usually 500 and in for me. I bought a bunch of different hammer bullets for multiple calibers even tho I knew the bc would probably be incorrect and will continue to tinker with them, especially in 6.5 PRC and 375 raptor. I just think the drama about their BC is kinda funny

I guess it would depend on your type of shooting, it probably wouldnt hold me back. The higher the BC the flatter the bullet will shoot is my understanding. It isn't a big deal to me cause I don't really shoot long range often now, i plan to eventually but for now I'm just hunting so it's usually 500 and in for me. I bought a bunch of different hammer bullets for multiple calibers even tho I knew the bc would probably be incorrect and will continue to tinker with them, especially in 6.5 PRC and 375 raptor. I just think the drama about their BC is kinda funny
Ive picked up there are some Hammer critics on some hunting forums. Im not experienced at long range shooting to have an opinion, so I ignore it. I do know there are 10x more positive reviews.
Im in the same boat as you, I dont shoot long range hunting but in the next few years I should draw an antelope tag so I want to see if I can reach out to 500 maybe 600. I dont have enough free time to try all kinds of bullets so I picked Hammer and will try others later if I have time. Learning to reload is fun, but its also "work" and time consuming.

Ive picked up there are some Hammer critics on some hunting forums. Im not experienced at long range shooting to have an opinion, so I ignore it. I do know there are 10x more positive reviews.
Im in the same boat as you, I dont shoot long range hunting but in the next few years I should draw an antelope tag so I want to see if I can reach out to 500 maybe 600. I dont have enough free time to try all kinds of bullets so I picked Hammer and will try others later if I have time. Learning to reload is fun, but its also "work" and time consuming.
Exactly. A few people hate them but most love them. They're easy to load, accurate, they kill and they're almost always in stock and ship fast which is great

Also I can confirm, having hunted antelope for the first time last year in WY, that being able to shoot to 500 would sure come in handy haha. They can see so far!

hear RL23 powder really delivers additional velocity but thats stil unobtainium....
RL23 burns hotter, causing faster throat erosion and thus, shorter barrel life overall compared to H4350.
Does BC affect precision or just drops?
Lower BC means it will be affected more by wind, and longer, which affects accuracy.
Higher BC helps the bullet get there faster, with less drop and delivering more energy on impact.

Also I can confirm, having hunted antelope for the first time last year in WY, that being able to shoot to 500 would sure come in handy haha. They can see so far!
Same, Ive filled two tags here in Oregon and I struggled for the weeks hunt to get within 300yds, Both hunts I had to crawl under the sagebrush a few hundred yards to get there. I should be able to draw another tag in a few years so Im hoping to improve my marksmanship beyond 300yds.

RL23 burns hotter, causing faster throat erosion and thus, shorter barrel life overall compared to H4350.

Lower BC means it will be affected more by wind, and longer, which affects accuracy.
Higher BC helps the bullet get there faster, with less drop and delivering more energy on impact.
For a hunting rifle I think it would be worth getting the additional velocity. I think most premium hunting projectiles perform terminally but I can see why they would be tempted to inflate their BC values. As a consumer I have no way of measuring my bullets BC so all I can do is measure my drops at each distance and write that number down on my dope card to carry with me.

Unless there is a way to calculate BC?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top