JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I am a XD/XDM guy buy heart, but follow gun auctions and will always bid on things that I think are undervalued. That is how I accidentally came to own a Glock (of all things) 24. I simply bid what I thought the thing was worth, and I guess the bidding public disagreed. And know I am the proud owner of a Glock. A gun that I have long admired for it's reliability, but loathed for it's ergonomics.

Well, right or wrong, I will have a new long slide Glock to test out in a few days. Let's hope I fall in love with a forbidden fo.

If the grip angle gets on your nerves, go with the Grip Force Adapter. I got one on my G17 and I love it. The original grip angle doesn't bother me, but the GFA is very nice and I love it.... and I'm a big Glock fan. I have had a few XD pistols and I like them, but I like the Glock more because it's simpler and has better capacity. Worst case, you can sell it :D

I'm a broken record when it comes to Glock bashing on here, I recently bought a 29SF from a member and I gotta admit it's pretty sweet. Mine has night sights and a KKM Precision barrel so it's not the typical Glock certified ugly.

No it was in reference to the certified ugly comment. Mine works beyond great with factory parts and I would say beyond acceptable.

My mistake. I'll catch one of you admitting it, one day, oh yes, one day.

5wyve0.jpg

Accidentally? That's funny. Hope you enjoy it.
I once traded for a handgun just because I thought it would be easier to sell. Little did I know it would end up being the one handgun I would never consider selling.
Maybe this is that one for you?

A real mans firearm that doesn't require half of its guts replaced upon purchase - 1911's, Revolvers, etc.

Either I'm not understanding what you're getting at, or you're speaking from a lot of ignorance, partner. Nothing on a Glock needs replacing. People frequently upgrade triggers and sights, for preference, but absolutely nothing is "required." Quite contrary to 1911s, which generally need to be completely overhauled by a good smith before being put into service.

Either I'm not understanding what you're getting at, or you're speaking from a lot of ignorance, partner. Nothing on a Glock needs replacing. People frequently upgrade triggers and sights, for preference, but absolutely nothing is "required." Quite contrary to 1911s, which generally need to be completely overhauled by a good smith before being put into service.

He's poking fun at you.:s0045:

The title ( Accidentally bought a Glock)
First thought to me was that is like picking up a girl with a beard at the club
Then getting her home only to find out she is a he. Just not going to happen. Accidentally:s0114:

A real mans firearm that doesn't require half of its guts replaced upon purchase - 1911's, Revolvers, etc.

I have two Glocks. No need to change anything.

When there are accessories around, guys will buy them, necessary or not. ARs, mossberg 500s, Remington 870s, Glocks, S&W M&Ps, and a host of other firearms are proof of this. In reality, they're all great out of the box.

At first glance, I thought the thread title read as "Accidentally shot myself with a Glock".
It's what I usually expect to see on gun forums.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top