JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Today, I spoke with the employees at my local BiMart. They told me last Monday they received a total of four (4!) of the .22LR buckets and they were gone fast (one per customer limit). Since last Monday, they have not received any more 22LR.

This gets asked and answered every other week.

There is no "shortage". If anything, there is significantly more ammunition in civilian hands today than there was two months ago.

Think about it critically for a second. NW Armory, for example, got tens of thousands of rounds of 9mm in over the last two weeks.

Now back in November, when they were getting the same sized shipments of ammo, customers would walk in at the rate of 10 per hour, some would buy a few boxes, some wouldn't. The point being that one shipment would last a week or two on the shelves.

Today, customers are lining up into the parking lot, it's shoulder to shoulder inside, and nobody is leaving the store without a handful of ammo. Shipments last for a single day if that.

Supply is the same. Civilians are just buying it up much faster, giving the impression of a "shortage" when none exists. If you're looking for .22LR, it's all around you. Just ask your family, friends, neighbors, and fellow forum members who snatched all of it up 30 minutes before you got to the store.

One more story before I go. A online retailer recently got a shipment of over 500,000 rounds of a popular rifle caliber in stock. I watched it sell out in 35 minutes. It wasn't the military or LE, it was guys like you and I, buying ammo at a staggering rate of 250 rounds per second. It's mind boggling to think about how much our psychology has changed since Sandy Hook. We are impulse buying ammo the moment it gets put on the shelves.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top