JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at my gun club and there was a letter on the bulletin board from someone who attended a big trade show and spoke with reps from the major companies. Its sad news- 6 to 9 months before things get stabilized. 1st dibs go to the military, 2nd to leo's, 3rd to civilian customers, 4th to reloading components

I have a copy of that letter or email. I got it about a month ago. Its not like they are not making ammo. They are ramping up and making more than ever, its just not getting through to us yet. If the letter is true its going to be awhile.

That letter was a hoax. If it's the same one that's been through here two or three times, It's just something somebody wrote. There's no insider information in it. There's not really any truth in it either.

Alright, I can understand that it will take a while to get inventory back in the supply chain.
Especially for the ammo that is used by LEO and Military.
I don't understand the shortage of 22lr.
Haven't seen a new brick of 22 ammo around for months. Saw a special on tv that was filmed at CCI, they were making 3 million rounds a day. Since it is not being used by the government, do the math. Where is it going?
I could understand if it was showing up and being purchased off the shelves right away, but it is not even showing up on the shelves!
Just another one of those things in life I don't understand.

Its just that they are focusing on .223, 9mm and other cartridges used by the military. When the military and Leo's reach their quota(which may grow if we begin a new war) when their needs are met they will focus on producing sporting ammo.
And the letter I saw gave the names of the reps he spoke with and their positions, I don't know why it seems so hard to believe it will take 6+ months till shelves are stocked. Especially after reading about the billions of rounds the Dept of Homeland Security is buying.

Even if the rounds were only going to the 4300 odd Wal-Mart stores, that 3 million rounds a day works out to 705 rounds per store, per day. There are far more retailers out there, and the profiteers and hoarders get up far earlier than most of us. The stores are getting it, we are just not fast enough.

There is a supplier here in the Portland Metro area that will be getting $250k worth of all cal from Federal.....
inside source says it will be at store shelves sometime this week.....

Trouble is that we are buyin it all up as soome as it hits the racks. My local Bimart got in 50 bricks of 22LR last week. It lasted a half hour.

And that is happening nation wide.

Trouble is that we are buyin it all up as soome as it hits the racks. My local Bimart got in 50 bricks of 22LR last week. It lasted a half hour.

And that is happening nation wide.

Example A: Northwest Armory went through a half PALLET of 9mm in about 3-4 hours. Look for "deals" in the ammo section on Independence and Estate on this and other forums. FYI, both were $16 out the door at 2pm this afternoon.....

Example A: Northwest Armory went through a half PALLET of 9mm in about 3-4 hours. Look for "deals" in the ammo section on Independence and Estate on this and other forums. FYI, both were $16 out the door at 2pm this afternoon.....

Example B: I was at Bi-Mart when these went out today and got mine......for $62.97(to shoot)......this is why we do not have anything on the shelves.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/12884...ton-umc-9mm-115-grain-fmj-megapack-250-rounds

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top